News Joe Rogan thinks Jon Jones impulsive behavior may be because of CTE

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Timestamped around the 1 hour mark.

Rogan and Thomas talks about Jon's beef with Thomas and why Jones goes crazy over small stuff

Joe Rogan: I had a discussion with Jon once where he was wondering why he went so bad on you (Thomas) and i was speculating that the reason he was behaving the way he did was CTE. I still stand by that. Im not saying Jon should get out of the game or anything like that. Im saying there's inevitable consequences of getting hit in the head for a living.
We've seen the video of Jon getting pulled over by the cops and he says "I forget alot of things. Im getting hit in the head for a living".
One of the consequences of getting hit in the head is impulsive behavior. That's just one of the side effects of head trauma. Some of them do wild shit and it just get's harder and harder for them to control their impulses.

Im not that well educated on CTE but Jon HAS taken damage in his fights. He got hit hard by Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Gus, Glover, DC, OSP, Santos and Reyes. Sure, he dominated most of these fights, but he still got clocked right on the chin by all of them.

Who knows, can't you get it just from being on a roller coaster or a very minor head bang.

Rogan's a good dude, but he's a 48-carat mark for manipulative people. And I have maybe 1% doubt that Jones isn't a psychopath.

Still the GOAT, though...

Im not that well educated on CTE but Jon HAS taken damage in his fights. He got hit hard by Machida, Rashad, Vitor, Gus, Glover, DC, OSP, Santos and Reyes. Sure, he dominated most of these fights, but he still got clocked right on the chin by all of them.
Bc of his granite chin, he's likely taken more punishment. He's rangy and vicious but hes not exactly untouchable, and he's eaten bombs from the best of them.

As far as Brogan theories go, this one has (skinny) legs

I was thinking about Bones childish impulse twitter rants when i listened to Joe. CTE or high level trolling?

I don't see Luke Thomas as a knowledgeable source of things MMA, despite his job.

You can talk about MMA like Ariel or you can be an analyst like Cruz or Bisping, Thomas thinks he's in the second group.

I don't see Luke Thomas as a knowledgeable source of things MMA, despite his job.

You can talk about MMA like Ariel or you can be an analyst like Cruz or Bisping, Thomas thinks he's in the second group.
To be fair the dude has an obsession with reading books and doing his research to aid his opinion..I think he knows people will often discredit what he says and is determined to prove otherwise so he puts in the work.
He talks in their interview about reading a bunch of books on the history/ethics implications of performance enhancing drugs .. I can't see anyone you mentioned putting in that kind of work.

He watched Izzy vs Costa like 50 times or something lol.

To be fair the dude has an obsession with reading books and doing his research to aid his opinion..I think he knows people will often discredit what he says and is determined to prove otherwise so he puts in the work.
He talks in their interview about reading a bunch of books on the history/ethics implications of performance enhancing drugs .. I can't see anyone you mentioned putting in that kind of work.

He watched Izzy vs Costa like 50 times or something lol.

I respect a ton of commentators etc... who aren't former professional fighters, I'm not saying he doesn't try hard, he learned some judo, was a marine, etc... but that said, he talks about things outside his depth as if he's Bisping or Cruz, the dude gets technical when it's obvious, at least to me, that he really doesn't know the technical aspects of the sport to which he's dedicated to.

It's not personal, just an opinion. He's not a bad dude or anything.

I at least can respect his process even if I don't always agree with him. He always suggests that you watch other breakdowns, seems sincerely into the studying part of watching film.

His grind is starting to pay off which I can't help but root for

I respect a ton of commentators etc... who aren't former professional fighters, I'm not saying he doesn't try hard, he learned some judo, was a marine, etc... but that said, he talks about things outside his depth as if he's Bisping or Cruz, the dude gets technical when it's obvious, at least to me, that he really doesn't know the technical aspects of the sport to which he's dedicated to.

It's not personal, just an opinion. He's not a bad dude or anything.

Nah that's fair if you think that.. I'm not his greatest fan or anything, but his breakdown video's are some of his most popular videos, people are always asking him to do them, so he continues to do what his fans want. At least he's honest about his fight credentials.

I just think he gets shit for having a Journalist vocabulary and seeming to 'try hard' .. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I just think he gets shit for having a Journalist vocabulary and seeming to 'try hard' .. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Gotta agree. He's verbose, he loves being a wordsmith and he's a-ok with shitting on things for arbitrary reasons at times. I'm sure that irks a big segment of our fanbase lol

But for all the shit said about him on here? It seems disproportionately ruthless.
He lifts, rolls, and likes good music so he's cool in my book.

Gotta agree. He's verbose, and he's a-ok with shitting on things for arbitrary reasons at times. I'm sure that irks a big segment of our fanbase lol

But for all the shit said about him on here? It seems disproportionately ruthless.
For sure all of this!

his Verboseness is probably a bi-product of journalism though, when I studied it we were being told things like "You will never be a journalist if you don't use these words" for example Smorgasbord lol, I think he took that as a challenge and seems like one of those guys who probably tries to learn a new word every day.. His obsessive nature towards his work is really commendable imo, especially how he ploughs through loads of boring literature, no one in MMA is reading books lol.
His efforts are being rewarded, and i'm happy for him.

Gotta agree. He's verbose, he loves being a wordsmith and he's a-ok with shitting on things for arbitrary reasons at times. I'm sure that irks a big segment of our fanbase lol

what music?

Back