Johnny Walker Calls Out Francis Ngannou (Jon Bones Stunned)

What do you make of Jones' last fight?

• Total voters
Sounds a lot like Brandon Vera just after Vera beat Mir and was still undeated. Vera said he would beat everyone at LHW then move up to HW and beat everyone there. We all know what happened there. I am a Walker fan and hope it doesn't happen but the reality is that he will likely get KTFO soon.

Not the best example bro, Vera is currently the ONE Heavyweight world champion lol

Not the best example bro, Vera is currently the ONE Heavyweight world champion lol
Its a great example because he went on to be crushed by anyone significant in the UFC. I dont give a shit about his minor league wins.

Ngannou would sleep Walker with a jab

Hello captain obvious.

Same goes with Jon, Miocic, DC.

hello captain obvioushello captain obvioushello captain obvioushello captain obvious

Its a great example because he went on to be crushed by anyone significant in the UFC. I dont give a shit about his minor league wins.

I wouldn't call ONE fc minor league.. Mighty Mouse was supposedly the pound for pound best and his first fight in 1 he was getting tagged and had a real tough fight and one of his toughest fights lol

JW is just out there, acting confident but not offending anyone (and being real about not being a big name yet), calling out people and showing that he wants to be king. Plus, the dude comes to fight, win or lose.
How can anyone hate that?

Even if he loses, you can't blame the guy for trying to gather some interest.

The most overrated guy in the UFC. Sherdogs next great hope to beat Jones is a twink with a lisp. Please fight Francis. PLEASE
LOL
dude is coming of great wins, and haters are all ready to bash him for having balls to challenge Jon (and Ngannou).
Instead of being happy someone is trying to get good fights (instead of beatable opponents)....

sigh...
haters are ALWAYS stupid as fuck....

...then again, if they had any brains, they wouldn't be such haters...

Lol at all the criticisms of Walker for calling out Ngannou. Yea maybe he loses but at least he has the balls to call him out unlike Jones. Jones wont even fight a guy at HW who he's beat twice.
Why would a champ call out a fighter hes beaten twice?
LOL!
For what?

Walker reminds me of godzilla. They both have the same neck and shoulders with crazy eyes.

Johnny-Walker.png
e2c.gif

Johnny needs to trim that beard down btw. Looks like a generic south american Metallica fan

Big confidence, I want to see how he is if the fight is not going his way though

Walker is a great character and a very exciting fighter. He is doing everything right to reach the top.

Johnny Walker is tired of waiting. In fact, he’s so eager to return he’s picking fights at both light heavyweight and heavyweight.

The Brazilian 205-pounder impressed the MMA world with three spectacular knockouts in less than four months, stopping Khalil Rountree, Justin Ledet and Misha Cirkunov in a combined time of 2:48 before injuring his shoulder during his post-fight celebration.

Walker was targeting a return to the Octagon around September, but wants to “beat someone up” as soon as possible.

“My target is the champion, so I’ll fight whoever they put in front of me, it doesn’t matter,” Walker told MMA Fighting. “I don’t have a preference. I have to get past someone to get (to the belt), so I don’t care. Whoever they bring, it’s fine.

“I don’t want to sound cocky, but my goal is way bigger than this. People will say I’m cocky, that I’m talking about beating everyone up. Man, my goal is to be champion so I have to beat these guys up first.”

Jon Jones is Walker’s target in the light heavyweight division right now. “Bones” successfully defended his UFC belt with a split decision win over Thiago Santos at UFC 239 in Las Vegas on July 6. Walker was in attendance that night, and doesn’t think Jones performed at his best in the cage.

“I think he can do much better than that,” Walker said. “He definitely has to do more against me, otherwise I’ll knock him out in the first round.”

“I think ‘Marreta’ was a great challenge,” he continued, “But ‘Marreta’ got hurt in the first round. Jones is the champion and would obviously win if it went to the scorecards, so I think he took his foot off the gas and the fight went the way you saw.”

Walker scored the contest for Jones watching it live at the T-Mobile Arena, but, in the end, all he could think was getting inside that Octagon with him.

“I thought about jumping in there and challenging him,” Walker said with a laugh, “But there were so many cops in every corner of that Octagon.”

If Jones fights that way against Walker “he would only last one round,” the Brazilian said, “But he won’t fight that way. I know he’s capable of five rounds of action with me. It will be the best fight of the year. It’s up to him, though. I’m 100 percent ready.”

Days after his win over Santos, Jones went on social media and asked fans who should he “scrap” next. When a fan mentioned Walker’s name, Jones didn’t think it was a good idea.

“Well, he’s right,” Walker said. “I still haven’t done much (in the UFC). But there aren’t many guys who would give me a big challenge. I don’t have to beat a top 5. People talk too much crap, man. People say I don’t have jiu-jitsu, I don’t have wrestling. They say I have to fight a wrestler. The last wrestler I fought lasted five seconds. I’m ready for him and I know I’d be a big challenge. I think he’s afraid to lose to an unknown guy.”

If the Jones fight doesn’t happen any time soon — and the UFC can’t find a light heavyweight willing to share the cage with Walker —the Brazilian is open to moving up to heavyweight to test his hands against one of the most feared fighters in MMA today.

“I’d like to impress the fans by beating Francis Ngannou. He’s a machine,” Walker said. “He impressed so many people with his punching power, the way he finishes his fights. People [are] scared to fight him. I’m not scared to fight him. We have the same punching power. I did the test at the UFC Performance Institute. I was coming off a surgery and almost did the same number he did, so I have the same power or even more. I can definitely defeat him.”

-MMAFighting.com

Cock... lots of cock this guy...

It's one thing to say it but let's see him actually push for it

Voted for decline not because his skills are gone but Jones is getting more and more content to just do the bare minimum to win.

Back