News Joe Rogan thinks Jon Jones impulsive behavior may be because of CTE

Say it ain’t so Joe. Fight Club, 1st rule we do not invite curiosity into areas of legal risk. Com’ on Joe, WTF. Joe is doing fine on his own so he can speak more freely regardless of falling out of favor with UFC. Jones and UFC counter , Dr know~little Joe recreational habits could impair his thinking, Joe wasted again.

As other posters have suggested, Jon has been behaving this way since early in his career. A more likely candidate for Jon’s antisocial antics is substance abuse, something that has also been consistent in his career from the start until present day... this isn’t rocket science, give a young man with a history of compulsive behavior and poor decision making a boatload of money with unlimited supplies of drugs while living in Albuquerque, NM and bad things are bound to happen.

The facts of the matter is that Jon would behave the way her does whether he was a professional fighter or not. Overeem has been walking around with CTE for the last decade, but you never read about him sandblasting prostitutes or hitting pregant women

Aside from Khabib, which top fighter with 20+ fights has taken less damage than Jones? It's hard for me to recall anyone. On top of that Jones has iron chin and has taken huge breaks from the sport (mostly because of his off the octagon antics). Probably Jones doesn't have any sign of CTE in his brain.

Why acts impulsive? Maybe because he is an impulsive person? Maybe because he is an drug addict? Maybe because he (probably) is a sociopath? Those things are way more likely than CTE.

The most impulsive I've ever been at any one moment in my life was while heavily drinking and doing cocaine.

CTE isn't a get off excuse for everything. Yes, he's a professional fighter, he probably has brain damage, hard not to. I guarantee most offensive lineman in the NFL have about the equivalent of brain damage. So what, he put himself in that situation, it's still on him to act like a decent human being. And if his brain damage makes him incapable of that, it's on him to get professional and medical help to reign that in.

And if you have impulsive behavior because of brain damage and a doctor can diagnose that, it's irresponsible for any athletic commission to grant that fighter a license.

I don't give Chris Benoit that bullshit CTE excuse for why he killed his family, maybe it played a role but doubt it gives someone days long psychotic episodes.

Quit making excuses for the guy. He’s a text book sociopath. He really doesn’t get hit in the head that much.

You all don't know about Joes medical degree? He got it from the University of Pseudoscience

Timestamped around the 1 hour mark.

Rogan and Thomas talks about Jon's beef with Thomas and why Jones goes crazy over small stuff

Joe Rogan: I had a discussion with Jon once where he was wondering why he went so bad on you (Thomas) and i was speculating that the reason he was behaving the way he did was CTE. I still stand by that. Im not saying Jon should get out of the game or anything like that. Im saying there's inevitable consequences of getting hit in the head for a living.
We've seen the video of Jon getting pulled over by the cops and he says "I forget alot of things. Im getting hit in the head for a living".
One of the consequences of getting hit in the head is impulsive behavior. That's just one of the side effects of head trauma. Some of them do wild shit and it just get's harder and harder for them to control their impulses.

Another ridiculous idea from Joe. Jon has always been a sociopath. If you read the stories of his past the guy was constantly making bad choices and doing risky shit. Think there was a rumor of him having another baby mama too that he got pregnant during an orgy lol

Jones used to rat on people for smoking weed back in high school. He has always been a sociopath

its entirely possible

Remember young anti drug jones who swore he didnt even use reafer ... And bashed people who did later to find out he was smokin pot even doing cocain the whole time

Oh well, if Joe ROGAN says it.....

Overeem doesn't act like a sociopath, he knows what CTE is all about though.
Brain trauma manifests differently in different people. It can change a person so much so that who they were before the trauma is gone.
I met an older family friend who changed. He went from calm, compassionate, never raised a hand or a finger to anyone for 50+ years, then a really bad car accident. Then a bunch of episodes. Constant headaches, confusion and sleep deprevation. Then after a few years the violence started. It's painful for everyone, especially him. He's frail and his outbursts aren't these planned attacks, its just an angry (maybe helpless is a better word) and confused person constantly misunderstanding the world around him and years of frustration building up. It's like he recognizes you and knows who you are but he isn't him. It's hard to explain beyond that.

I see the same qualities in fighters a lot before and after big fights. And I mean see literally. It's like it's in their eyes, that lack of presence in the moment... glazed over almost. Or it's like they try really hard to act like they think WE think they should because they still can read people's faces and tell something is wrong but it's really just pretending to be the person they think they are expected to...

Combat sports and it's injuries (specifically brain trauma) + substance abuse issues + fame and $$$$ = what could go wrong.

<JonesLaugh>

Brain trauma manifests differently in different people. It can change a person so much so that who they were before the trauma is gone.
I met an older family friend who changed. He went from calm, compassionate, never raised a hand or a finger to anyone for 50+ years, then a really bad car accident. Then a bunch of episodes. Constant headaches, confusion and sleep deprevation. Then after a few years the violence started. It's painful for everyone, especially him. He's frail and his outbursts aren't these planned attacks, its just an angry (maybe helpless is a better word) and confused person constantly misunderstanding the world around him and years of frustration building up. It's like he recognizes you and knows who you are but he isn't him. It's hard to explain beyond that.

I see the same qualities in fighters a lot before and after big fights. And I mean see literally. It's like it's in their eyes, that lack of presence in the moment... glazed over almost.
Poor jon

I don't think it's CTE. I believe it's more or less his being, the way he is. The guy is just an impulsive, pathological liar a narcissist. It's just in his nature to what he has done.

The question I ask was how was he before he became an MMA fighter? Was he impulsive back than as well?

His Luke Thomas thing is CTE? Occam's Razor - find the simple explanation.

Jones has an ego, he carries a grudge, and Thomas has trashed him in the past for his personal behavior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back