• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jon Jones admits it was “kind of nice” to fight Gane in his HW-debut, instead of Ngannou

Who’s a stylistic harder matchup for Jon Jones?

• Total voters
I don't think we seen the same Stipe. He'd just come off the final war with DC. Was 38. It wasn't a great performance from him.

Everything he did In the first fight that was successful, he ignored in the second. DC said the same thing.

He also doesn't feel Ngannou is as special as he appears.

DC has elite power. More importantly, he has higher fight IQ. He was able to hit Jon far more than anyone else. Because he's very smart. I don't see that same intelligence in Ngannou. I think DC is one of the greatest of all time. But it wasn't enough.

To this day,I think DC was Jon's toughest Matchup. People will recognize one day how good DC actually was and is.

Ngannou isn't on their level. And I'll die on that hill.

I like Ngannou and I hope he does well. But even he said, he felt Jon would have more success at HW because they weren't as technical.

I think theres levels to it and Jon surpasses them all. People haven't realized it yet but they will

DC won 4/8 rounds they fought, imo.

Also pretty sure I said to come train at the gym, that’s not much of a mental breakdown but a way to show pussies like you that there are consequences to your words

Lol, yeah that's what you said. Your feelings got hurt on the internet and you turned into what you fundamentally are. A complete bitch. The fact you actually think anyone would waste their time going to Buttfuck, Nowhere to train with some fucking can is cute though.

Never forget who you are son. A complete ass clown that can't tell his head from his ass. Enjoy every second of it.

This poll makes total sense..

Jones has historically been his own worst enemy..

Game might have a few more skills but getting hit by Francis would be bad for anything......
I actually respect he's not being a liar about it. Francis is a risky fight for almost anyone in mma. He's gonna get his shit pushed in boxing if Fury doesn't carry him.

if jones beats stipe, he's gonna fight ngannou. guarantee it.

It's just crazy how hindsight is 20 20 in this game. Alot of people felt like ganes footwork and striking presented way bigger problems than Frank's punching power.

Man I miss Francis, they really dropped the ball letting this guy leave.
I think it's just a different type of threat!
IMHO Francis is more threatening because
1) We know Francis delivers when the stakes are high... Gane on the other hand, was gifted a pseudo-"belt"; but when he fought the real thing... he lost. Then a new chance at it (against Jon)... and again... critical failure... So Francis had that swag, so he would not be star-strucked (like Gane apparently was... which is the only explanation I have for what happened).
And while we did see Both Francis or Cyril's...."ground game" (or lack thereof), we also saw how hard it was for Stipe to take Francis down (second fight), and how hard it was to keep him there!
So if I am Jon, I would pick the "much-easier-to-take-down" Gane over the "hits much harder" Ngannou, right?
And you add the fact that I never thought that Gane would be very comfortable kicking Jon (which is his biggest weapons IMO), because of fear that Jon will take him down.So I thought, it would be a striking affair for Gane, always low, mindful of takedowns, but also good defense against Jon's oblique kick to the knee...
With that in mind, I completely agree with his logic! ... at least he admits it!

Jones has never fought someone with franks ko power lol

stop the nonsense

the audacity to compare rampage to fucking Francis is crazy
That was said about Shogun and Rampage and DC

He also never faced anyone with Chael's aggressiveness
Nor faced anyones with Lyoto's speed
Nor faced anyone with Gane's size and athleticism

upload_2023-9-3_18-58-40.png

that shit ALLWAYS gets rewritten

That was said about Shogun and Rampage and DC

He also never faced anyone with Chael's aggressiveness
Nor faced anyones with Lyoto's speed
Nor faced anyone with Gane's size and athleticism

View attachment 999587

that shit ALLWAYS gets rewritten

I don't give a shit about that. The fact remains that Frank is the strongest puncher in UFC history. It is a fact that he has never vsd someone with that KO power because Frank is 1 of 1 in that department.

Comparing Frank to Rampage is extremely disrespectful.

I don't give a shit about that. The fact remains that Frank is the strongest puncher in UFC history. It is a fact that he has never vsd someone with that KO power because Frank is 1 of 1 in that department.

Comparing Frank to Rampage is extremely disrespectful.
upload_2023-9-3_19-8-54.png

Are you really trying to say Rampage has more KO power than Frank? cmon man this shit is ridiculous

Even in the photo you posted you can clearly tell Francis KO's people at a much higher rate. What are you trying to do here?

If Frank is the strongest puncher in UFC history then it is a fact that Jones has never vsd anyone with his power ever since he has never vsd Frank.

Are you really trying to say Rampage has more KO power than Frank? cmon man this shit is ridiculous

Even in the photo you posted you can clearly tell Francis KO's people at a much higher rate. What are you trying to do here?

If Frank is the strongest puncher in UFC history then it is a fact that Jones has never vsd anyone with his power ever since he has never vsd Frank.
At that level, anyone who catches you has fight ending power

It's more about who can actually hit him

Frank is much less capable of Actually landing clean shots compared to many of Jones's prior opponents.

DC won 4/8 rounds they fought, imo.
DC fought an incredible fight

People just forget how well he did because of the knockout.

DC is one of the only fighters who will ever have that kind of success against Jones.

That was the modern crocop Fedor. Two absolute juggernauts and world beaters going to war.

Jones only came back once the big bad boogeyman Ngannou left the UFC so he knew he didn’t have to fight him, it’s been known.

At that level, anyone who catches you has fight ending power

It's more about who can actually hit him

Frank is much less capable of Actually landing clean shots compared to many of Jones's prior opponents.

The beauty of Frank is that he doesn't even need to hit you let alone get a clean hit. A graze from Frank is enough. His striking is also levels better right now than anyone Jon has vsd before. Frank is an extremely quick learner. He became the UFC champ after training only a few years. It took him a few months to get wrestling down pat as well. There is a reason Jon waited until he left to move up.

The fighter on the left knocks his opponents unconscious at a 53% clip.
The fighter on the right knocks his opponents unconscious at a 71% clip.

... do you understand math lol

The fighter on left has more knockouts than fighter on the right, has fights.

lol

Jones only came back once the big bad boogeyman Ngannou left the UFC so he knew he didn’t have to fight him, it’s been known.
Absolutely

Jones knew loooong ahead of time Francis would turn down the highest pay ever to fight him

I hear Jones knew Francis would quit MMA instead of taking the highest pay ever to fight him, and just waited for the negotiations to fail instead of forcing Francis to fight him. It was on facebook

Lol, yeah that's what you said. Your feelings got hurt on the internet and you turned into what you fundamentally are. A complete bitch. The fact you actually think anyone would waste their time going to Buttfuck, Nowhere to train with some fucking can is cute though.

Never forget who you are son. A complete ass clown that can't tell his head from his ass. Enjoy every second of it.
I train at StrongStyle so you had one thing right in this emotional ass feminine rant

frank is a perfect matchup for jones. the only question for me is jones’s age / reflexes, and from what i see he has enough left to make easy work of francis. people need to watch francis’s fights again—he’s painfully limited, which he compensates for by being amazingly gifted in one area (power). everyone knows this, but apparently they need to be reminded.

and yes i know jon had some close fights, and it’s also fair to say he’s a cheater. but the people he had close fights with were much more skilled than nggano. if francis had skills on that level, i’d be more comfortable picking him to “catch” jones.

He had amazing explosive speed for his size too. At least he did before the acl tear

Back