Opinion John Oliver destroying the false prophets

I turned on the tv a few nights ago after a long day and saw Benny Hinn Ministries while channel surfing. On the bottom right there was a watermark listing a 40 year anniversary. How the hell is this guy/organization scamming people for 40 years and getting away with it.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.

I wonder what is the median salary of the congregation Kenneth Copeland ministers to. How were they able to raise $17.5 million for a jet? Are they wealthy as well?
Most of the money is raised through mailings from deeply religious fools who will send their money. Also they take advantage of people who are vulnerable, as Oliver points out.

I've done the bit. Not as far as Oliver goes, sending money, but some ministry sent me a paper "prayer tile". I was supposed to send money and then they would send it back with something worthless, etc

I was confused why the first page of replies wasn't just people blurting "cuck" while not even watching the video and thinking it's a clever contribution. Then I realized this is a bump of a 2015 thread.

Don't know if anyone's seen this yet

An awkward goblin

A lot of people argue that this guy made his money by writing books and so on. That he earned it all fairly.

People say the same thing about Justin Bieber's pastor. Seen below:
maxresdefault.jpg

Sam Harris is beyond his intellectual reach on every subject. He picks the low hanging fruit, as that is all him and his followers can reach.

Him and Bukowski's enemies also fit with the places America is continually bombing the fuck out of. Which is more a dangerous and destructive ideology than Islam imo. Chomsky drilled a hole in Harris's ass over that. It has become a vehicle for people of mediocre intelligence to feel smarter and ethical than people. Lazily. It is a labor saving device. Like conspiracy theories. The topics that Sam Harris covers -- nobody should read Sam Harris on. He adds nothing to them. He writes philosophy "booklets".

They also obviously have an emotional connection to religion. They orbit it. They think about religion, and it consumes their life, more than most religious people. They are chained to it, in a reactionary pattern. It still controls them, and they shadow it. Follow its motion.

-Voltaire

If you e-mail Noam Chomsky, he will e-mail you back. I have e-mailed him several times and asked him questions. He always responds and sometimes the responses are really acid. He cares very deeply about these issues and doesn't mince words - or shy away from, anyone.

If you e-mail Noam Chomsky, he will e-mail you back. I have e-mailed him several times and asked him questions. He always responds and sometimes the responses are really acid. He cares very deeply about these issues and doesn't mince words - or shy away from, anyone.

I have done a 180 on Harris and support him.

“The cases that worry me the most are the cases where you have an ideology that’s so powerful and captivating that totally normal people, without real terrestrial grievances, can be inducted into it and do the unthinkable because of simply what they believe,” he said. “White supremacy is an ideology, I’ll grant you. It doesn’t link up with so many good things in a person’s life that it is attracting psychologically normal non-beleaguered people into its fold.

“In reality, white supremacy, and certainly murderous white supremacy, is the fringe of the fringe in our society and any society,” Harris added. “And if you’re gonna link it up with Christianity, it is the fringe of the fringe of Christianity ... You cannot remotely say any of those things about jihadism and Islam.”

The new episode is a wide-ranging conversation that also touches on — among other topics — why Harris rejects the idea of identity politics; why he also rejects and denounces President Trump; and whether Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey should shut the whole service down and declare it a wash.

A lot of people argue that this guy made his money by writing books and so on. That he earned it all fairly.

maxresdefault.jpg

It always sounds defensive when people say they got money through book deals. Money isn't the problem, it's that half the donors can't miss a paycheck while this guy spends their house deposit on jets and much bigger houses.

Most of these poor donors probably believe certain preachers can be conmen. But they don't apply that scrutiny to their guy.

this ain't surprising.
the same people who support these scam artists are the same people who think it's okay for "priests" to rape children. they won't come out and say it, but their support of the establishments that don't report child raping "priests" to law enforcement is equivalent to supporting said action.

I have done a 180 on Harris and support him.

“The cases that worry me the most are the cases where you have an ideology that’s so powerful and captivating that totally normal people, without real terrestrial grievances, can be inducted into it and do the unthinkable because of simply what they believe,” he said. “White supremacy is an ideology, I’ll grant you. It doesn’t link up with so many good things in a person’s life that it is attracting psychologically normal non-beleaguered people into its fold.

“In reality, white supremacy, and certainly murderous white supremacy, is the fringe of the fringe in our society and any society,” Harris added. “And if you’re gonna link it up with Christianity, it is the fringe of the fringe of Christianity ... You cannot remotely say any of those things about jihadism and Islam.”

