News Johnny Walker replaces Ovince Saint Preux, faces Misha Cirkunov at UFC 235

All that Von Flue choke defense Misha was practicing was for nothing!

But seriously, good test for both guys. Misha hopefully worked on his striking defense and not rushing for the finish. Walker’s cardio and defensive grappling might also be tested.

Props on both -, Johnny walker crimson for stepping up and Misha for accepting.
I want to see.

I like Johhny but Cirkunov is a tough fight if he gets him to the ground.

I like Johhny but Cirkunov is a tough fight if he gets him to the ground.

Could go either way. Walker's size and power will probably make him the favorite but Cirk is a legit pro, he could pull off the win with his BJJ and derail the train for sure.

Good for him. He's still in fight shape, took no damage in his last fight, and stands to earn some money and fame.

If Reyes beats Volkan, Walker beats Misha, Cutelaba beats Glover, & Rockhold beats either Latifi or Corey Anderson, then 205 will be completely re-born.

That's a lot to go right, but hopefully at least 2 or 3 of the 4 happen. Plus Blachowicz/Santos winner. Get Rakic a good name like Shogun or Lil Nog.

Cirkunov has balls of steel.

Who knows, maybe Smith will pull out, Walker will replace him, Jones will accept a short notice fight, and we'll have an actually somewhat interesting LHW title fight.

Look @You all
200.gif
it's cute...

Jones call out if he wins?

<TrumpWrong1> Move... Jones, will Jones him. But the kid will make it look good until he doesn't...

Make or break for both guys really. Misha's chin will get tested and we'll see if Walker has any ground game. Contender or bust.

Very ballsy move from Johnny Walker, Misha is no one to take lightly. I respect his attitude and ambition, best of luck.

Cirkunov has balls of steel.

Who knows, maybe Smith will pull out, Walker will replace him, Jones will accept a short notice fight, and we'll have an actually somewhat interesting LHW title fight.
Lmao at Jones accepting a short notice fight. He ruined a card once because he was afraid of Chael on short notice.

I like this fight. Let’s see how versatile Mr. Walkers skill set is

OSP was short notice no?

It was three weeks but, most important, Jones didn't have the belt then. The dynamic is very different when you defend than when you try to get your belt back.

As if the UFC had to think twice about getting this guys antics on ESPN.

If Walker has a great showing, we might see Dana doing the worm.

War Johnny walker, RIP Cirkunov. If Walker wins, he should fight Reyes (after he beats Volkan) in a title eliminator. Those are the only two that have anything for Jones.

Back