Johnny Walker - Walk Hard

Jones is Dynamic, Johnny is Dynamic, fight IQ is something different, Jones has it, not sure about Johnny...more experience needed..

Perfect example of what Im talking about ^ He got creative with his movement and left himself fundamentally exposed when he tried his push kick and got caught with the hands, again.

In the clip you provided, watch before he gets clipped. He again strayed from the fundamentals to give an interesting look, his hand are in a whacky position and he gets caught. Its not as obvious as the first clip I provided but still shows the same fundamental issues..

Again, this isn't really even the point Im making. Only point I was making was being a highly explosive creative fighter can work for you and against you. Bennett obviously being the exaggerated case, but you could even use someone like MVP vs Limas as of recent, or even Machida Shogun, in which an unorthodox MMA striker ran into a structured bread and butter disciplined striker and caught blitzed.

I still think you’re reaching. “Creative” does not equal sloppy/bad fundamentals. He dropped his hand in the video you posted and got caught. It had nothing to do with him trying to disguise the kick with the takedown fake. He was trying to bait the guy into dropping his hands to defend the takedown with the “creative” movements. If he hadn’t dropped his hand during the front kick, he wouldn’t have got caught. You kind of have to drop the hand on the same side of the kick for balance but he should have kept his left hand glued to his chin. Again, I invite you to watch the actual Corey Anderson fight so you can see what led up to the shot. That gif does a bad job because it looks like he was doing something wonky with his hands when he actually wasn’t. He was just measuring the distance. But we’re obviously not gonna come to any kind of consensus.

Back