• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jon Jones admits he lied about sobriety

wUE07e-7F0mhbXS3EPuM2rmUyxFdzGqb45SwJL5-PGAs6A2cQ1v_wwEkiYP129EC-7TveyfCAjlY-BL1APSFgdK1AgdMXqq0

He was literally on Twitter talking about THC edibles a few days ago.

He is 100% not sober and likely never will be.

Hooray... I stopped caring about anything involving this clown. The moment he signs to actually fight HW I'll tune in like I used to in the hopes of a HW finally knocking this arrogant stain out. Great talent.... great resume.... impossible to be a fan for me. Biggest waste of sure fire greatness right there. Years of wasted fights and potential due to legal issues and being popped for PEDs put a giant asterisk next to everything he's ever done. It's a damn shame really.

Try counting to 60 with just 10 fingers...

He was literally on Twitter talking about THC edibles a few days ago.

He is 100% not sober and likely never will be.
I personally believe what Jon's plan is regarding drinking (and taking any other substances) is essentially :
'Now I'm going to be really careful to just do all my drinking at home, or inside a hotel or wherever, and not get caught out in public'.

I don't think for one minute he has stopped drinking. Maybe backed it off a bit to placate his partner.
It's just a matter of time before he makes another mistake and something else happens. Think about all his incidents that have been reported : there's a LOT. --- It's probably only 10% of what has actually happened.

Jones?

Lied?

I, for one, am completely shocked. Who could have seen that coming?

I wont watch any fighter who lies. Period. Its psychotic. ~ A sherdogger

60 days since what?
Since the night at Las Vegas where Jones attended a UFC HOF event and gave a speech about being so happy and appreciates it all so much, is in the best place in his life now etc.

Then went to the strip club, got drunk, went to the hotel room to get 10k more cash, beat up his wife in front of their children and got arrested outside the hotel while thinking out loud ”how many of you I could take at once” (how many cops he could beat up). He didn’t beat any cops up, though. Just his wife.

oh, and he headbutted a cop car!

<28>

So sixty days from that great night.

Jones posted that it was the Devil’s fault for what happened in Vegas with his fiancé. He also said he was 60 days sober but turns out that was impossible.

When do they give him a coin at AA?

Back