Joe Rogan's New Rebuttal to Stephen A. Smith

Cowboy absolutely quit, and it isn't the first time he's quit. Rogan is white knighting, and Stephen A is being a credible journalist.

joe and cowboy are personal friends, thats the whole story of this

Worst logic ever! I've seen tons of surgeries on Youtube, believe me when I say I know when someone requires open heart surgery.
<DisgustingHHH>

If you think that was a "new and improved Conor" and that this somehow establishes Conor as the top contender for LW/WW titles, you're out of your mind. Because that's the narrative that UFC, Dana White and Joe Rogan are selling.

Smith wasn't selling it, and that's why they got pissed off. Because somebody deviated from the script.

You don't have to be a MMA expert to know that this didn't prove anything beyond Conor being the great front-runner that he has always been, when matched with the right opponents. We already know that he can put away a guy who runs into his fists in 30 seconds, what we really need to know is whether he can beat the Khabibs and Usmans of the world.

Worst logic ever! I've seen tons of surgeries on Youtube, believe me when I say I know when someone requires open heart surgery.
<DisgustingHHH>

but what are you saying? Even if we watch a lot of sport we don’t have the right to an opinion unless we played professionally or something? Great logic, I’ll just go cancel all my team memberships, season passes etc though, because sport just became super boring.

Cowboy didn't know what to do because he was clinching with a guy who was wildy throwing himself off balance on one side but had sworn off of going for a takedown even though outside trips are made for that situation.

If you say the things Cowboy said before the fight, especially going into a gimme fight which we all know was booked to make McGregor look good, you deserve some criticism.

And Cowboy is the guy who says that some people are just born with a "bitch gene" and are predispoed to quitting. He brought a lot of this on himself.

Last edited:
Cerrone is tough but at this point in his career he's beyond giving a fuck whether he wins or loses.
It's about the paycheck.

He got up immediately after it was stopped.
Because it was over. He wasn't getting punched anymore. It's different while it's happening. He was most certainly rocked and Conor followed up enough for the ref to step in for a TKO. Cowboy stood up quick afterwards because he's tough but he was dealing with hell while Conor was pummeling him. Sometimes when you get rocked so hard you can't even think of the proper defense. Sometimes it takes a second or two to get your wits back.

I don't think he quit at all. He wanted that big win. He even threw a decent kick after getting hit with the shoulders. But Conor responded with the high kick and the rest was history.

How about he got smashed because he'd mentally quit before the fight started!?

Or how about this crazy idea. The 2 divison world champ/elite fighter beat the career journeyman/perennial top 10 guy by just being way more skilled and a better fighter

Couldnt be that, right? It was Cowboy who "mentally quit"... lmao

This feud is so forced. Both are not wrong, but they missing a fucking important point, seconds after Donald Cerrone aka Cowboy got TKO'ed by Conor, Rogan interview him, Cowboy said, in front of everybody. " I don't care. I'll be back " He didn't care! Didn't care what? Well losing! When someone doesn't care about losing, winning isn't the " only option ". Although I totally respect Cowboy's mindset "even if I'm down, I keep back up " type of mentality. But he didn't care to lose, and it is exactly what we saw that night. So SAS saying we didn't see shit, he's right. This stupid feud is only overshadowing the fact that Cowboy wasn't the hardest fight for Conor, and that's why he was the chosen one.

I disagree. He was trying to win but got rocked

How did he quit? Looked like he got rocked multiple times. Shoulders, head-kick and punches.

That doesn't always mean a fighter is quitting. Sometimes they are so rocked they can't even think straight.
Well Mr. Strawman let me help you. It is perfectly understandable why someone says "it looks like" Cowboy quit and folded like a cheap tent. Any reasonable person can acknowledge this.

But what does Ja Rule has to say?
521fcfd7b7887.jpeg

We needed another thread about this ...

<puh-lease75>

You referring to the above interview, where it sounds like Cerrone is agitated by someone asking why he seems to not want to fight strategically, because "This is my fight - not yours!" ...and then he goes and does fuckall in the main event?

Last edited:
Cowboy really blew it more than Conor smashed him

...but one thing about Conor is he is one of the best 1st round fighters in MMA, paired with the fact that Cowboy is a slow starter...he was mathematically calculated to get smashed in the 1st
A broken nose and orbital bone says differently. U guys are ridiculous with this narrative

Exactly. People against Stephen A Smith are acting like Coward Cerrone wasn't going into the fight with a "he is a quitter" cloud hanging over him. The dude was defending his opponent's honor in the pre-fight press conference. LOL

Dana White had to explain to the public that it is okay to be scared before the fight. Mike Perry had to preface his pre-fight prediction with a "we don't know which Cerrone we are going to get" statement. Stephen A Smith directly confronted Donald Cerrone before the fight, with regards to the stepping-stone label Coward Cerrone had going into the fight. Coward Cerrone is the more skilled, and experienced fighter, and still, Vegas had him as the underdog.

It is one thing to not agree with Stephen A's opinion, but to make it seem like it is unreasonable in light of all this evidence is just silly in my opinion. LOL

Stephen A. is a threat to the narrative/hype the UFC is creating again around Conor.
I've honestly wondered how the UFC deal with ESPN would work out, considering the UFC being, so often, full of shit, and ESPN being used to covering legit sports.
Although, the focal point for that question was Dana, since he lies so often, among other shit.

Back