"Joe The Plumber" chimes in on the Santa Barbara massacre. Too soon?

Strychnine

War Room Peace Addict
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
"Your dead kids don't trump my constitutional rights."

"Conservative sensitivity at its finest, courtesy of Samuel "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher. Speaking in a time of great tragedy, Wurzelbacher's only response to a grieving father discussing his son's right to live is that the be all and end all is the right of Americans to be armed to the teeth without any regulation.

There is a time, a place and a manner for such discussions. He could easily wait several days. He could just as easily frame his ideas in less crass terms. He could choose to use words that will not rub salt in open wounds. He decided not to engage in such behavior, which, unfortunately, is nothing new for him.
This kind of absolutism disturbs those of us that see shades of gray. Not everyone that favors sensible gun regulations seeks to take away each and every gun from each and every law-abiding citizen. Not everyone that believes in the right to bear arms is someone that opposes sensible gun regulations."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...ead-kids-don-t-trump-my-Constitutional-rights

After Sandy Hook we saw the American public show great support for background checks, but our elected officials shut down. Is there room for any flex on the 2nd amendment? Is there a Gray area? Should it be changed or should we stay the course?

Joe the plumber can get back to plumbing.

I only have one question: Should we not be ashamed that anyone ever cares about Joe the Plumber?

He is not an intellectual, a successful politician, a doctor, a scientist or even a populist official.

He is a shady blue collar guy whose words were shamelessly used by a failing McCain campaign.

Why should I care right or wrong about a 3rd rate has-been political pawns' pontifications on firearms?

Also, is it really thread worthy or news worthy? I guess thread worthy, fair enough, but this is like page 8 material of "where are they now" in any News Paper fit to print.

If he is the head of a multimillion dollar political action committee, has his own reality show, or some other asinine attention whore job now worth a lot of money or with some intellectual bearing on the world... ok, news!

If not, does anyone really care? I mean anyone.

"Your dead kids don't trump my constitutional rights."

Damn, putting it that way, he sounds like a throbbing dickhead.

Damn, putting it that way, he sounds like a throbbing dickhead.

Yeah, he sounds like a middling blue collar loud mouth buffoon who was shamelessly propped up by the GOP and is about 6 or 7 years past having any relevance to today.

Or did I miss something about his fame? Really, no sarcasm, I have not been plugged into the world and times of Joe and his sewer issues.

He should have keep to himself and I don't care what he thinks.

However he is correct, but for now he could have just stayed with no comment.

And I believe he bought his guns from an ffl dealer and background checks would have been performed.

The problem is his doctor should have alerted police, there should have been an investigation and the court ordered removed of weapons. Or one of the people he send his rant to should have called the cops on him. Or his parents should have called the cops as soon as they read the rant.

And I believe he bought his guns from an ffl dealer and background checks would have been performed.

The problem is his doctor should have alerted police, there should have been an investigation and the court ordered removed of weapons. Or one of the people he send his rant to should have called the cops on him. Or his parents should have called the cops as soon as they read the rant.

I am wondering why he was sought out for a soundbite to begin with, or if he went running towards the nearest microphone given the chance.

what a wanker...I heard he was going to be joining the American political system, how did that work out?

Here's where it goes weird...
The cops did visit the shooter before the incident. But they didn't search his room. If they did, they would've found his arsenal. Usually you see people (of color) getting searched left, right, and center. But when it came to this guy, they stopped at the living room, asked him some questions, and that cost lives.

He's right , he just conveyed it the wrong way.

Also, is it really thread worthy or news worthy? I guess thread worthy, fair enough, but this is like page 8 material of "where are they now" in any News Paper fit to print.

If he is the head of a multimillion dollar political action committee, has his own reality show, or some other asinine attention whore job now worth a lot of money or with some intellectual bearing on the world... ok, news!

If not, does anyone really care? I mean anyone.

Well it is good "water cooler" talk.

I am wondering why he was sought out for a soundbite to begin with, or if he went running towards the nearest microphone given the chance.

Yea I wounded that also.

The cops did visit the shooter before the incident. But they didn't search his room. If they did, they would've found his arsenal. Usually you see people (of color) getting searched left, right, and center. But when it came to this guy, they stopped at the living room, asked him some questions, and that cost lives.

They might not have had enough get a search warrant and he did not give consent when asked.

He didn't have an "arsenal" and he killed half of his victims with a fucking knife. Also, they already have firearm registration in California. They didn't have to go to his bedroom to know if he was armed and to see what he has. They talked to him and thought he was a normal kid and let it go.

It's pretty telling when hardcore pro-gun guys like Lucas and Heston shy away from a conservative comment

Easy to say after the fact, but if psychiatrists were able to essentially get the cops to seize someone's guns because they were suspicious of their mental state you and all your 2nd Amendment cronies would be screaming bloody murder about their rights being taken away.

He's right , he just conveyed it the wrong way.

Right, plus the debate has been over the fact that the killer was a serious mental case, yet was allowed to buy guns, the cops came to his house, and they couldn't do anything even though his roommates called the police on him. That's what the debate has been about and I think we all want guns out of the hands of people with mental disorders.

Back