John Kavanagh - Don't be surprised to see McGregor/Lawler at UFC 200

Considering the fact that this fight would essentially be a K1 match with 4 ounce gloves, Conor has a good chance of being competitive. I feel Robby could take the fight into more dangerous locations but he wouldn't because he loves to just strike and mostly box. but in terms of range, distance timing and power its a competitive fight I could honestly see either guy winning.

Conor has a godly left hand at 145. I bet he has a damned good left hand at 155. At 170, who knows? Robbie is a full-sized man, and Conor has never fought one of those before.

Robbie isn't going to dance with him.

I'm Conor's biggest fan but three weight classes would be a freak show

belts would never get defend. imagine if he got injured while holding 3 belts.

actually you know what? i hope he wins all 3 belts then quits the ufc. oh man the lulz would be amazing.

conor wouldnt win though. there are too many blinded by his hype right now to admit it. if conor could hang with the best at 170 he would never kill himself to make the cut at 145
Yeah but that's logic and we don't use that here on sherdog ;)

Lets see him get through RDA first before we start talking about the lawler fight. I fully support hm trying three belts but i wanna see him hold two belts.

Lawler is so slow hes not even stuck in the mud,hes on his last breaths sinking in it

First round KO head clean off
Well at least you are adding something new instead of just being a parrot because there is to much of that going flying around

Wow, Conor hasn't had 1 UFC fight at 155 yet and he's already convinced himself that he's better than all of them and all of the WWs. He's very fortunate to get a title shot at 155, but if he wins that belt, there are still a lot of dangerous guys at 155. He would leapfrog an entire division in 1 fight should he win against RDA

Via MMAmania.com

"Speaking of welterweights, I've seen rumors of Conor fighting Lawler for the
170 pound title at UFC 200 on July 9 have been gathering momentum. It's not something we have discussed specifically but after Conor wins the lightweight belt, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the next fight is for the welterweight title. If that's what Conor wants to do, I'll absolutely support the move. I think that would be fantastic, we're already talking about making history in a few weeks, but can you imagine what it will be like if Conor is the he champion in 3 different weight classes by the summer."

How do you think this would go for Conor? How possible do you think it is that this happens?
Not well, Conor would enjoy a nice nap in the middle of the octagon, get by RDA first

actually you know what? i hope he wins all 3 belts then quits the ufc. oh man the lulz would be amazing.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be shocked by that turn of events. Didn't he say early on that his plan was to get in, get rich and get out?

IF he gets past RDA (and that's a substantial task), Robbie himself would be insane not to agree to the fight where he'd have a significant size and power advantage AND get to have all eyes on his fight at the biggest UFC event of the year. That's retirement money for him.

Not that I think for an instant that the money is why Lawler fights :)

I don't believe him but I wouldn't put it pass the UFC to allow Conor to fight for every title and not defend the one he already has.

I think Conor knocks Lawler out and I'm a big fan of Lawler.

Conor, albeit undersized, is much more skilled striker than Robbie.

many welterweights could beat conor...no need to bring in the 1st string

I can see some guys at 170 dominating Conor (Lombard, Mcdonald, even Hendricks before last fight) but think he would do well standing and banging with Lawler

I don't believe him but I wouldn't put it pass the UFC to allow Conor to fight for every title and not defend the one he already has.

Someone Tweeted Dana (I know) asking would Conor fight for the WW belt soon to which Dana said: "we'll see what happens" (Again, Dana talking)

Still, it's hard to know if Kavanagh is serious or not. Hasn't being any rumours of Conor v Lawler for 200. And he says in that article, he'd need to do some strength and conditioning if he was to move up. That's a lot to do in 4 months.

I wonder how Conor manages to walk with Kavanagh swinging from his balls

Back