Johny Hendricks' Freudian slip or poor word choice?

He's been pretty consistent his whole career though it's not like he just started knocking guys dead and then USADA came along and everything changed.

That's exactly what happened though. He was a wrecking machine that took GSP the guy most people think is the GOAT to a close decision then USADA comes in and he goes to shit. I can see why people would be suspicious especially as he refused to be tested for the GSP fight.

Remember when Hendricks used to kill people dead?

just used the wrong words. he is clean unless grease & fat get banned too

I'm sure he meant resort. A while back, he was talking about his nutritionist and said she was a blessing in disguise, so I don't think he knows what words and phrases actually mean.
You're probably correct.

not sure PEDs are much good when you can't stop facefucking double cheeseburgers.

All I know for sure is that, he'll never revert to being champ again.

He most likely meant "resort" but doesn't understand the difference.

Hendricks, "If I can’t be champ without them, I’ll never revert to drugs to be champ.”

Revert means to return to a previous state, condition, or practice. If it was a Freudian slip, he left out the word 'again' after champ.

The other explanation is that he doesn't know how to use 'revert' correctly.

probably meant to say resort

I hate it when people, like Johny, say 'knowwaddamean' after the most simple of statements...

'It's mma - knowwaddamean'
'We fight - knowwaddamean'
'It is what it is - knowwaddamean'

he used only 60% of good word choices!

Johnny was a grinder in his first dozen fights. Seriously, go watch them, they are filled with wrestling and wall n stall. One day he landed a left hand and then he thought he was the greatest striker of all time.

Maybe he was juicing or maybe he just believed his own hype. We've seen it before

Hey, Laytoff Johnny, hes a great guy, not much of a fighter anymore, but a great guy

I NEVER accuse fighters of juicing unless they are popped.

But holy fuck, man.

The guy lost to the GOAT in a close fight ( Yes, TheRassler... He fucking lost. Deal with it ).

Now he's for shit. Any reasonable explanation would be acceptable here.

Love of food doesn't quite cut it.

This isn't really true though.

He arguably beat GSP but lost a clsoe one, he beat Robbie Lawler, fought him again and arguably beat him but lost a close one again, beat Matt Brown pretty handily, then got his ass beat by the guys who's quite literally beating everyone's ass, and then had a shitty fight against Kelvin.

It's not like he just took a nose dive, his fat ass just can't make weight anymore

Back