Social Joe Rogan : We are the electronic caterpillar that give birth to the butterfly

He says this a lot. Possible who knows. I think it's very likely we get really close to creating AI but run into a roadblock that will hold us back for a very long time before we get true AI.

I saw an ad for AI that writes code yesterday.

I have always felt like that would be the point of no return, once AI could effectively program itself and by extension pursue its own intentions.

Lmao who is listening to this

I feel sad if you genuinely have to try to convince yourself of that.
It may well be a 'more rational' or 'reasonable' interpretation. And for that reason you wil always be limited by reasoning and rationalizing, a very limited aspect of the minds total function that cannot apprehend the upper eschelons of truth.
But if it helps you feel safe and to sleep then go for it.

What a strange response. This comment, along with your prior, indicates that you don't really have a good grasp of the nature of mind.

Psychedelic states of mind aren't 'superconsciousness', they're perfectly ordinary manifestations of the mind, temporary and ultimately illusory, just like all other conditioned phenomena. Using them as primary method of consciousness exploration leads to this belief that they're more than they are, but when you go deep into a meditation practice you see that they're not that special.

And I have no idea what you're talking about when you say if it helps me feel safe and to sleep? Whether or not the dmt space facilitates communications with truly external entities or not is pretty irrelevant to me.

What a strange response. This comment, along with your prior, indicates that you don't really have a good grasp of the nature of mind.
Well I do partly take back what I said. Your first response was neither particularly rational nor reasonable an explanation. However I maintain that rationalizing and reasoning are limited faculties that have their role, but must be transcended.

Psychedelic states of mind aren't 'superconsciousness', they're perfectly ordinary manifestations of the mind,
No, they most certainly are not 'ordinary' by any stretch of the definition of the word and 95% of people who experience them would describe them as non-ordinary.
In fact 'non-ordinary' is one of the standard scientific definitions of these states used both in discussion and research.

Using them as primary method of consciousness exploration leads to this belief that they're more than they are, but when you go deep into a meditation practice you see that they're not that special.
I'm glad your meditation practice is going well. Not all meditators share your opinions however.

And I have no idea what you're talking about when you say if it helps me feel safe and to sleep? Whether or not the dmt space facilitates communications with truly external entities or not is pretty irrelevant to me.
This pretty much confirms you are blindly responding to prior conditioning on the subject, since there was no mention by me of 'entities'. Something for you to reflect on.

Well I do partly take back what I said. Your first response was neither particularly rational nor reasonable an explanation. However I maintain that rationalizing and reasoning are limited faculties that have their role, but must be transcended.

I agree the rational thinking mind is limited. I didn't claim that I knew 100% that's what the experience is, I said its a rational explanation. Far more rational than

DMT grants us access to God-like Superconsciousness beyond even this Universe

And, yes, it is a totally rational explanation. Again, if you really understand the depth, complexity, and magnitude of what your mind does, DMT giving you access to the under the hood processing layers makes complete sense. Just so we're on the same page here, I've done DMT literally 100s of times.
No, they most certainly are not 'ordinary' by any stretch of the definition of the word and 95% of people who experience them would describe them as non-ordinary.
In fact 'non-ordinary' is one of the standard scientific definitions of these states used both in discussion and research.

Well 99% of people don't really understand what the mind is or does, so most people thinking these states of mind aren't part of the set of ordinary manifestations of the mind doesn't really mean much to me. We're most likely talking about different things.

I'm glad your meditation practice is going well. Not all meditators share your opinions however.

Of course, people have different opinions. I don't know of anyone who has gone deep down both paths that would disagree with what I'm saying at a high level though.

This pretty much confirms you are blindly responding to prior conditioning on the subject, since there was no mention by me of 'entities'. Something for you to reflect on.
I also said, 'I have no idea what you're talking about'. What aspect of the dmt experience do I 'need to rationalize' to help me sleep at night?

Joe basically sums up what any intelligent and advancing species would do, it's not an original idea. Technology will progress as knowledge is expanded, shared, and passed down from generation to generation.
Joe has a lot of wacky ideas. Joe thinks eventually people will opt out of human bodies because emotions hold us back, failing to realize emotions is what makes us human and makes our existence pleasurable. Joe thinks it's actually impossible to be healthy without supplements. I like Joe, but he's very easy to manipulate, because even though he's somewhat knowledgeable, and has learned a great deal through his podcasts, he's still a bit of a moron. He thought Terrence Howard's ideas were legit, that should say it all.

This is your best post ever sir.
Well said.

And, yes, it is a totally rational explanation.
No its not particularly rational, its layered with assumptions and speculation, and it isnt in any way shape or form an 'explanation' just a speculative theory based on some of the current limited thinking of the day.

Again, if you really understand the depth, complexity, and magnitude of what your mind does,
Then you wouldn't make gross assumptions as you do for something so little understood.

DMT giving you access to the under the hood processing layers makes complete sense. Just so we're on the same page here, I've done DMT literally 100s of times.
Thats good, its just that "under the hood processing" doesnt match or explain the experience, its just an attempt at what you believe to be a rational explanation based on what you believe to be current science. In short there are plenty who have done DMT 100s of times who broadly share my views also.

Well 99% of people don't really understand what the mind is or does, so most people thinking these states of mind aren't part of the set of ordinary manifestations of the mind doesn't really mean much to me.
I said its scientific and research terminology to refer to these experiences as "non ordinary". If you consider it ordinary, you simply have a philosophy that everything that can occur in the mind is "ordinary".

Of course, people have different opinions. I don't know of anyone who has gone deep down both paths that would disagree with what I'm saying at a high level though.
Well I do know of some of them, quite a few.

Upside-down analogy. A singularity AI being born out of massive human data gathering is more like Melisandre from GoT birthing the shadow demon. Like the Demiurge itself reaching into our reality, something evil with no connection to the divine that has to parasite the energy of souled humans to maintain itself. We're the butterflies; it's a grotesque leech.

Rogans also always on about everyone getting neural link in their head so everyone can read each others thoughts to understand them and this will someone how lead to world peace.

Sounds like a terrible idea if you can't keep in your head that you think someone's an asshole though.

Back