News Johnny Walker replaces Ovince Saint Preux, faces Misha Cirkunov at UFC 235

I'm liking how active the LHW division is in the early part of this year. Everyone making moves, lining up for their shot at Bones.

Awesome! 235 just got even better. Exactly what Walker needed to do. A win here and he’s suddenly pretty close to a title shot in that weak division.
Crazy enough he could realistically get a TS by the end of the year. If he KOs Misha then he's only 2 fights from a title fight if the UFC gets behind him. Adesanya only needed 5 wins to get his current "title shot."

Crazy enough he could realistically get a TS by the end of the year. If he KOs Misha then he's only 2 fights from a title fight if the UFC gets behind him. Adesanya only needed 5 wins to get his current "title shot."

2 fights? I reckon he'd only need 1 and then it's title shot time for him.

For sure. I’d love to see him call out Corey Anderson or Santos/Blach winner IF he gets past Misha

2 fights? I reckon he'd only need 1 and then it's title shot time for him.

I think the winner of Blachowitz/Santos is realistically next in line for a title shot. Reyes (if he can beat Volkan next month) or Corey Anderson (only person ranked above him that isn't booked is Gus, and it'd be a high risk, low reward fight for the Swede, where he could potentially get wrestlefucked) are probably next after that.

Walker might need to win 2-3 and maybe knock off a vet gatekeeper (Manuwa, Glover, Shogun) just to keep himself busy and work his way up the rankings while others get their shot.

Johnny has a really weird facial structure.

Kind of looks like someone painted a face onto a potato, beard and all.

He is a savage

last-mohicans-magua.jpg

Cirkunov has balls of steel.

Who knows, maybe Smith will pull out, Walker will replace him, Jones will accept a short notice fight, and we'll have an actually somewhat interesting LHW title fight.

I think you'd be disappointed.

I think the winner of Blachowitz/Santos is realistically next in line for a title shot. Reyes (if he can beat Volkan next month) or Corey Anderson (only person ranked above him that isn't booked is Gus, and it'd be a high risk, low reward fight for the Swede, where he could potentially get wrestlefucked) are probably next after that.

Walker might need to win 2-3 and maybe knock off a vet gatekeeper (Manuwa, Glover, Shogun) just to keep himself busy and work his way up the rankings while others get their shot.
Pretty sure Reyes is getting a titleshot if he beats Volkan next month. His fight vs Jones sells itself. Big dude, undefeated, finisher... perfect opponent.

I dont think anybody would care about Santos or Blach fighting for the title. Specially if Blach wins...

Walker is young, huge, aggressive and has a personality... I would put him in a title fight before he gets derailed.

Pretty sure Reyes is getting a titleshot if he beats Volkan next month. His fight vs Jones sells itself. Big dude, undefeated, finisher... perfect opponent.

I dont think anybody would care about Santos or Blach fighting for the title. Specially if Blach wins...

Walker is young, huge, aggressive and has a personality... I would put him in a title fight before he gets derailed.

i'm on the Johnny Walker bandwagon but i agree, he has the kind of style where he could lose against someone who isn't nearly as impressive or as intriguing before getting a title shot.

Props to Walker for stepping up to the plate. Excited to see him again since his rights end quick

How many fights fighter should win then for a "title shot"? Adesanya's 5 looks perfectly fine for me: he was climbing each time and not just crashing cans. Also, Conor will get a "title shot" after beating #9 Cerrone, after losing his last fight to current champion, and not winning a fight since over 2 years....

I'm of the mind that you should beat everyone on your way up, and if you "get derailed", tough shit, you're not good enough yet.

Then again, I'm thinking of it from a more meritorious/rankings standpoint, rather than factoring in selling a fight.

i'm on the Johnny Walker bandwagon but i agree, he has the kind of style where he could lose against someone who isn't nearly as impressive or as intriguing before getting a title shot.
Yeah.. he should get the Volkan threatment... a couple of finishes and throw him there with the champ.

Worst case scenario he ends up being an exciter gatekeeper.

Who knows, maybe Smith will pull out, Walker will replace him, Jones will accept a short notice fight, and we'll have an actually somewhat interesting LHW title fight.

I'm pretty sure this will NOT happen..

You remember that one UFC doesn't exist because they canceled??

Hendo hurt his knee and Chael stepped up and Jones refused and said he doesn't wanna take the short notice fight. Yes I realize he's taken one or two short notice but I highly doubt he takes on Walker in a day's notice or whatever it would be.

He wouldn't fight a true MW that short of notice. Walker is like two inches taller than him lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back