Jon Jones: I would fight Cain in a heartbeat

Cain vs Jones would be amazing. I've never been to a UFC event, but if this fight happens I would see it for sure in person

If they fought at HW I do not get everyone saying that Jones would wreck Cain. I mean, as mentioned before, with Cain fighting at HW and not worrying about cutting down his chances of gassing like DC did are very slim to none. And Jone's strikes would be like pinpricks to Cain relative to some of the hits he walked off in past fights.

You see the punches DC was landing tonight? Picture Cain landing those hits while having all of his power from not cutting down to LHW. See what I mean?

Now I am not actually discounting the possibility that Jones can go up to Cain and get a narrow, close UD or split decision victory at HW. But what is up with everyone saying that if the Cain from Cain Dos Santos 2 and 3 shows up that Jones will wreck him and break him without working up a sweat? What's up with that?

I don't think Cain's chin is as good as you think. Hell, I think DC has a better chin. DC ate Jones best shots all day no problem. I think Cain's lack of a chin is what gives Jones a chance of winning if they ever fought

I don't think Cain's chin is as good as you think. Hell, I think DC has a better chin. DC ate Jones best shots all day no problem. I think Cain's lack of a chin is what gives Jones a chance of winning if they ever fought

Cain has a good chin. He's like Nick Diaz in the way that they both get dropped and rocked but dont go out. ( yes I'm aware of the first JDS fight. )

cains chin is good enough to take anything jones has to offer, any who thinks otherwise is seriously dumb.

Jones doesn't have the kind of power that Cain has to worry about at all.

Cain has a good chin. He's like Nick Diaz in the way that they both get dropped and rocked but dont go out. ( yes I'm aware of the first JDS fight. )

Are you aware of the Cheick Kongo fight?

Are yes. the monster puncher Jon Jones. he drops and knocks people out regularly.

I would love to see this fight.....but I think if anything we saw today, is that Cain would beat Jones up pretty bad.

Why do you say that? We saw Jones destroy one of the best guys at AKA. Seeing what he did to Cormier makes me think he beats Cain. He completely outwrestled Cormier. Don't see why Jones cant do the exact same thing to Cain.

imagine if they were to fight and jones kos cain with one punch holy shit lol that would be insane

Who won that fight again?

My point is that Cain's chin isn't super durable like you think. He has been wobbled many times. And yes, I know Jones isn't a knockout artist, but he does good damage with his helblows.

My point is that Cain's chin isn't super durable like you think. He has been wobbled many times. And yes, I know Jones isn't a knockout artist, but he does good damage with his helblows.

And people forget Jones gets to add (alot of)weight.. if he does it slowly he gains alot of muscle and power.

chieck fucking kongo hits hard dude. jones hits no where near as hard as kongo NO WHERE FUCKING NEAR not even close! :)

ya jones will get bigger, but punching power is like natural strength, u either have it or you dont. sure u can work on hitting harder, how has that worked for Bisping by the way?? it doesnt or rarely does.

Why do you say that? We saw Jones destroy one of the best guys at AKA. Seeing what he did to Cormier makes me think he beats Cain. He completely outwrestled Cormier. Don't see why Jones cant do the exact same thing to Cain.

Cain is bigger and maybe faster version of Cormier. I would think Cain beats Jones, but would not be surprised if Jones wins

Yes he does great damage with those hellbows when he can get guys flat on their back. But he could not get DC on his back so that he could really unleash those elbows and finish the fight, even when DC was gassed from the first 3 rounds and from cutting to LHW. So how does he have any chance at getting Cain in that position when he's fighting at HW and Cain is at his best? Yeah, he ain't getting the KO with elbows from a standing position against Cain. Again, many of the shots he would land would be like pinpricks against a guy like Cain.

Back