John Kavanagh (McGregor's coach) is a 3rd degree black belt. Has he better BJJ than Cesar?

Bjj is gonna go the way of taekwando and all that shit. Only belts that matters are the one you win in the ring

Yep. Direct descendant of Chris Haueter of the 'Dirty Dozen', one of the first 12 non-Brazilian blackbelts.

Got the privilege to train at Craig Kukuk's gym who is number 1, I believe, in the dirty dozen. Royler black belt.

31E9B91500000578-3478699-Diaz_locked_in_the_rear_naked_choke_to_force_McGregor_to_tap_aft-a-2_1457256510845.jpg

they taught him real good roll over on your belly with your arms in a praying position hoping that the gazelle on your back has mercy on you

no type of defense what so ever no effort to control nates wrist

as stated in here all ready rankings dont mean much, heck conor was awarded brown belt after his win over dustin which had no BJJ in the entire match and we all know conor is blue belt at best to this day, and maia and shields would wreck john like maia did to gunner nelson

Cesar has the most accomplished students. Connor does have a UFC title with Kavanagh, however. Would like to see Cesar vs John in a pure grappling match, though.

As John Danaher says in minute 9:53 "...you must understand, there are black belts and then there are black belts".

As John Danaher says in minute 9:53 "...you must understand, there are black belts and then there are black belts".

Why does GSP's trainer say this when GSP prepares for Shields lol.
Is he implying Shake's not a real bb?

Bjj is gonna go the way of taekwando and all that shit. Only belts that matters are the one you win in the ring

Never gonna happen.

Martial arts become obsolete when they aren't practiced in a realistic manner against resisting opponents in live training situations. As long as people are rolling, BJJ will never go the way of TKD.

He also thought Gunnar had better "mma grappling" than Maia.

we all know conor is blue belt at best to this day

Pretty cool that a bluebelt hit an x-guard sweep on 1st degree blackbelt Nate Diaz, & escaped his guillotine attempt too. They must be really training bluebelts these days.

The Conor haters are gonna come in here and say Conor and his Irish Edmund have no ground game. Matt Thornton is a legit BJJ guy and one of the first Americans to get his BJJ black belt.

Thornton definitely is legit, and I'm sure kavanagh is good too, but I just can't forget how dumb he sounded coaching Gunnar through the Maia fight, and how dumb he sounded when comparing Gunnar and Maia's grappling.

Maia's level is a BJJ world champion level.

Tell me when Kavanagh become one, then we could talk about their levels.

Must have been awesome!

This was about 5 years ago, when I was fighting, outside of Boise, ID and it was an experience.

Never rolled with him but his teaching was very good. I actually got to roll with his 60-70(bad at age guessing) year old brown belt. He was tough as nails.
Was pretty exhausting. It was like no time limit rolling for an hour. We submitted each other possibly once each in that time. I liked it though.

The Conor haters are gonna come in here and say Conor and his Irish Edmund have no ground game. Matt Thornton is a legit BJJ guy and one of the first Americans to get his BJJ black belt.

I dont think it has anything to do with hating to say that McG doesn't have a great ground game. Atleast we've never seen it, infact we've seen plenty of evidence to support that he indeed doesn't lol. Looks like he's working on changing that tho, good on him.

Back