Jon Jones/GSP/ Khabib the numbers tell who is GOAT

None of what you said is relevant to what I said..... lol

Tibau would have been molested by GSP.. lol stop.

Hendricks would have put khabib in a coma in 2013.
Damn, dude, you always bring the jokes <{MingNope}>

Thanks for making Sherdog fun

Damn, dude, you always bring the jokes <{MingNope}>

Thanks for making Sherdog fun
I do eh?? I'm good at telling it like it is.... some get mad... some play it off as they find it funny.

Either way, it's all good....
<45><45>

Tibau was juiced to the gills and looked like a huge MW that night, he would've murked GSP 10 times harder than Hendricks

Show me a picture with Khabib looking like this

View attachment 871518

How is GSP vs Hendricks relevant to this topic? When did I mention Tibau? Are you on auto-pilot or something. Edit: just realised you were replying 2 comments in one.

That was GSP's THIRTEENTH title fight. Once Khabib gets 5 title wins then maybe you can start criticising GSP/Jon's 10+th title fights.

So we're giving credit to Conor for beating 20 year old Max then? They had losing records when he fought them, so they were irrelevant to whether he deserved a UFC title shot.

How is GSP vs Hendricks relevant to this topic? When did I mention Tibau? Are you on auto-pilot or something.

That was GSP's THIRTEENTH title fight. Once Khabib gets 5 title wins then maybe you can start criticising GSP/Jon's 10+th title fights.

So we're giving credit to Conor for beating 20 year old Max then? They had losing records when he fought them, so they were irrelevant to whether he deserved a UFC title shot.
Are you blind? The first part of my post is not addressing you whatsoever. Chinarice brought up Tibau.

And no they didn't have losing records when Khabib fought them, no need to make stuff up just to make Khabib look bad.
And yes they should be relevant when looking back at a career, I do give Conor credit for the Max win. You don't like me bringing it up because it goes against the narrative of "he fought only cans" that you're trying to build.

Question: Which is more impressive: Dominating Prime RDA? Or defending the title against Dan Hardy? Having the phrase "title defense" doesn't automatically makes a win better than a non-title defense win.

The reality is the quality of opponents Khabib faced trumps that of GSP

Fedor got knocked out by a 40 something year old middleweight

got his ass kicked in most of his wins in pride by amateur one dimensional fighters who couldn’t defend armbars

padded record Japanese cans

once he fought real competition he tapped and got KOd repeatedly

Brett fucking Rogers almost decapitated him, a gay Sam’s club tire salesmen and sexual predator

and Matt Mitrione KOd him

GOAT discussion not possible

his legacy is built on beating Cro Cop and Nogueira

his team prevented him from fighting big name guys like Overeem or from having him come to the UFC. Like the UFC should have partnered with M1 to bring over a potbelly like Fedor just for him to get KOd by the likes of Brandon Vera
Undefeated for 10 years and you're not impressed. Lmfao

do you know that khabib is the most dominant fighter of all time ? if you dont know now you know lmao

A clueless metric used by clueless people with a clear agenda such as @Beastos

If we were to go for it, beating Renan Barao(32-1) at his peak is better than beating peak Khabib (29-0)

A better approach would be to take into account more variables and apply a ranking algorithm such as PageRank to the whole graph data structure

Something like this, although the author himself acknowledge its shortcomings(not taking into account a fighters prime)

https://towardsdatascience.com/ranking-the-best-ufc-fighters-using-pagerank-and-neo4j-5385805b4515

I can't say I expected a rigorous analysis from GSP fanboys (most biased fanbase in the sport)

This is interesting. The longer time goes by, the more you fellow sherbros forget who GSP was and what he did...
combined record from opponents
View attachment 871495
Numbers are meaningless without proper context.

But I do agree that people forget....
then again, those who do not (forget) tend to make its importance bigger than it was...

This is true for any sport or anyone.

I'm really not sure where to put Khabib in the P4P rankings, the highest I can see him at is probably #5. It sounds nuts to have someone with only 3 high level wins in the top 10 P4P Goats.

On the other hand stats don't lie. I don't see how you can consider someone who fought absolute cans for more than half their careers be considered GOAT. GSP, Jones, Silva and Mighty Mouse have more title defences than Khabib had faced ranked opponents.

