"Joe The Plumber" chimes in on the Santa Barbara massacre. Too soon?

Why don't you link the actual statement in context rather than some douche's blog that only gives us one sentence of it? I had to google to get a real link to it even. Cute how the blogger is trying to make a living crying about things joe the plumber says, while simultaneously trying to avoid giving his subject any link traffic by using some kind of intermediate service.

http://joeforamerica.com/2014/05/open-letter-parents-victims-murdered-elliot-rodger/

Anyway, comes across a fair amount less harsh in context, where most of what he says is devoted to how horrible the parents' loss is.

The dude is actually right with what he's saying I guess, but what a fuckin asshole to try to use this tragedy to get attention for himself. And of course that's the point of this, a guy whose 15 minutes have been done for a while and he wants to get some kind of notoriety again. Dickhead.

Guns > Kids.
Guns can protect kids, but kids can't protect guns.

All he does is show that these people exist, and thanks to democracy his views counts as much as mine. Luckily I assume many more have my view than his.

The interesting thing about this case is not the guns or how he murdered people but how he formed his views on women.

It depends on how it was done. Call the cops and they go to court with the variance and get the court order and then get the guns temporary until the investigation incomplete and all parties have their day in court.

How do they get his guns if no one knows what guns he has?

I only have one question: Should we not be ashamed that anyone ever cares about Joe the Plumber?

He is not an (lol)intellectual, a successful(pro bullshitter)politician, a(the fuck?) doctor, a scientist or even a populist official.

He is a shady blue collar guy whose words were shamelessly used by a failing McCain campaign.

Why should I care right or wrong about a 3rd rate has-been political pawns' pontifications on firearms?

What the fuck do you have against blue collar in general? Most white collars are little bitch office minions bending over backwards and willing to get the reach around to get the cubicle by the window, pathetic if you ask me.

There actually is a gun registry in CA, so the police should have known what he had. This is something that really really irks me, and I'm sure many other pro gun people. Any time there is a tragedy such as this, there is a huge rush to pass new "common sense" gun legislation, when it's almost comical how few of the laws already on the books are actually enforced.

Guns > Kids.
Guns can protect kids, but kids can't protect guns.

All he does is show that these people exist, and thanks to democracy his views counts as much as mine. Luckily I assume many more have my view than his.

The interesting thing about this case is not the guns or how he murdered people but how he formed his views on women.

It comes with a search warrant.

Why is he still in the news? He was a brief icon for the 2008 campaign for the GOP side. The GOP lost that election by a landslide. He should've been a footnote or less in history of that election yet people still do articles on him today!

Why is he still in the news? He was a brief icon for the 2008 campaign for the GOP side. The GOP lost that election by a landslide. He should've been a footnote or less in history of that election yet people still do articles on him today!

Obama pledges to aid and support Al-Qaeda = 500 views.

Joe plumb man says... = 1000 views

That's why he's still in the news.

media loves to take out quotes that 'don't sound right' and run with them .. that bit was insensitive no doubt .. he could've left out 'dead' but the rest of what he said was ok and made sense

It's pretty telling when hardcore pro-gun guys like Lucas and Heston shy away from a conservative comment

I love how everyone assumes I'm some ultra conservative because I think Obama is garbage and that most of those who are still high on him are a waste of oxygen on this planet.

Yeah I bash the left a lot, but you guys have the most hypocrites, and quite frankly your nutjobs are a lot scarier than anything coming out of the marginalized GOP right now.

Sounds a lot harsher without reading the entire letter:

http://barbwire.com/2014/05/27/open-letter-parents-victims-murdered-elliot-rodger/

Still not the best choice of words.

I have often thought the key to being a politician is never making bad sound bites.

For instance never say something like Like "as good as the naxi's were at military tactics, genocide is their hallmark"

because all you will hear about is "as good as the naxi's were"

Extreme example but you get my point I think.

I have often thought the key to being a politician is never making bad sound bites.

For instance never say something like Like "as good as the naxi's were at military tactics, genocide is their hallmark"

because all you will hear about is "as good as the naxi's were"

Extreme example but you get my point I think.

Agreed.

Of course Joe the Plumber isn't a politician so he probably doesn't have a group to vet his comments before they come out; but it's still hard to believe anyone would write that and not know how it would sound when the media reported.

Back