Johny Hendricks is back!

Hendricks vs. Gastelum. The Battle of the Bulge.

used to be a hendricks fan

after he beat GSP he began to use only 70% of his power, he said it himself

just bleed god dissaproves

he´ll be back when he returns to .............................. his former self?

no.
when he returns to diet

I think Hendricks stock has fallen way too far. His last 2 losses were to a middleweight and to the best WW in the world. Prior to that he won 10 in a row (2 of which were considered losses but we all know they were robberies).

Hendricks with some minor changes to his diet is still a top 3 welterweight and in my opinion deserves a shot at Maia for the number 1 contender spot if he can beat Magny.
It seemed like when he fought WB he was on it. He had a proper diet, was doing some good strength training and weighed in properly the first time. After that loss to WB he fell down. Last fight before this upcoming he admitted he didn't care. Which is annoying as a fan of his. If he doesn't even weigh in at the right weight for this fight I've lost hope.

I always got the sense that his striking wasn't threatening enough to alot of fighters. I was suprised at how he outgrappled Gastelum, but I think that Gastelum would beat him handily in a rematch. He just has much more developed mma skills. I've never really been a fan, but he still has a decent legacy even if he never makes it to the top.

Well, slow down a little bit, Kelvin looked good, and also looked fresh, because he didn't have to make that awful weight cut. Not sure he has the same bounce, if he makes weight for that fight. And Larkin is the only one who's beaten Neil, handily, Maia actually had to work to beat him in the third round.

Neil's no joke, he deserves to be ranked in the top 10 right now, but if he loses to Johny, that would drop him down to the 12-16 spot in the rankings, which is in the area of the pool of fighters from which Jouban needs to choose. If Neil wins, that puts him right back in a position to be two or three fights away again, with those two or three fights coming against guys like Maia, Wonderboy, Condit and the rest. He's in a division with freaking killers, squish. Get that man some diet pills and let him drop a division.

Kinda cool we get to see Hendricks on the prelims, but oh how the mighty have fallen. That being said, I'm actually rooting for Johny. I did in the Gastelum fight, and I am again. I'm over the whole "he's butthurt at GSP" thing, and kinda wanna see a guy that has as many kids as he does succeed for that reason. Magny is no walk in the park, but I think Big Rig can get it done. It'd be a cool comeback if he wins.

that the steroid gut. when you stop taking them you get a gut that looks almost like a beer belly

Hendricks is no good fam, never was.

1 dimensional wrestleboxer with a power left. KO's you immediately or lays and prays for a win. No cardio, no kicks, no footwork. One of the worst fighters to hold a UFC belt.

Gastelum is way smaller than him to call him a MW in Hendricks defense is hilarious. Mangy is going to embarrass him, he'll retire and the welterweight division will be a better place

also GSP 1,3,5

I think Hendricks stock has fallen way too far. His last 2 losses were to a middleweight and to the best WW in the world. Prior to that he won 10 in a row (2 of which were considered losses but we all know they were robberies).

Hendricks with some minor changes to his diet is still a top 3 welterweight and in my opinion deserves a shot at Maia for the number 1 contender spot if he can beat Magny.

If that's your opinion of why Hendricks is so bad now, you'll be waiting a long time. He doesn't have the passion for MMA.

Well, slow down a little bit, Kelvin looked good, and also looked fresh, because he didn't have to make that awful weight cut. Not sure he has the same bounce, if he makes weight for that fight. And Larkin is the only one who's beaten Neil, handily, Maia actually had to work to beat him in the third round.

Neil's no joke, he deserves to be ranked in the top 10 right now, but if he loses to Johny, that would drop him down to the 12-16 spot in the rankings, which is in the area of the pool of fighters from which Jouban needs to choose. If Neil wins, that puts him right back in a position to be two or three fights away again, with those two or three fights coming against guys like Maia, Wonderboy, Condit and the rest. He's in a division with freaking killers, squish. Get that man some diet pills and let him drop a division.
The thing with Magny is that he is pretty good in all areas but not elite in any.

