Jon Jones/GSP/ Khabib the numbers tell who is GOAT

If we were doing a Harvard study, it would be relevant to Mention that Gsp vs Menjivar which went down as a tko for Gsp should really be a no contest. I see no point in leaving stones unturned in this debate. Especially since it's 1 out of 28 total fights for Gsp

If we were doing a Harvard study, it would be relevant to Mention that Gsp vs Menjivar which went down as a tko for Gsp should really be a no contest. I see no point in leaving stones unturned in this debate. Especially since it's 1 out of 28 total fights for Gsp

Let's not forget Greasegate :D

It's Jones unless you DQ him for roids, then it's GSP.

Khabib doesn't even belong in that discussion.

Jones' 14th fight: dominated and TKOd Shogun Rua for the LHW title.

GSP's 14th fight: TKOd Matt Hughes for the WW title

Khabib's 14th fight: submitted THE legendary 0-0 Vadim Sandulitsky
That's why GSP and Jones have the these numbers of title defenses.

They didn't work nearly as hard as Khabib to get the belt.

Khabib got the UFC belt after a 26 win streak.

If he had got it at his 14th MMA fight, he'd have 15 title defenses. Let's be real, there was, and is, no one in the LW division who would've given him trouble to do that.

those numbers dont tell the story completely.

light weight is a shark tank.......has never been ruled for a long time. each fighter can beat the other. the losses on a light weights record 'iz normal'

that's how impressive the ZERO losses on khabibs record are. lightweight is by far the deepest divisionin mma and has been for a while

Yea ok it was hyperbole there. I could have articulated my point better.

Ahhhh so now it's just "Hyperbole" after you actually bother to look and see if what you were saying is true because you didn't actually know that, you're just parroting Conor Mcgregor tweets...

Can you please explain your obsession over this "padded record" theory? What point are you trying to make? Once he got to the UFC he dominated everyone including 3 World Champions before retiring.
Who throughout the sports history is a better Lightweight than Khabib? No one. Now run along and watch your 7 year old Conor highlights.

Matt Hughes accounts for 135 of those 494 wins tagged to GSP. That's 27.33% of ALL of GSP's opponents' wins by just one guy.

359 wins without Hughes beefin up that stat.

Shit's weak.
It really isn't though.... you fight who you're supposed to fight when you get to the ufc because they're the best. 2 wins over Matt Hughes is a big deal.

If he had got it at his 14th MMA fight, he'd have 15 title defenses. Let's be real, there was, and is, no one in the LW division who would've given him trouble to do that.

I recognise it's a different time today and people generally work harder for a title shot, but in this instance Khabib really didn't.

Jones: 7 wins in less than 3 years. 0 pull-outs.
GSP: 7 wins in less than 3 years. 1 pull-out. UCC champion.
Khabib: 9 wins in almost 6 years. 4 pull-outs.

GSP had 2 "UFC" wins, but this was when the UFC weren't the "A-league" so it's disingenuous to use that against him. This is a common argument and it's so dumb.

Khabib's first 16 wins are irrelevant. If he had gotten a title shot and fought elite competition earlier, before joining AKA, he would've been beaten. If he had fought consistently as champion and didn't retire, someone would've beaten him eventually, that's just how it goes.

Last edited:

You think the guy that arguably lost fight 18 to Gleison Tibau was beating Bj Penn in fight 14?

You're nuts.

You think the guy that arguably lost fight 18 to Gleison Tibau was beating Bj Penn in fight 14?

You're nuts.

That Khabib vs. a smaller guy with questionable cardio? He would have beaten him with ease.

Ahhhh so now it's just "Hyperbole" after you actually bother to look and see if what you were saying is true because you didn't actually know that, you're just parroting Conor Mcgregor tweets...

Can you please explain your obsession over this "padded record" theory? What point are you trying to make? Once he got to the UFC he dominated everyone including 3 World Champions before retiring.
Who throughout the sports history is a better Lightweight than Khabib? No one. Now run along and watch your 7 year old Conor highlights.

If you go check my posts you'll see that I dislike Conor immensely. And i'm actually a fan of Khabib.

But here's the thing you need to look at context. If you asked me whether Khabib would beat GSP if they fought at 165, I'll say he has a good chance.

On the other hand stats don't lie. I don't see how you can consider someone who fought absolute cans for more than half their careers be considered GOAT. GSP, Jones, Silva and Mighty Mouse have more title defences than Khabib had faced ranked opponents.

There is a difference between being a fan and being a nut hugger. And if you 100% don't think Khabib's record is being padded in any way, you are going into the latter category.

You're nuts.
Tibau was juiced to the gills and looked like a huge MW that night, he would've murked GSP 10 times harder than Hendricks

Show me a picture with Khabib looking like this

GSP-Bruised.jpg

Khabib's first 16 wins are irrelevant..
I'm just gonna leave this here:
Media - Khabib Beat 4 Future World Champions Before Joining The UFC | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

That Khabib vs. a smaller guy with questionable cardio? He would have beaten him with ease.
No he wouldn't.... he couldn't do shit to a far inferior gleison tibau when he had more fights. Penn was just as hard to take down as Tibau.

Penn would have made him cry with ease

Tibau was juiced to the gills and looked like a huge MW that night, he would've murked GSP 10 times harder than Hendricks

Show me a picture with Khabib looking like this

View attachment 871518

I'm just gonna leave this here:
Media - Khabib Beat 4 Future World Champions Before Joining The UFC | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion
None of what you said is relevant to what I said..... lol

Tibau would have been molested by GSP.. lol stop.

Hendricks would have put khabib in a coma in 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back