Jon Jones explains decision to delay UFC title fight against Glover Teixeira

Good call. After the freak accident, and the grueling fight against Gustafsson taking some extra time isn't a bad idea at all.

Think it was a smart move aswell after that was him and Gus' had...

Also, what's a month and change away? Nae much

i would want some rest after that fight. you never know he may feel froggy and decide to do the rematch with gus in sweden that will be some shit huh

Just want to throw out that this is probably the 1st Jon Jones thread that has reached a 3rd page without the posters giving him shit in some sort of way.

Must be because everyone is too tired to bitch from all the turkey they ate!

*EDIT*

And the very next douchebag poster had to arrive and ruin everything. Hey Naughtyboy, go fuck yourself and eat some turkey

So cocky. Notice how just can't help but brag about having a team and being young. So. Much. ****.

Zero qualms. I'd want a little bit of a break too if the mauler ruined my special night.

Just want to throw out that this is probably the 1st Jon Jones thread that has reached a 3rd page without the posters giving him shit in some sort of way.

Must be because everyone is too tired to bitch from all the turkey they ate!

*EDIT*

And the very next douchebag poster had to arrive and ruin everything. Hey Naughtyboy, go fuck yourself and eat some turkey
Yeah, frankly I'm surprised some bleedtard hasn't come in yet to badmouth him despite the fact that he's won his belt and then defended it 6x in 28 months for a total of 7 fights in that span, and has fought a total of 13 times since January of 2009. He nearly got his arm broke by Vitor (I'm sure he tore some ligaments/tendons and ruptured the articular capsule in that submission attempt) while also breaking/dislocating a toe against Chael. By comparison:

Cain= Fought 5x counting his initial earning of the strap in October 2010 over a year before Jones won his belt.
JDS= Fought 4x since Jones won his belt.
Silva= Fought 3x since Jones won his belt.
Weidman= Fought 6x since Jones won his belt (zero belt defenses).
GSP= Fought 3x since Jones won his belt.
Pettis= Fought 5x since Jones won his belt (zero belt defenses).
Aldo= Fought 5x since Jones won his belt.
Cruz= Fought 2x since Jones won his belt.
Barao= Fought 6x since Jones won his belt (1 official interim defense).
Mighty Mo= Fought 7x since Jones won his belt.

Only Johnson is as active, and he's a 125-pounder. Can't wait to see some herpaderps criticize Bones for inactivity.

Wow...serious lack of JBJ hate in here...that war with Gus was the best thing could've happened to JBJ. He has earned more respect in that fight than all the one sides beat downs he put on prior.

Agree, smart to allow time to heal and prepare.
Yeah props to him he deserves respect for that war.

I was surprise he took the fight against Glover that quickly, so don't look strange to the delay.
It's a good decision, he had to be well prepared for this fight. But also Glover ca prepare himself better, so maybe it's even better for the fight, so we get a good show.

Truth. :icon_lol: Glover and Gus were thinking he better not fight Perosh next before I get a crack at him.

As someone who was going to go to UFC 169 just to see Jones I'm pissed. At least I hadn't bought them yet. Ultimately the reason people are upset is because prolonging the Glover fight prolongs the fight they really want to see even longer.

Sounds like a wise decision.
I hope Gus also takes some time off. Both guys deserves it.
They are young and they have several fighting years in front of them and they should last.
There is nothing worse than when we see our favorite fighters cancel fights because of old nagging injuries. So lets hope these guys has the possibility to rest up and fight again another day.

I don't blame him at all...I only recently found out about JDS suffering from rhabdo after the Cain fight, that's pretty damn scary to suffer that from a fight

Back