Johnny Walker Calls Out Francis Ngannou (Jon Bones Stunned)

What do you make of Jones' last fight?

• Total voters
This is why I like Walker. He talks but isn't an a-hole. He wants fights, wants to fight anyone.

And he makes sense. Jones did have an off-night. And he admits he hasn't done much in the UFC. How many guys say that? "I haven't done enough". But he wants to do more, and will fight anyone, and isn't scared to fight anyone. What's not to like?

It took he him till Jones finished his fight for him to ask for a fight. Now that he sees that there is no clear opponent for Jones that rockhold lost he wants to throw his name in there. His last fight was close to 5 months ago, where has he been? Yeah no where. He just wants the UFC to hand him a title shot without earning one.

Been knocked out by tomato cans in tiny shows. Calls out the biggest and greatest knockout puncher in the sport. Great idea.

I agree with most of what you said excpet the "calls out the greatest knockout puncher in the sport", are you drunk? Not even close.

ya know

this fight is so fuckin nuts that it should happen.

Total pandemonium on all levels

It's inevitable for Walker to fight at HW one day. I doubt he will be able to continue to make 205 after he turns 30. Let's get this Jon Jones fight out of the way while we can still get it.

Something is up with jones . Literally . Wtf he only looks good beating dc. I think walker finishes him . Idk if John and wink is slipping . But wtf jon looked slow , and he’s just clinching now just bringing his arms out . It seems simple have Jones lead and u beat him . He’s just stepping back with his arms out . And taking shots .

He shouldn't have had to wrestle. Jones has outstruck every opponent he's faced. Is Santos a better fighter than prime Machida, Shogun, Gus, etc?

Come on man you know how this game works.

Ever heard the phrase “styles make fights”. Santos has more punching power than the men you mentioned.

and...

Jones still managed to outstrike Santos and win. The question was “what do you think of Jones’ lackluster performance.”

My answer, “he didn’t wrestle”.

Also, “he shouldn’t have to”?!? This is MMA.

Johnny Walker is tired of waiting. In fact, he’s so eager to return he’s picking fights at both light heavyweight and heavyweight.

The Brazilian 205-pounder impressed the MMA world with three spectacular knockouts in less than four months, stopping Khalil Rountree, Justin Ledet and Misha Cirkunov in a combined time of 2:48 before injuring his shoulder during his post-fight celebration.

Walker was targeting a return to the Octagon around September, but wants to “beat someone up” as soon as possible.

“My target is the champion, so I’ll fight whoever they put in front of me, it doesn’t matter,” Walker told MMA Fighting. “I don’t have a preference. I have to get past someone to get (to the belt), so I don’t care. Whoever they bring, it’s fine.

“I don’t want to sound cocky, but my goal is way bigger than this. People will say I’m cocky, that I’m talking about beating everyone up. Man, my goal is to be champion so I have to beat these guys up first.”

Jon Jones is Walker’s target in the light heavyweight division right now. “Bones” successfully defended his UFC belt with a split decision win over Thiago Santos at UFC 239 in Las Vegas on July 6. Walker was in attendance that night, and doesn’t think Jones performed at his best in the cage.

“I think he can do much better than that,” Walker said. “He definitely has to do more against me, otherwise I’ll knock him out in the first round.”

“I think ‘Marreta’ was a great challenge,” he continued, “But ‘Marreta’ got hurt in the first round. Jones is the champion and would obviously win if it went to the scorecards, so I think he took his foot off the gas and the fight went the way you saw.”

Walker scored the contest for Jones watching it live at the T-Mobile Arena, but, in the end, all he could think was getting inside that Octagon with him.

“I thought about jumping in there and challenging him,” Walker said with a laugh, “But there were so many cops in every corner of that Octagon.”

If Jones fights that way against Walker “he would only last one round,” the Brazilian said, “But he won’t fight that way. I know he’s capable of five rounds of action with me. It will be the best fight of the year. It’s up to him, though. I’m 100 percent ready.”

Days after his win over Santos, Jones went on social media and asked fans who should he “scrap” next. When a fan mentioned Walker’s name, Jones didn’t think it was a good idea.

“Well, he’s right,” Walker said. “I still haven’t done much (in the UFC). But there aren’t many guys who would give me a big challenge. I don’t have to beat a top 5. People talk too much crap, man. People say I don’t have jiu-jitsu, I don’t have wrestling. They say I have to fight a wrestler. The last wrestler I fought lasted five seconds. I’m ready for him and I know I’d be a big challenge. I think he’s afraid to lose to an unknown guy.”

If the Jones fight doesn’t happen any time soon — and the UFC can’t find a light heavyweight willing to share the cage with Walker —the Brazilian is open to moving up to heavyweight to test his hands against one of the most feared fighters in MMA today.

“I’d like to impress the fans by beating Francis Ngannou. He’s a machine,” Walker said. “He impressed so many people with his punching power, the way he finishes his fights. People [are] scared to fight him. I’m not scared to fight him. We have the same punching power. I did the test at the UFC Performance Institute. I was coming off a surgery and almost did the same number he did, so I have the same power or even more. I can definitely defeat him.”

-MMAFighting.com
Going after the biggest and baddest of them all. I love it!

a relative newcomer at LHW calling out perhaps the most feared puncher in the history of the sport at HW

This is one of the ballsiest callouts I've seen in a while

If gravity can break his shoulder, Francis shouldn’t have much to be concerned about
you are not very good at science are you? first lesson, the shoulder joint is a lot weaker than the skull. lesson 2, a ~230 lbs man jumping up in the air and pile driving his shoulder into the ground has a lot more force than a punch, so francis is never going to throw a punch at his shoulder with more force than the pile driver walker imposed on himself

if you are not convinced, go try it for yourself, go punch yourself in the face and then jump head first into a drained swimming pool and report back

can he go 5 rounds with Jones? I think hes got a chance. But ngannou finishes him in the 1st rd

Back