The new episode is a wide-ranging conversation that also touches on — among other topics — why Harris rejects the idea of identity politics; why he also rejects and denounces President Trump; and whether Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey should shut the whole service down and declare it a wash.

Sure you can’t say those things about Islam - right now - but take a look at the recent history for an explanation as to why.

I don’t mind Sam Harris these days myself, either; I tend to agree with him quite a bit, but Chomsky made him look awful and immature in their email exchange.

Napoléon on religion:

“A established religion is a kind of vaccination, which, in satisfying our love of the marvellous, guarantees us against the quacks and sorcerers. The priests are far better than the cagliostros.”

Personally, I would put televangelists into the category of “cagliostros” ...

this ain't surprising.
the same people who support these scam artists are the same people who think it's okay for "priests" to rape children. they won't come out and say it, but their support of the establishments that don't report child raping "priests" to law enforcement is equivalent to supporting said action.

And what about the PTA and Teacher's Union??? Supporting all those pedaphiles and pederasts???

There is more teacher's fucking kids in PUBLIC SCHOOLs than fucking priests. PUBLIC GOVERNMENT FUNDED SCHOOLS. SCHOOLS FUNDED BY PROPERTY TAX.

Everyone that pays property tax is a fucking pedophile enabler. Anyone in or supporting or even giving "likes" to the fucking PTA is a pedophile lover and enabler! And all you fucking teachers paying Union dues might as well send your precious tithe directly to NAMBLA FFS!!! FCFS!!!!! (for child fucks sake!!!)

Holy shit exposé after fucking exposé here. Hanson, get in here!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Justin Beiber is an idiot if he cant see this guy is no real pastor. Dude looks like he wants to be a male stripper.

Napoléon on religion:

“A established religion is a kind of vaccination, which, in satisfying our love of the marvellous, guarantees us against the quacks and sorcerers. The priests are far better than the cagliostros.”

Personally, I would put televangelists into the category of “cagliostros” ...

Reminds me of something Aristotle said, that it allows irrationalites to exist. He was smart on everything, including beauty and drama. He is one of my biggest influences and the Western World's influence as well, on drama and theater. Without the cowardice of man, the truth of the theater would have no power. The theater and fiction represent the hidden inner life of man.

This is why absolute moral judgements can't be made. Like Hitler for example, he was bad but getting that race science shit out of the way before it took over the world may have prevented something worse.

And what about the PTA and Teacher's Union??? Supporting all those pedaphiles and pederasts???

There is more teacher's fucking kids in PUBLIC SCHOOLs than fucking priests. PUBLIC GOVERNMENT FUNDED SCHOOLS. SCHOOLS FUNDED BY PROPERTY TAX.

Everyone that pays property tax is a fucking pedophile enabler. Anyone in or supporting or even giving "likes" to the fucking PTA is a pedophile lover and enabler! And all you fucking teachers paying Union dues might as well send your precious tithe directly to NAMBLA FFS!!! FCFS!!!!! (for child fucks sake!!!)

Holy shit exposé after fucking exposé here. Hanson, get in here!!!

except the difference is that the teachers are arrested, and put on trial. they aren't hidden away, transferred to a new location, and never reported to law enforcement.
the fact that you can't comprehend the difference isn't surprising.

Good John. Now do one on an Imam who convinces kids to blow themselves up and kill people.

i don't go to church, and i don't give them money. i was raised catholic, and priests are not living the high life. it's a humble existence, whether you choose to believe that or not.
a very different interpretation of religious life right there. Though, a few Bishops in america are in trouble for some ridiculous spending.

I'm Orthodox so our priest arent as ascetic as Catholics priests (they can marry and the like). But all of the tithing goals the church sets are to pay off the land/building so that there's less pressure to tithe and money can be put into service programs. There isn't any financial duping at all. I dont tithe but my priest has never mentioned it.

Reminds me of something Aristotle said, that it allows irrationalites to exist. He was smart on everything, including beauty and drama. He is one of my biggest influences and the Western World's influence as well, on drama and theater. Without the cowardice of man, the truth of the theater would have no power. The theater and fiction represent the hidden inner life of man.

This is why absolute moral judgements can't be made. Like Hitler for example, he was bad but getting that race science shit out of the way before it took over the world may have prevented something worse.

I found “The Politics” quite shocking when I first read it. I think everyone should read it today. Even just to widen their historic perspective. Ideas have a history behind them and society is built on ideas.

Back