Jon Jones admitting he might duck Israel Adesanya like he did Francis Ngannou

Meh.

weak “ducking” accusations all around here.

I swear some of you want MMA to be a soap opera so fucking bad.

I don’t see them fighting in a non-title fight, it just doesn’t make sense.

-Izzy is scheduled to fight for Jon’s old belt.
- Jon will probably get a shot at winner of Stipe vs Ngannou II, unless either of them gets injured in which case I assume Jon will be offered to step in for either real or interim HW title.

assuming Jon and Izzy win their fights then we could see a true super fight with a Champ Champ vs GOAT Champ and that will be worth the wait.

It could happen late 2021, early 2022. Roughly 12-15 months from now, considering approximately 6 months spacing between title fights.

Hopefully Stipe gets his ass back in the cage soon and doesn’t hold up HW/Francis any longer as it is pretty ridiculous that he has now fought the same guy three fucking times in a row and a year between each fight.

Is it just me or is Izzy waiting for the right time where he gets the crowd in the arena back?

Because Jones twitter posts aside, that's a very good reason as to why Izzy wants to delay that fight a bit since that fight between Izzy and Jones is basically a superfight...

and these fights are worth having the crowd for.

Why can't another fighter coin a different phrase for a lucrative fight? You'd think in the ultra competitive landscape that is mma that everybody wouldn't keep using Conor's red panty reference.

As an aside, it seems Conor's lasting contributions to the fight game are in the realm of linguistics: "champ, champ", "red panty night", "who tha fook is dat guy?", "you'll do nuttin'", "stuck in the mud" and "he's a harmless little man" have all entered mma vernacular.

Isn’t this the same thing Izzy and izzys management said about jones “that he did not deserve to fight izzy” when he was trolling jones. Izzy himself stated that he prefers to troll jones rather than step in the ring with him.

Let’s be honest, if Izzy really wanted the fight he would have booked it or his management.

Izzy has fought twice and could conceivably fight Jan since Jones' last fight. At least he's being active while Jones continues to make sherdog threads with his tweets. Jones talked about moving to HW for like 5 years now. Just do something.

Jon is not the a-side here. If they fight it's on Izzy's terms. He's the bigger star

im all in on Izzy and am a big fan, but he is absolutely not a bigger star than Jones and the ppv sales are solid proof. It’s actually not even really disputable. so no idea if it’s just recency bias, but there’s no way Izzy has a ppv numbers of Jones vs Cormier I/II unless he fights Jones. Costa and adesanya got shit loads of hype and I don’t even think it hit 700k

Israel ducked Jon at light heavyweight this is indisputable fact
Neither of them duck the other and when did Jon duck Francis?

Izzy fighting Jon is a terrible idea for him and when Jon inevitably beats his ass because the fans pushed for it those same fans will immediately switch to the "Jon's ducking HW to beat up MWs narrative".

Shits ridiculous.

With Jones bulking up for heavyweight is izzy wants to fight bones we will need to do it at heavyweight.

Jones trip to heavyweight is one way if his going to be successful.

Back