Johny Hendricks is back!

Yeah, maybe I misspoke. I wasn't trying to disparage Neil in any way with my initial comments, I'm the type of fan who tries not to get my hopes up too high, so I sometimes artificially limit what my favorite fighters can do so it doesn't end in disappointment. Probably the case here. My university has a top 10 basketball program and you'll never read one of my posts saying they'll win a championship. I won't allow myself to think it. HaHa

I wasn't trying to hate on Kelvin, I love the guy. He's awesome, too, I hope he was serious about getting his diet straight. Kelvin is really growing into a scary striker, which makes his wrestling even more dangerous. He's one of about five fighters who, if serious, could be a lot bigger name than he currently is.
I hope Kelvin gets serious about his diet too. He might just not be able to make WW healthily, but appearance wise it certainly looks like he just needs to diet better.

Not bashing on Neil, it's just that Kelvin looks more dangerous than him atm. Magny is tough, but because he doesn't stand out that much in any skill area, it can be harder to imagine him winning, or at least how he wins. He just doesn't give me a feeling that he is dangerous to the top guys. He still has plenty of time in the sport left though.

You need to chill and just enjoy what your favourite fighters accomplish <cheer>. It's way more fun to root for the dudes who aren't dominant or the best anyways. Care to name any of these five fighters?

I hope Kelvin gets serious about his diet too. He might just not be able to make WW healthily, but appearance wise it certainly looks like he just needs to diet better.

Not bashing on Neil, it's just that Kelvin looks more dangerous than him atm. Magny is tough, but because he doesn't stand out that much in any skill area, it can be harder to imagine him winning, or at least how he wins. He just doesn't give me a feeling that he is dangerous to the top guys. He still has plenty of time in the sport left though.

You need to chill and just enjoy what your favourite fighters accomplish <cheer>. It's way more fun to root for the dudes who aren't dominant or the best anyways. Care to name any of these five fighters?

1. Cyborg is probably the first and biggest. She could easily be a mutli-millionaire had she decided to keep her walking around weight at 160 lbs.

2. Kelvin is another. A young, good looking guy who grew up close to the US/Mexican border. Has close ties to family in Mexico. He needs to figure out where he wants to fight and then focus on what he needs to do to climb that division. All of this weight stuff has come close to completely derailing his career in the UFC twice. Along with Yair and Brandon Moreno, Mexican MMA is as strong as ever. Adding the Mexican community to MMA would be a big deal.

3. John Lineker is one. He's a really exciting fighter, but is constantly fighting battles at the scale. I think if he can correct this and gives himself an opportunity, he could be bigger.

Gus doesn't seem fully committed, and if he were, this would be his moment, with Jones out. There are a bunch, those are the ones who stick out to me, personally.

Hendricks already made some minor changes to his "diet" thanks to USADA and, well, we've seen the results.

Cyborg has really stuffed up her career, financially. Gus is so close to the top though, I was so frustrated at the Cormier fight. It was one of those widely renowned fights that I didn't enjoy that much. Gus could beat Cormier in the standup, but he barely pulled the trigger, which really annoyed me.Gus has that back injury so his thoughts of retiring may be back.

I've never been a fan and really started hating him after he knocked Fitch out as he became a lot more vocal , so i really hope Neil beats his arse .

I think Hendricks stock has fallen way too far. His last 2 losses were to a middleweight and to the best WW in the world. Prior to that he won 10 in a row (2 of which were considered losses but we all know they were robberies).

Hendricks with some minor changes to his diet is still a top 3 welterweight and in my opinion deserves a shot at Maia for the number 1 contender spot if he can beat Magny.
Second or third best, at best.

WAR Black Pride!

He fights on Dec 30th do we really expect him to be eating right during the holidays?

Back