Jon Jones explains decision to delay UFC title fight against Glover Teixeira

Andretti

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It was just a little too close. I felt like I was rushing a bit, and I talked to my team and everyone suggested I hold off for another month and a half. That last fight was a lot. So, I think the time is appropriate. I'm a young guy, and I don't think it's really necessary to rush anything

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/14/4837006/jon-jones-explains-decision-delay-ufc-title-fight-glover-teixeira-super-bowl-mma

So, UFC Sweden III will probably happen in April as the two previously events?

in B4 ducking!

The dude wants a break after that war, chill out no big deal. He earned it.

I was honestly surprised when I first heard the announcement of their fight. Jon Jones got his ass tore up in his last fight, and I can't blame him for wanting to take some time off to heal. That was a grueling and abusive fight.

I was honestly surprised when I first heard the announcement of their fight. Jon Jones got his ass tore up in his last fight, and I can't blame him for wanting to take some time off to heal. That was a grueling and abusive fight.

Agreed.

I was shocked also, was way too soon. Was not upset at all it got delayed a bit, made sense. Hope they are both 100% come fight time.

Not mad. Dude was in a stretcher after that classic. My fear for both of these guys is looking worse after such a war a la Shogun after the Jones fight. I'd hope both of them take a little longer off rather than rush it.

in B4 ducking!

The dude wants a break after that war, chill out no big deal. He earned it.

images

Yeah, imo/ anyone who wants to criticize him for this is someone who's never been in a fight or is just a major hater (coming from a guy who isn't crazy about Jon).

He earned it imo too. After that fight I would need a year off.

He's been the most active UFC champion by far. If anyone has earned a break recently, it's him.

Yeah Jones had to dig deep in that one. Let him heal up and rest, it was the hardest fight of his career.

Well after that beatdown at the hands of Gus I wouldn't blame Jones for wanting to take a year off to recover

Wow...serious lack of JBJ hate in here...that war with Gus was the best thing could've happened to JBJ. He has earned more respect in that fight than all the one sides beat downs he put on prior.

Agree, smart to allow time to heal and prepare.

After that beating he took resting isn't a bad idea.

Back