Rumored Joe Rogan Struggles with Larger and Louder Alphas Like Stephen A. Smith

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Rogan could barely fight Smith face to face ("I disagree"), so he ran back to his safe Podcast space to strike back, laugh at him, and "expose" him.

source.gif

Joe Rogan is a confident alpha-male. The hilarious comic and UFC personality isn’t afraid to call out [. . .], [. . .] and [. . .].

I’m an MMA fan; I think I know what Joe Rogan is all about. As a result, I find his reaction to ESPN’s resident yelling head Stephen A. Smith’s evaluation of the Conor McGregor vs. Cowboy Cerrone fight amusing.

giphy.gif

. . .

The UFC And Rogan Can’t Have It Both Ways

Sorry Joe, but Cowboy’s performance was terrible, and as a professional athlete he’s subject to the same scrutiny and criticism as any other sportsman or woman who underperforms. His family being in attendance makes not a bit of difference.

The UFC can’t crave the limelight, thumping its chest when it scores a lucrative TV deal with a legit sports broadcaster only to wilt and cry when one of their fighters gets a verbal bashing from someone who bashes people for a living.

Joe Rogan should be happy that ESPN cares enough to send a major hitter like Smith to the event at all, and Cerrone should take it as a badge of honor as well. Having someone of the caliber of Stephen A. Smith ripping you a new one means that you’re relevant.

Rogan claiming that Smith’s tirade against Cerrone is “a bad look for the sport” is laughable, especially since we’re talking about a company that showcased a former pro wrestler with zero combat sports ability when they threw CM Punk onto a PPV in 2016.

tenor.gif

His claim that Smith isn’t the type of person that belongs in MMA is ridiculous. Stop crying, Joe, and just enjoy basking in Stephen A (as in Alpha)'s spotlight for a bit.

ea3cf2c0-f3af-11e9-bff7-27bc0188666d

https://www.ccn.com/stephen-a-smith-dropping-truth-bombs-on-the-ufc-upsets-joe-rogan/

Steve is an absolute hack. I've heard him rant about Fedor sucking and that's all that needs to be said about that knobhead. I don't usually agree with Joe but he has way more credibility than that guy.

You're Reading/Writing too much into this.

I like Joe Rogan, he's mostly a good commentator and seems honest and down to earth.

I also like Stephen A. he shouts a lot, but it's ultimately in the name of entertainment and he seems like a decent guy underneath it all.

Can't we all just get along?

Why would Rogan belong more to the sport than Smith? Neither are fighters

Nothing really "Alpha" about this basketball nerd.
He flaps his skinny arms like he flaps his fat gums.

Steve is an absolute hack. I've heard him rant about Fedor sucking and that's all that needs to be said about that knobhead. I don't usually agree with Joe but he has way more credibility than that guy.
Yeah I highly doubt that

Smith probably doesn't even know who Fedor is

Source?

Its true

I remember when bisping came on his show rogan turned into a passive beta. That's why he bullies jamie

Rogan is an actual martial artist who knows the game and is respectful of fighters.

SAS is a loud mouth dude who Sherdog would describe as a “filthy casual.”

Rogan didn’t destroy him on air because he can’t. It’s T.V. But he does express his opinion truly on his podcast.

All of this makes sense to me.

Lol at thinking Stephen A. Smith is alpha.
He’s just a meme generating loudmouth with a passion for sports.

Rogan kept it professional. No point in trying to argue with SAS on live TV. Rogan only has to worry about SAS's downward nut punches.

The only real journalism Stephen A ever did was follow Iverson around during his prime years in Philly.

With that being said, Rogan totally pussied out like TS said and waited to get back on his podcast before starting beef.

Rogan could barely fight Smith face to face ("I disagree"), so he ran back to his safe Podcast space to strike back, laugh at him, and "expose" him.

source.gif

Joe Rogan is a confident alpha-male. The hilarious comic and UFC personality isn’t afraid to call out [. . .], [. . .] and [. . .].

I’m an MMA fan; I think I know what Joe Rogan is all about. As a result, I find his reaction to ESPN’s resident yelling head Stephen A. Smith’s evaluation of the Conor McGregor vs. Cowboy Cerrone fight amusing.

giphy.gif

. . .

The UFC And Rogan Can’t Have It Both Ways

Sorry Joe, but Cowboy’s performance was terrible, and as a professional athlete he’s subject to the same scrutiny and criticism as any other sportsman or woman who underperforms. His family being in attendance makes not a bit of difference.

The UFC can’t crave the limelight, thumping its chest when it scores a lucrative TV deal with a legit sports broadcaster only to wilt and cry when one of their fighters gets a verbal bashing from someone who bashes people for a living.

Joe Rogan should be happy that ESPN cares enough to send a major hitter like Smith to the event at all, and Cerrone should take it as a badge of honor as well. Having someone of the caliber of Stephen A. Smith ripping you a new one means that you’re relevant.

Rogan claiming that Smith’s tirade against Cerrone is “a bad look for the sport” is laughable, especially since we’re talking about a company that showcased a former pro wrestler with zero combat sports ability when they threw CM Punk onto a PPV in 2016.

tenor.gif

His claim that Smith isn’t the type of person that belongs in MMA is ridiculous. Stop crying, Joe, and just enjoy basking in Stephen A (as in Alpha)'s spotlight for a bit.

ea3cf2c0-f3af-11e9-bff7-27bc0188666d

https://www.ccn.com/stephen-a-smith-dropping-truth-bombs-on-the-ufc-upsets-joe-rogan/

You make good points besides the alpha nonsense

Joe is a UFC shill and company man. He claimed Ronda was a once in a lifetime athlete and sucked Edmonds balls when Ronda was big, but did a U-turn as soon as she started losing. He has no issues with claiming random fighters are on PEDs but did everything to defend and obfuscate Jons case even to the point where he massively deleted critical comments under his own youtube videos.

As much as I hate SAS and think he's a dumbass, at least he's genuine and calls it how he sees it. Rogan, on the other hand, is a snake which is why he opened his mouth a week after the fight and to attack SAS instead of saying it right then and there.

You dont need to be a fighter or a ufc commentator on the regular. To feel that fight was fixed lol. Dana has taken the sport as far as it will go. With him running things. He needs to be replaced. Theres more ufc events then ever. Yet I find my self watching it less. I use to pay for 2-3 (gsp.silva and bones PPV)ppvs a year. Now i pay for none.

Back