Jon Jones: I would fight Cain in a heartbeat

If Jones fought Cain at HW, he would get destroyed. I doubt that he could beat DC at heavyweight. Jones beat a natural HW who cut 40 pounds to fight at LH. Every time that DC fought at LH, he had big problems cutting weight. DC beat an old Hendo who really isn't a true LH. Hendo's best weight always was at middleweight, more like his natural weight but he had been fighting at LH since 2010. Cain walks around at 265 and cuts down to 240. Everyone knows what happens to Light Heavies when they step up ( no matter how good they are ) in boxing. Just ask Bob Foster, Michael Spinks and Michael Moorer.
The only man in the history of MMA to win a Heavyweight title after winning the Light Heavyweight title was Randy Couture but he was a natural Heavyweight who started out at Heavyweight and dropped to Light Heavyweight and then fought at his natural Heavyweight weight.

Whut?

They would probably be very close to the same weight and jones would still have a monster reach advantage. He has a good chance to beat Cain.

Jones knows that safe to say since Cain hardly fights due to injury

Whut?

They would probably be very close to the same weight and jones would still have a monster reach advantage. He has a good chance to beat Cain.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. That was easily the most idiotic post I've read here tonight. Cain cuts from 265 lol

I think Jones would fight Cain but he wouldn't make the move to heavyweight permanently. Jones will fight anyone they put infront of him. Not a fan of Jones but he is the best LHW the UFC will see for a long time.

If I was asked this question a year ago I would have said Cain wins it handily. But now, I think this goes to decision and it's a very close fight.

I would love to see it happen.

Let him beat Gus again and then DC again and let Cain defend his belt a couple more times, AND THEN let them fight.

Given Cain's injury problems that fight would take forty years to happen.

Jones says that but I think he and his team are smart, they will wait to see Cain declining possibly. Cain is taller, longer, heavier and has much better cardio than Cormier.

Here are some stats from their fights.

Jones vs Cormier: Jones threw 215 strikes and attempted 5 takedowns.

Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2: Cain threw 339 strikes and attempted 33 takedowns.

Velasquez vs Dos Santos 3: Cain threw 378 strikes and attempted 13 takedowns.

Now I know fighting isn't just about work rate, but that says a lot. Jones has issues with intelligent pressure, Cormier showed that. Cain is the best at pressuring intelligently.

It would be a tough fight but I see Cain beating Jones, either by decision or late round stoppage.

Cain only fights Bigfoot or JDS though. He hasn't fought anyone else since 2010.

He keeps saying he would fight Cain in a heartbeat, then says he would stay at 205. I think Jones just waiting for Cain to be past his prime and claim to be GOAT if he beats Cain at like 35...... He knows the prime Cain would crush him.

Cain only fights Bigfoot or JDS though. He hasn't fought anyone else since 2010.

I can't disagree that Jones has a much more impressive record than Cain. But head to head I see Cain winning, Dana says a lot of things but when he labels Cain as the terminator I have to agree.

Every champ ever always talks about super fights. Too bad they never happen

ya but its usually the heavier guy calling out the lighter guy. last time the lighter champ called out the heavier champ was bj penn and gsp, guess what, that fight happened.

I think Cain would be his best chance for a legit KO, and if not he'd have other ways to win.

I've never been impressed with Cain honestly.

I think Cain would be his best chance for a legit KO, and if not he'd have other ways to win.

I've never been impressed with Cain honestly.

We have an early contender for worst post of the year.

Back