Johny Hendricks is back!

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think Hendricks stock has fallen way too far. His last 2 losses were to a middleweight and to the best WW in the world. Prior to that he won 10 in a row (2 of which were considered losses but we all know they were robberies).

Hendricks with some minor changes to his diet is still a top 3 welterweight and in my opinion deserves a shot at Maia for the number 1 contender spot if he can beat Magny.

They way JH looked in his last couple of fights, Maia would have a field day with him.

"minor changes to his diet" you mean switching from McDonalds to KFC?

I'd like to see Maia and Hendricks but Maia deserves better at this stage. Eg a title shot.

Eat the burger, not the bun

Future lhw contender!
johny-hendricks-looking-fat-with-sandwich.jpg

I was thinking that the winner of Hendricks/Magny would get the Perry/Jouban winner. Jouban's going to get some publicity off of this win, so it makes sense for him to test himself against someone in the back of the top 15.

Personally, I already know Neil will never challenge for the title, so I like to see him in fights like Hendricks and Jouban where he can take some known scalps. Lombard, too. Just keep him away from Maia and Larkin, please.

Yeah no, Maia would give Hendricks the pretzel treatment.

I was thinking that the winner of Hendricks/Magny would get the Perry/Jouban winner. Jouban's going to get some publicity off of this win, so it makes sense for him to test himself against someone in the back of the top 15.

Personally, I already know Neil will never challenge for the title, so I like to see him in fights like Hendricks and Jouban where he can take some known scalps. Lombard, too. Just keep him away from Maia and Larkin, please.
Why don't you think that Neil will challenge for the title? He's young and most of the dudes at the top are 30+ atm aren't they?

Why don't you think that Neil will challenge for the title? He's young and most of the dudes at the top are 30+ atm aren't they?

He hasn't improved his striking enough to give the division's elite much worry. Neil's wrestling and BJJ are adequate, but he isn't explosive enough to spam take downs and isn't powerful enough to finish those with great TDD.

He's a talented guy with a shit-ton of heart, but just isn't quite at their level, in my opinion. I hate saying that, I love Neil, he's an incredible man, but he's just not quite there. But I do know this, if he never makes it to the top, it won't be for lack of effort, that's one the hardest working guys in MMA. Who knows, maybe he finds a way, but his division is stacked.

Isn't his hair falling out like some kind of cancer patient? He's fighting again? Wow.

He hasn't improved his striking enough to give the division's elite much worry. Neil's wrestling and BJJ are adequate, but he isn't explosive enough to spam take downs and isn't powerful enough to finish those with great TDD.

He's a talented guy with a shit-ton of heart, but just isn't quite at their level, in my opinion. I hate saying that, I love Neil, he's an incredible man, but he's just not quite there. But I do know this, if he never makes it to the top, it won't be for lack of effort, that's one the hardest working guys in MMA. Who knows, maybe he finds a way, but his division is stacked.
I always got the sense that his striking wasn't threatening enough to alot of fighters. I was suprised at how he outgrappled Gastelum, but I think that Gastelum would beat him handily in a rematch. He just has much more developed mma skills. I've never really been a fan, but he still has a decent legacy even if he never makes it to the top.

Back