Jon Jones has 1 stoppage win in the last 8 years...

Yeah he can't risk losing with all of his failed PED tests. He'd get absolutely killed in the media and his image might not recover. He is trying extremely hard to be undefeated forever (minus the DQ) so that no sponsors would ever drop him and he can always claim to be the best MMA fighter ever, even if it has an asterisk.

For crying out loud time goes fast , seems like yesterday Jones was finishing everyone

I would disagree that was a prime dc. By the time dc cut to 205 he already wasnt himself

Yeah, he really hit a down turn being a dominant champion and then moving up in weight to brutally KTFO the consensus UFC HW GOAT

<puh-lease75>

It's impressive how his hips and shin are in a perfectly straight line up that high. Really great technique and D.C. himself accepts that loss. Also, it's amazing that D.C. didn't even get dropped by that kick. He had a hell of a chin.
It's not that great. Just great coaching . Let me explain.? DC ALWAYS DIPS to the right before he throws the overhand right OR a TD.. it's a fact, am old wrestlers move and he had been doing it the whole fight. Watch it again, he was winning until that kick

Lol he was on steroids for both the DC and Gus fights.

Idiots in this thread

It's not that great. Just great coaching . Let me explain.? DC ALWAYS DIPS to the right before he throws the overhand right OR a TD.. it's a fact, am old wrestlers move and he had been doing it the whole fight. Watch it again, he was winning until that kick
I was referring specifically to his technique on the kick itself. He elevated and rotated his hips perfectly on the kick. It's probably the straightest line between hips and shin on a head kick that I can recall seeing in the UFC. I'm not discounting the affect of Jackson-Wink's coaching in his corner or D.C.'s tendency to dip his head or that D.C. was doing well before he got countered. I was just expressing my observation about the execution of the kick itself and I fully stand behind it.

If you look at the head kick that Rumble hit DC with, which DC was able to eat and eventually weathered the storm against Rumble, wore him out and finished him, Rumble tends not to elevate his hips and rotate as much, he extends his leg upwards more when he throws high kicks. That may have made the difference between DC being able to take the shot in that fight, but not against Jones. Seemingly little things like that can make a BIG difference in a fight.

Anthony+Johnson+Head+Kicks+Phil+Davis+UFC+172.gif

gus-1.gif

WhirlwindIdolizedAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_540.gifv

Last edited:
Back