Joe Rogan's New Rebuttal to Stephen A. Smith

cowboy chokes when things don't go at his pace. it was much faster since his nose wasn't 100% healed. It didn't helped that Cowboy wasn't defending or circling.

hogaine as always shilling the UFC and Mcg.

F off rogain. SAS doesnt need to conform to your stupid idiot ideas or dana and the wme ufc. Hes got disney money that gives him a free pass. F off

it definitely wasnt a war, cowboy ate a shot and crumbled, took his under the table money to stand and bang and rode tot he sunset.

The big black dude is correct and the small white guy is wrong.

Sure, in the case of McGregor-Aldo for example. But in the case of McGregor-Cerrone, everybody with half a brain predicted Cowboy to be blown out in the first few minutes. And Cerrone, on his part, did absolutely nothing to prevent that from happening. His whole gameplan should've been to survive the initial onslaught, instead he just walked right into it, face-first.

The UFC gave McGregor a gimme-fight, and you're asking Smith to act like it's a big deal? He has seen a thousand sports events, and he knows enough to know that nothing impressive happened in there. Even if he is not a MMA expert.

What happened is what was supposed to happen, and that's about it. Rogan is a UFC life-long hype man who will sell you the idea that it was a huge feat for McGregor, Smith has actual journalistic credibility on the line.

100% correct. This fight was a complete sham...Donald did exactly what everyone with MMA knowledge knew he was going to do...including Dana, Conor, etc. Fuck Rogan.

He looked quite stunned from those shoulders. Like he was in disbelief that they just smashed his face
We all were! My point is that if he came in to use his weapons and grapple he would never have gotten any of those shocking shoulders. He would have had an easy takedown, probably. Conor was moving forward with strong commitment (knowing he wouldn't be grappled).

He took 2mill, said he wouldn't grapple, lost the fight by giving up the opportunity to grapple. You might call that quitting, depending on what you define as quitting.

But for sure he did NOT expect those shoulders any more than we did. Good work on Conor's part, even if he was beating a man who was putting all the cards in his favour. He at least looked good doing it.

100% correct. This fight was a complete sham...Donald did exactly what everyone with MMA knowledge knew he was going to do...including Dana, Conor, etc. Fuck Rogan.
When he said he wasn't going to grapple it was clear that he wasn't aiming to win as much as to test how good his standup was vs Conor's. Knowing he was a slow starter and had the tools to slow Conor down to his pace if he wanted.

It was fun though.

People in Mma are way too sensitive to any criticism

Its weirder than that if Rogan had said cerrone quit most people would be standing behind him, I think it's simply because a guy without any history in mma is speaking adamantly about someone quitting

<puh-lease75>

You referring to the above interview, where it sounds like Cerrone is agitated by someone asking why he seems to not want to fight strategically, because "This is my fight - not yours!" ...and then he goes and does fuckall in the main event?

That interview is so damn cringe. This is why MMA is still a niche ass sport yet Conor is mainstream. Fighters can’t even behave right and/or promote at all when given a huge platform like First Take.

If it wasn’t for Max Cerrone probably would’ve walked out of the interview two minutes in.

Cowboy absolutely quit, and it isn't the first time he's quit. Rogan is white knighting, and Stephen A is being a credible journalist.

Nope, he didn't tap to strikes. He was short of unconscious

We all were! My point is that if he came in to use his weapons and grapple he would never have gotten any of those shocking shoulders. He would have had an easy takedown, probably. Conor was moving forward with strong commitment (knowing he wouldn't be grappled).

He took 2mill, said he wouldn't grapple, lost the fight by giving up the opportunity to grapple. You might call that quitting, depending on what you define as quitting.

But for sure he did NOT expect those shoulders any more than we did. Good work on Conor's part, even if he was beating a man who was putting all the cards in his favour. He at least looked good doing it.

It actually looked like he ducked under the first left Conor threw and went for a takedown, but Conor threw his leg out at the last second and straightened him back up with a thigh to the face

LOL at Rogaine stating Cowboy has the most fights, finishes, etc., but then says Cowboy became "confused" after a couple of shoulder checks!

Imagine settling for $200k to fight the Biggest name in the sport?
And then after fighting Conor people’s desire to see you fight has actually diminished?

It actually looked like he ducked under the first left Conor threw and went for a takedown, but Conor threw his leg out at the last second and straightened him back up with a thigh to the face
You might be right - he did catch a knee on the way in but I thought he straightened up when he remembered his rule set. If it was the knee that made him stand back up then I respect at least his intention to grapple. It was over after that.

But to be fair - he said he wouldn't grapple and I don't believe he was going to on the first strike. Knee or no knee he had agreed to a rule set that didn't involve him grappling.

But that's a very fair point too.

MMA fans not used to unbiased observations of their sport.
Rogan should be glad Smith and ESPN weren’t a partners when the Rhonda beating Floyd nonsense came out of Joe and many mma fans mouths. Joe is so used to hyping up nonsense he’s upset when others don’t.
Do people really think the UFC would risk the cash cow Conor for a shopworn decreasingly marketable Cerrone?

That interview is so damn cringe. This is why MMA is still a niche ass sport yet Conor is mainstream. Fighters can’t even behave right and/or promote at all when given a huge platform like First Take.

If it wasn’t for Max Cerrone probably would’ve walked out of the interview two minutes in.
It was pretty awkward. He did nothing to make me think "Shit, Cowboy might fight smart."

And I almost just would rather see MMA and mainstream sports media kept separate if there will be more of this between fighters and reporters.

Stephen A Smith is a retarded cuck - only reason ESPN keeps him around cause they can't legally fire a mentally challenged employee.

Big talk, but guarantee if he was face to face with Cowboy post fight, Stephen A would have changed his tone, instead would probably be kissing his ass. That's the type of pussy this guy is he'll shit talk anyone from behind a desk, behind a camera, but the moment shit gets real he'll turn into the biggest bitch you ever seen.

Stephen little fuckin bitch boy, keep practicing your dick punches in the gym with your wack ass instructor...
It's never that serious buddeh. Going all 12 year old angst rage on a polarizing color commentator? It's never that serious

It wasnt a dive but I am 100% sure Cerrone got the ruling from Dana to keep the fight standing and Cerrone is someone who plays by that. Diaz would simply agree and then choke Out Connor :D

Back