Still the guy has some really good wins like Kelvin, Lombard and Means. And more important he is really consistent. He does not lose fights he is not supposed to.

But the fact that he looked amateurish against Maia and Larkin will not help to his case.

IMO he will be a solid top 6-15 fighter for a long time. He will not crack the top 5 but it will be always there.

The thing with Magny is that he is pretty good in all areas but not elite in any.

Still the guy has some really good wins like Kelvin, Lombard and Means. And more important he is really consistent. He does not lose fights he is not supposed to.

But the fact that he looked amateurish against Maia and Larkin will not help to his case.

IMO he will be a solid top 6-15 fighter for a long time. He will not crack the top 5 but it will be always there.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being considered one of the eight to ten best welterweights in the world. There's no shame in that. Most on this planet can only dream of such an achievement.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being considered one of the eight to ten best welterweights in the world. There's no shame in that. Most on this planet can only dream of such an achievement.
Hell no... just having 15 fights in the UFC alone is a hell of a legacy.

Kelvin's striking was on point in the Hendricks fight, but I don't remember how the fight with Magny went on the feet. The main thing i remember is that he seemed to be outmuscling Kelvin. I am a big Gastelum fan though, and his last performance is still in my mind so im gonna be pretty biased :D. He should stay at mw though.

Maia submitted him in the 2nd round and it was a dominant performance, but it's not like anyone else has been doing better recently. The Larkin fight, he got hit with alot of bad body and leg shots early so he didn't get to perform to his potential.

Neil is one of the toughest fighters I have seen, surviving the Lombard beating then finishing him. You're right, WW top 10 is freaking stacked, the dudes I see him having the most chances against are Story and Hendricks, but that depends on what sort of Hendricks shows up to the fight. Hendricks and Condit are thinking of retiring though, and I wouldn't be suprised if other fighters like Thompson and Maia retire soon, or after their shots at the belt.

one of the dumbest fighters out there

he's clearly lacking some vitamins and he can't get them under USADA, that's a shame, but that's how it is. I would purposefully fight like shit (well, he doesn't have to, he just is fighting like shit regardless), be fired, go to bellator, jacked up and be the best WW out there and make some money. he can do that

Kelvin's striking was on point in the Hendricks fight, but I don't remember how the fight with Magny went on the feet. The main thing i remember is that he seemed to be outmuscling Kelvin. I am a big Gastelum fan though, and his last performance is still in my mind so im gonna be pretty biased :D. He should stay at mw though.

Maia submitted him in the 2nd round and it was a dominant performance, but it's not like anyone else has been doing better recently. The Larkin fight, he got hit with alot of bad body and leg shots early so he didn't get to perform to his potential.

Neil is one of the toughest fighters I have seen, surviving the Lombard beating then finishing him. You're right, WW top 10 is freaking stacked, the dudes I see him having the most chances against are Story and Hendricks, but that depends on what sort of Hendricks shows up to the fight. Hendricks and Condit are thinking of retiring though, and I wouldn't be suprised if other fighters like Thompson and Maia retire soon, or after their shots at the belt.

Yeah, maybe I misspoke. I wasn't trying to disparage Neil in any way with my initial comments, I'm the type of fan who tries not to get my hopes up too high, so I sometimes artificially limit what my favorite fighters can do so it doesn't end in disappointment. Probably the case here. My university has a top 10 basketball program and you'll never read one of my posts saying they'll win a championship. I won't allow myself to think it. HaHa

I wasn't trying to hate on Kelvin, I love the guy. He's awesome, too, I hope he was serious about getting his diet straight. Kelvin is really growing into a scary striker, which makes his wrestling even more dangerous. He's one of about five fighters who, if serious, could be a lot bigger name than he currently is.

He CANT control his weight and needs to be @ middleweight with Kelvin G.

He might have some great fights there.

I no longer give a fuck about Jonny @ 170

Johny Friesdricks is done. He cant resist food just like I cant resist women.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back