Jon Jones: I would fight Cain in a heartbeat

Cain won't slow down like DC. He's also much more relentless and has flawless technique everywhere. I say make this fight as soon as Cain is ready. UFC could use another huge fight like this. Put CM Punk on the co main event and we're talking three million buys

Actually he only meant that in a hypothetical way, as in I would, I'm not scared, but I won't, because cain will get injured and pull out of the fight.

fixed that for you.

Cain won't slow down like DC. He's also much more relentless and has flawless technique everywhere. I say make this fight as soon as Cain is ready. UFC could use another huge fight like this. Put CM Punk on the co main event and we're talking three million buys

Cain is also, ya know, much larger than DC.

After he disposes of AJ/Gus he should move up. I have no desire to see him rematch anyone if he's successful in his next fight.

That may be the only superfight that could ever be as big as GSP/Anderson could have been (not quite but almost)

if...............Cain can get fucking healthy!

Sounds the right thing to do.

Jones will kill cain

After he said he would fight Cain he then added he's not moving to HW! LMAO.. He better pray Cain doesn't cut weight because that would mean Cain is determined to avenge DC's defeat.. Do you see the primal rage in that mans eyes when he fights? Cain would come at Jones all night.. He just doesn't give a fuck.

He also said "but 205 is the best for me, and I'm making weight easily right now", and then later added "I don't even want to talk about heavyweight anymore".

It's never happening. He will never fight Cain.

After Jones fights Gus. He should fight Cain(if he beats Werdum) for the belt. Assuming both win their fights and Cain stays healthy.

no way cain beats him seriously, ok jones is good but the points i listed arent far fetched, and are barely opinion. there is much evidence that we have seen to prove these points. cain is a beast and out works guys at lighter weight classes. as long as he is anythuing like he was before he got hurt, hes not going to suddenly get tired in a fight. and he has been hit hurt and dropped before and that didnt affect his pace (Kongo fight) cain is a different animal, and he would and should be favored over jones if they ever fought.

Let him beat Gus again and then DC again and let Cain defend his belt a couple more times, AND THEN let them fight.

No thanks. If Jones and Cain both win their next fight just make it happen. There's not much sense in waiting.

who is this, how do you say, Cain of whom you speak?

he also said he doesnt want to even think about HW right now (after that)

maybe later. "talk to dana about it. pick the right fighter (ie ducking Cain) and pick the right purse." those were his exact words from the conference lol

Cain will break his will inside of 3 rounds. He gas never fought someone like Cain. Violence at a pace he can't keep up with!

Hey pussy, you still there?

Honestly, if this was old-school MMA there's be no question he'd fight HW soon. But he is going to make money at LHW where he has a size/reach advantage the majority of the time. Why would he give that up?

jones knows cain is a different beast than DC and DC was giving jones trouble for those first 3 rounds. if jones is smart he will avoid cain at all cost. if he actually fights cain then hes got some balls on him seriously.

He also said "but 205 is the best for me, and I'm making weight easily right now", and then later added "I don't even want to talk about heavyweight anymore".

It's never happening. He will never fight Cain.

Jones also I think mentioned in the presser for the the right purse he would fight at heavyweight referring to the Cain fight

If they fought at HW I do not get everyone saying that Jones would wreck Cain. I mean, as mentioned before, with Cain fighting at HW and not worrying about cutting down his chances of gassing like DC did are very slim to none. And Jone's strikes would be like pinpricks to Cain relative to some of the hits he walked off in past fights.

You see the punches DC was landing tonight? Picture Cain landing those hits while having all of his power from not cutting down to LHW. See what I mean?

Now I am not actually discounting the possibility that Jones can go up to Cain and get a narrow, close UD or split decision victory at HW. But what is up with everyone saying that if the Cain from Cain Dos Santos 2 and 3 shows up that Jones will wreck him and break him without working up a sweat? What's up with that?

Back