There is a difference between being a fan and being a nut hugger. And if you 100% don't think Khabib's record is being padded in any way, you are going into the latter category.

I don't think you understand what a "Padded Record" is. Michael Venom Page has a padded record because his best win is an ancient Paul Daley. Deontay Wilder has a padded record because his best win is an ancient Luis Ortiz.
Khabib isn't padded because he has dominant wins over 3 World Champions. He hasn't avoided top level competition his whole career like the above mentioned.

As a hater, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel by pointing out the 6 times Khabib fought someone with a negative record at the start of his career. Everyone has to start somewhere and you'll find that other fighters you idolise fought similar competition at the start of their careers yet you don't constantly harp on about that?

Again, what is your point in obsessing over this? You can't name a better Lightweight. I get it, you're absolutely distraught that Conor broke his leg but it's time to move on...

This alone is a too context-less metric and that's coming from someone who used it to argue in the past a lot.

A prime Dustin Poirier, prime RDA, prime Conor and prime Gaethje are better fighters than anyone (minus maybe Cormier) on Jones' resume and that's not even considering that Jones only has a decision win over DC.

Matt Hughes accounts for 135 of those 494 wins tagged to GSP. That's 27.33% of ALL of GSP's opponents' wins by just one guy.

359 wins without Hughes beefin up that stat.

Shit's weak.
And then you have BJ Penn accounting for like, 45 of those losses.
71-45= 26

It just means beating Matt Hughes is a much bigger deal than beating Tibau.

No, it means that fighting a man with 45 wins 3 times in your career is going to boost the shit out of your opponents' cumulative wins. Followed by delusional fan boys who cling onto this stat as if it has some undying significance in the overall scheme of "GOAT", and somehow negates accomlishments, win streaks, and finishes from superior fighters/GOAT candidates.

It really isn't though.... you fight who you're supposed to fight when you get to the ufc because they're the best. 2 wins over Matt Hughes is a big deal.

Shit's weak to use it as some sort of proof or evidence, or to exaggerate GSP's resume, as his fanboys so diligently do. Over 27% of his entire resume's wins are from ONE GUY. Hughes single handedly gives GSP a boost in SoS like no other single person on any other GOAT candidate's resume. Even more since they fought three times.

Those same fanboys always fail to acknowledge or comment on 1/3rd of GSP's entire career being against only 4 people - and two of those guys are naturally at least one weight class lower. Shit's weak, sahn.

No, it means that fighting a man with 45 wins 3 times in your career is going to boost the shit out of your opponents' cumulative wins. Followed by delusional fan boys who cling onto this stat as if it has some undying significance in the overall scheme of "GOAT", and somehow negates accomlishments, win streaks, and finishes from superior fighters/GOAT candidates.

Shit's weak to use it as some sort of proof or evidence, or to exaggerate GSP's resume, as his fanboys so diligently do. Over 27% of his entire resume's wins are from ONE GUY. Hughes single handedly gives GSP a boost in SoS like no other single person on any other GOAT candidate's resume. Even more since they fought three times.

Those same fanboys always fail to acknowledge or comment on 1/3rd of GSP's entire career being against only 4 people - and two of those guys are naturally at least one weight class lower. Shit's weak, sahn.
Too funny..

Hey people, wins don't count unless they suit your narrative... lol my goodness, I think I've heard it all here.

Your post is so full of ignorance but whatever buddy, you do you.

If we used your logic, every fighter sucks or is overrated.

Why do so many people overlook the fact that GSP, since the loss to Serra, was a lay n pray point whore who was afraid of engaging with his opponent?

Too funny..

Hey people, wins don't count unless they suit your narrative... lol my goodness, I think I've heard it all here.

Your post is so full of ignorance but whatever buddy, you do you.

If we used your logic, every fighter sucks.

So....what you're saying is that you have no argument against it? Immediately defaulting to ad-hominem while staying off-topic just shows you have no rebuttal.

I never said the wins don't count, but you have to take facts and context into consideration when analyzing statistical data. If he fought Hughes ten times, he would have 450 wins just from Hughes. GOAT, amirite?!? This is called an outlier. Outliers of this magnitude are typically omitted from statistical data because it misrepresents reality.

I noticed you failed to acknowledge or comment on GSP spending over 32% of his career fighting the same 4 guys. Weird, huh? Did I not predict that? Is normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back