Jon Jones admitting he might duck Israel Adesanya like he did Francis Ngannou

no man tells him what to do ? that cop sure told him and I remember him doing lol

Is it just me or is Izzy waiting for the right time where he gets the crowd in the arena back?

Because Jones twitter posts aside, that's a very good reason as to why Izzy wants to delay that fight a bit since that fight between Izzy and Jones is basically a superfight...

and these fights are worth having the crowd for.
Fuck the crowd ....

Jones isn't a red panty night as a solo act. The only PPVs that sold really well were the DC fights, and even those didn't even crack 1 million. Jones needs Izzy in order to have that blockbuster superfight. Even against Stipe I doubt he sells 1M.

Israel ducked Jon at light heavyweight this is indisputable fact
I thought he said he was too fresh in the game and would fight him in a year or somethin? Seems like he's getting close to the deadline. Jones is very different than any fighter he's fought though. I feel like Jones should be able to wrestle him but he tends to not use his wrestling.

Jones I suspect really doesnt have confidence in himself much anymore and will avoid fighting big names for as long as he can.

Why do ppl even care about this crap? Ppl love to make mma into WWE

Jon is currently power lifting and adding weight for a HW move and Izzy wants to fight him at 205 now.

Where was Izzy when last year Jon said he'd fight him. Izzy's response was talking about his "2 year plan".

Last edited:
This is no ducking. Jon is just trying to be the alpha as usual. Nothing different to see here.

Jon's like a kid going "I'm not gonna do what you tell me, I'm gonna do it slightly different mehhhhhhhh"

Meh.

weak “ducking” accusations all around here.

I swear some of you want MMA to be a soap opera so fucking bad.

I don’t see them fighting in a non-title fight, it just doesn’t make sense.

-Izzy is scheduled to fight for Jon’s old belt.
- Jon will probably get a shot at winner of Stipe vs Ngannou II, unless either of them gets injured in which case I assume Jon will be offered to step in for either real or interim HW title.

assuming Jon and Izzy win their fights then we could see a true super fight with a Champ Champ vs GOAT Champ and that will be worth the wait.

It could happen late 2021, early 2022. Roughly 12-15 months from now, considering approximately 6 months spacing between title fights.

Hopefully Stipe gets his ass back in the cage soon and doesn’t hold up HW/Francis any longer as it is pretty ridiculous that he has now fought the same guy three fucking times in a row and a year between each fight.
Have to give props when props are due. Accurate as fuck and not emotional, which is rare on Sherdog. You are also a Jeff, which automatically makes you cool!

Jones is smart. He knows if he delays the Izzy fight then Izzy loses to KHAMZAT and Jones no longer needs to worry about fighting him

<TheWire1>

With Jones bulking up for heavyweight is izzy wants to fight bones we will need to do it at heavyweight.

Jones trip to heavyweight is one way if his going to be successful.

nothing jon is doing show he moving up

Is it just me or is Izzy waiting for the right time where he gets the crowd in the arena back?

Because Jones twitter posts aside, that's a very good reason as to why Izzy wants to delay that fight a bit since that fight between Izzy and Jones is basically a superfight...

and these fights are worth having the crowd for.

I don't think, although maybe that's part of it....

Izzy has said on numerous occasions that it would be in Jones interest to take the fight sooner rather than later bc 'im only getting better, I'm only getting bigger, I'm getting stronger'.

In one interview he actually said Jones would probably win if they fought that day(think it was around Romero-Whittaker). Said Jones wouldn't stand with him bc he knows he'd get lit up, but that Jones would probably be able to out wrestle him and win that way. However, he said he won't be able to do that for long because he's getting better, bigger, and stronger. Went on to say the longer they wait, the better for him.

Jones can't duck anyone. He's the top of the food chain.

If he doesn't fight Jan or at HW then he's ducking. You can't duck a MW if you're the LHW champion...let alone the greatest LHW champion of all time

Are you kidding me? Jon has been around at the highest level for like 10 years.
We're not talking about skill level. We're talking about draw level. Izzy is the bigger star. He has the momentum. That's like arguing Jon jones is a bigger star than conor because he's been around at the highest level for more than ten years. That shit doesn't matter. Draw power is not about skill level.

Back