John Kavanagh (McGregor's coach) is a 3rd degree black belt. Has he better BJJ than Cesar?

Gracie's tend not to promote as quickly as other BJJ instructors.

"A blackbelt only covers 2 inches of your ass. PED have to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie

fixed bro.

from the original ultimate fighter himself.

proof that bjj + PED really does work.

fixed bro.

Here, I'll fix it myself:

"A blackbelt only covers 2 inches of your ass. Groin strikes have to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie

3o6gb8NenlW1dzK5TW.gif

once youre a second degree black belt, the other degrees are just formalities and not really based on skill. a lot of it is based on how long you've been running a dojo and how much you contribute to the bjj community.

The Conor haters are gonna come in here and say Conor and his Irish Edmund have no ground game. Matt Thornton is a legit BJJ guy and one of the first Americans to get his BJJ black belt.
Brazil isn't in the Americas?

Here we go, I time stamped this video for you. This video shows Maia shutting down Rory's and Gunnar's attempt at pulling the X guard:

I appreciate that thank you but is Conors the only successful one achieved in mma? Nate couldn't block it?

The guy that was dominated on the ground by Maia who was outgrappled by Shields?

That was a shit decision. Shields got taken down repeatedly and the only saving grace was him spinning from back control into closed guard then stall out the rest of each round from that position. Maia won almost every grappling exchange they had.

Anyway Shields is really good grappler but he is royalty when it comes to gifted decisions. Old salt.

Cesar would be higher because he has been a BB longer. That's all degrees are, how long you've been a BB.

There's a bit more to it than that. Mostly after 1st/2nd degree black belt it's about time (like you said) and contribution to the sport.

It's generally not a given that 4th or 5th degree black belt would automatically beat lower ranked belts. Frequently it's the opposite. By the time you've put
Pretty cool that a bluebelt hit an x-guard sweep on 1st degree blackbelt Nate Diaz, & escaped his guillotine attempt too. They must be really training bluebelts these days.

Bro, I'm only a blue belt and Nate has never landed a choke on me. Ever. Bro.

From where did you get that Ceasar is only a thrid degree black belt? According to bjjheroes.com he got his black belt in 92, most likely before Kavanagh even knew what jiu-jitsu was, and would thus probably be a fifth or sixth degree by now.

Yeah, I had to buy the full DVD set before they promoted me to black belt. Took ages due to postal strike.

I wasn't talking about the online stuff, Ceaser and Renzo don't promote people often, their purple belts are more like high level brown belts or black belts.

31E9B91500000578-3478699-Diaz_locked_in_the_rear_naked_choke_to_force_McGregor_to_tap_aft-a-2_1457256510845.jpg

they taught him real good roll over on your belly with your arms in a praying position hoping that the gazelle on your back has mercy on you

no type of defense what so ever no effort to control nates wrist

as stated in here all ready rankings dont mean much, heck conor was awarded brown belt after his win over dustin which had no BJJ in the entire match and we all know conor is blue belt at best to this day, and maia and shields would wreck john like maia did to gunner nelson
Hahahah love it..Conor has zero ground game..Brown belt my ass that is the biggest load of shit.

That's almost Demian Maia level and better than Shields :O
Just wondering is Cesar also a 3rd degree black belt?
Does Conor learn from the better BJJ teacher?
Kavanagh is shit at bjj just look at how well he taught conor..Conor has never even looked like getting near a submission win in his life.

Belts are an indicator of experience and knowledge. While there is a definite coralation between belt and skill, it is not a linear relationship.

A purple belt can beat a black belt. Its not common but not unusual either.

BJJ is no different to any other physical task in life. The better athlete will learn and progress faster.

What tournaments has Kavanagh won?

Who has he beaten?

The best practitioners don’t always make the best coaches.

If they did Argentina would have won the last World Cup.

Man UTD would not be the most decorated club in England (under Ferguson).

Sure it helps, giving instructors valuable insight but that in itself does not translate to instant coaching ability.

Besides I think kavanagh has some experience at high level Comp on the European scene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back