Joe Rogan's New Rebuttal to Stephen A. Smith

Why does everyone need to respond to a media opinion on this fight? The response by the mma community to what Smith said is weird.
Stephen A. is a threat to the narrative/hype the UFC is creating again around Conor.

Cowboy really blew it more than Conor smashed him

...but one thing about Conor is he is one of the best 1st round fighters in MMA, paired with the fact that Cowboy is a slow starter...he was mathematically calculated to get smashed in the 1st

They’re both a pair of twats. I’m more tolerant of Joe but he is still a twat

While I was reading Rogaine's reply, I could not help but wonder: "How deep is Conor's D*** into Rogaine's mouth"?

Why don't they just have a live debate?

I'm not even kidding i would watch that. And yes Stephen A would run circles around Joe.

Can you point to something that you would disagree with?

The entire paragraph reads like what a teenage girl would write to Justin Bieber on Facebook.
"Conor’s a f*cking super explosive guy. Super explosive, all muscle."

I literally have to check my own sexuality after reading that paragraph because Rogaine sounded so homosexual.

Didn't follow from the beginning but surely Rogan is disrespecting the sport more publically criticising a colleague. To me that's seriously unprofessional and should be a red flag for any employer not that the UFC cares about anything other than ratings and such.

Last edited:
Kind of funny how two people argue deeply about an mma fight in the media when both never even had a amateur fight.

Both are incompetent. Rogan has been Danas paid lapdog for years and is füll of himself without any self reflection ability, so I dont get why anyone would be upset about him again crawling into Danas ass.

Here Dickie Bennett talks about Rogans usual weekend trips

How about he got smashed because he'd mentally quit before the fight started!?

I disagree. He was trying to win but got rocked
Cowboy absolutely quit, and it isn't the first time he's quit. Rogan is white knighting, and Stephen A is being a credible journalist.

How did he quit? Looked like he got rocked multiple times. Shoulders, head-kick and punches.
Turtling and waiting for the ref to stop the fight is called quitting.

That doesn't always mean a fighter is quitting. Sometimes they are so rocked they can't even think straight.

When did Stephen a even say cowboy quit though? I just saw him complaining about cowboys shitty perfomance and how he didn't show up ready, I never heard him specifically say cowboy was a quitter

Sure, in the case of McGregor-Aldo for example. But in the case of McGregor-Cerrone, everybody with half a brain predicted Cowboy to be blown out in the first few minutes. And Cerrone, on his part, did absolutely nothing to prevent that from happening. His whole gameplan should've been to survive the initial onslaught, instead he just walked right into it, face-first.

The UFC gave McGregor a gimme-fight, and you're asking Smith to act like it's a big deal? He has seen a thousand sports events, and he knows enough to know that nothing impressive happened in there. Even if he is not a MMA expert.

What happened is what was supposed to happen, and that's about it. Rogan is a UFC life-long hype man who will sell you the idea that it was a huge feat for McGregor, Smith has actual journalistic credibility on the line.

Worst logic ever! I've seen tons of surgeries on Youtube, believe me when I say I know when someone requires open heart surgery.
<DisgustingHHH>

The entire paragraph reads like what a teenage girl would write to Justin Bieber on Facebook.
"Conor’s a f*cking super explosive guy. Super explosive, all muscle."

I literally have to check my own sexuality after reading that paragraph because Rogaine sounded so homosexual.
so you don't think Conor is explosive? He's finished like 75% of his fights in the first round.

It was a bad performance from cowboy. It's okay to be critical of fighters when they look like they came unprepared and get squashed without throwing a punch. Joe is just doing his manlet power trip thing, any time someone who he perceives as an outsider says something critical he gets his panties twisted about. If this had been a fighter saying it on his podcast there wouldn't be a peep about it.

It would be intellectually dishonest for a legitimate sports commentator to act like a 40-second blowout of a hand-picked opponent, was worth anything more than it is.

Rogan is a paid hype-man, Smith might not know jack-shit about MMA, but he knows enough that the people didn't get their money's worth with that PPV fight.

This was the exact scenario that UFC had set up, a quick easy KO for Conor to put him back in title contention, and Smith ruined it, by exposing the fight for what it was.

absolutely right. This smith guy is clearly a loud-mouthed goose, but he was correct and we learned nothing. Joe is trying to manipulate the argument because he didn’t like his tone (and yes, he is a ufc shill).

Back