Jon Jones explains decision to delay UFC title fight against Glover Teixeira

Wise choice, Remember Donald Cerrone? Way overfought in 2011.

never liked jones but he's right. he was in a war and he deserves a rest.

He needs some time to heal up after his losing to Gus.

He just discovered he doesn't like getting beat up, and now he is timid to fight. lol

I kid, of course.

Or do I?!!

I don't blame him that fight was brutal.

images

Cute cat! :icon_chee

in B4 ducking!

The dude wants a break after that war, chill out no big deal. He earned it.

he can do whatever he wants

I was honestly surprised when I first heard the announcement of their fight. Jon Jones got his ass tore up in his last fight, and I can't blame him for wanting to take some time off to heal. That was a grueling and abusive fight.

He needs time to heal.

I was shocked also, was way too soon. Was not upset at all it got delayed a bit, made sense. Hope they are both 100% come fight time.

WTF am i reading?All these positive responses in a JJ thread.
All the hate is being temporarily directed towards Palhares i suppose.

WTF am i reading?All these positive responses in a JJ thread.
All the hate is being temporarily directed towards Palhares i suppose.

It's because this time he's not comparing himself with Muhammad Alia or some other stupid shit.

Also, these days fighting twice a year is standard issue for UFC champions.

Glover isn't going to be happy about this,

& rite fully so.

Honestly, he shouldn't have to explain it, and this thread is a good indication why.

Well done.

If he needs all this time off why was he then in such a hurry to get this fight with Glover set up in the first place? He litterally went to Dana just a day or two after the Gustafsson fight and insisted on fighting Glover next. Even though Dana had just said at the post fight conference that

A) they will surely consider an immediate rematch with Gus
B) there's gonna be WEEKS before either fighter even want to talk about fighting again

I'm going to go against the grain here....

Not really, the guy held it together in a fight that most guys would have lost.

Good decision by Team Jones, lick the wounds and more importantly get the confidence back before stepping in the cage again.

Bittersweet for me. I live in NJ and would have loved to see the fight live but Jones deserves time off after the grueling fight he just had.

Jones has been pretty active in his career.

Everyone wants to see him back sooner than later, but he can do what he wants.

I always thought it was a bit quick to make him fight in Feb. There were a lot of people saying the same thing.

I mean it was really unrealistic to expect Jones to show up to defend his title in Feb after being hospitalized late September.

He himself stated that he's not going to take another fight till he fully heals (after rumors came in that he was only at 70% on fight night).

So this doesn't surprise me at all.

You can't really blame him, dude took a licking against Gus, ended up on a freaking stretcher. He's also been a very active champion, so we can't really criticise him for this.
I do however selfishly want to see the Gus rematch ASAP, I'd watch those fight every saturday if I could.

Back