John Kavanagh (McGregor's coach) is a 3rd degree black belt. Has he better BJJ than Cesar?

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
That's almost Demian Maia level and better than Shields :O
Just wondering is Cesar also a 3rd degree black belt?
Does Conor learn from the better BJJ teacher?

Cesar would be higher because he has been a BB longer. That's all degrees are, how long you've been a BB.

The Conor haters are gonna come in here and say Conor and his Irish Edmund have no ground game. Matt Thornton is a legit BJJ guy and one of the first Americans to get his BJJ black belt.

"A blackbelt only covers 2 inches of your ass. You have to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie

Cesar would fuck him up in a grappling match, so no his BJJ is not better.

I bet Kavanagh is an amazing BJJ practitioner but it is impossible to tell who is better based on belts. Remember that not all belts are created equally.

I bet Kavanagh is an amazing BJJ practitioner but it is impossible to tell who is better based on belts. Remember that not all belts are created equally.
That's a good point.

Degrees on a black belt are meaningless. They're given solely based on how long you've been a black belt, nothing to do with skill or knowledge.

Exactly, Kavanagh. Stick to your bjj and let connie develop the game plan

Bahahahaha

Quality post

I love shit like this, it's like if Armenian Edmund (not to be confused with the Irish version) got a new belt

Matt Thornton is a legit BJJ guy and one of the first Americans to get his BJJ black belt.

Yep. Direct descendant of Chris Haueter of the 'Dirty Dozen', one of the first 12 non-Brazilian blackbelts.

Back