Rumored Joe Rogan Struggles with Larger and Louder Alphas Like Stephen A. Smith

I don't like both.

Hope they fight and it ends in double KO.

Stephen is hitting like his opponent is on his knees, which would be about right vs. Joe.

SAS in an all time great when it comes to shouting people down. You know he would have 100% of pro fighters speechless if they tried to debate him on anything, it doesn't mean he's too Alpha for them to handle.

He is a Bernie supporter, so being alpha is more or less out of the question.

LOL @ any idiot who thought that Smith was going to apologize.

He's ESPN's highest paid on air talent.

His idiotic hot takes are part of the network's brand, and he's going to be back in the booth the next time Conor or another big draw has a huge fight lined up.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Anyone using the term 'alpha' cannot be taken seriously.

But sure, why didn't Rogan have a full on agruement with some ESPN backed talking head on what is going to be one of the biggest ppvs of the year? Can't imagine why...

That said, one of the funniest things to come out of this is Josh Thomson's forced laughter on JRE while watching the vid of Stevie hitting pads.

Joe still clearing out the sand after somebody dared to disagree with him on live national tv.

Steve is an absolute hack. I've heard him rant about Fedor sucking and that's all that needs to be said about that knobhead. I don't usually agree with Joe but he has way more credibility than that guy.
I think that was Shannon Sharpe

Steve is an absolute hack. I've heard him rant about Fedor sucking and that's all that needs to be said about that knobhead. I don't usually agree with Joe but he has way more credibility than that guy.
Fedor those suck tho

Yeah I highly doubt that

Smith probably doesn't even know who Fedor is

Source?

I think that was Shannon Sharpe

Holy shit. Thank you. It was Shannon Sharpe. Whoever the fook he is. I spent ages trying to find it. Cheers for this. I take back everything I said about Stephen A Smith.

Rogan could barely fight Smith face to face ("I disagree"), so he ran back to his safe Podcast space to strike back, laugh at him, and "expose" him.

source.gif

Joe Rogan is a confident alpha-male. The hilarious comic and UFC personality isn’t afraid to call out [. . .], [. . .] and [. . .].

I’m an MMA fan; I think I know what Joe Rogan is all about. As a result, I find his reaction to ESPN’s resident yelling head Stephen A. Smith’s evaluation of the Conor McGregor vs. Cowboy Cerrone fight amusing.

giphy.gif

. . .

The UFC And Rogan Can’t Have It Both Ways

Sorry Joe, but Cowboy’s performance was terrible, and as a professional athlete he’s subject to the same scrutiny and criticism as any other sportsman or woman who underperforms. His family being in attendance makes not a bit of difference.

The UFC can’t crave the limelight, thumping its chest when it scores a lucrative TV deal with a legit sports broadcaster only to wilt and cry when one of their fighters gets a verbal bashing from someone who bashes people for a living.

Joe Rogan should be happy that ESPN cares enough to send a major hitter like Smith to the event at all, and Cerrone should take it as a badge of honor as well. Having someone of the caliber of Stephen A. Smith ripping you a new one means that you’re relevant.

Rogan claiming that Smith’s tirade against Cerrone is “a bad look for the sport” is laughable, especially since we’re talking about a company that showcased a former pro wrestler with zero combat sports ability when they threw CM Punk onto a PPV in 2016.

tenor.gif

His claim that Smith isn’t the type of person that belongs in MMA is ridiculous. Stop crying, Joe, and just enjoy basking in Stephen A (as in Alpha)'s spotlight for a bit.

ea3cf2c0-f3af-11e9-bff7-27bc0188666d

https://www.ccn.com/stephen-a-smith-dropping-truth-bombs-on-the-ufc-upsets-joe-rogan/

the arrogance from dana and joe sometimes is just nonsense bullshit.

both these men think because they've been involved in the sport more than anyone that the beliefs or views they have supersedes anyone else with an opinion or view.

freedom of speech and opinion, nobody likes the condescending, ignorant comments dana says but he still gets away with it....if we gotta hear both these loud mouths voice there opinions then they need to suck it up and accept others views/opinions as well even if they disagree.

Smith said nothing ignorant or offensive....many fans think cowboy folded and choked....I believe he got hurt with those shots and mentally gave up and froze, panic mode like a deer staring at headlights not able to get his head into the game and react.

Smith was right, after the first shoulder shot to the nose he should've turned his head or got a td, or did something, not just continue to clinch and keep in range taking shots, instead backing up and taking a leg kick and continuing to back up and take damage instead of circling away or moving away from conor's strikes....i think by that point cerrone had already accepted defeat many fighters have kept fighting with broken noses or orbitals....kos fought gsp the 2nd time with a broke orbital, maybe cerrone was hurt by conor's strikes but him also choking during the biggest fight he'll ever have in his mma career is definitely something that could've happened and looked that way as well.

in closing both dana a rogan have this obsession over conor and make him out to being more than what he actually is....most of all his success is because the ufc gives him special treatment, and because of $$$, if you keep giving him title shots against opponents he's likely to beat then it's really not impressive.

what conor lacks is title defenses and for that reason he's well below on the goat or p4p list...how much money he makes and how popular you are means shit when it comes to what you've accomplished in the sport of mma especially if you have zero title defenses.

people can say the same about gsp/bisping since gsp had no previous fights at mw nor did he climb up the ladder to earn the title shot but the reality is gsp accomplished more than conor will ever accomplish and with 9 title defenses in row undefeated ww champion, gsp was more deserving of skipping the rest to get a title shot unlike conor/eddie for the lw belt and then conor loses and has no belt...his win over cerrone at 170 should not have any barring on where he stands in the ranking at lw, he should have to fight a couple times at lw before even talking about a rematch with the champion at lw.

Last edited:
In Joe's mind: Black alpha > White alpha. He saw the outline of Smith's package in his dress pants and started to see him a the alpha in the room. His outbursts are just himself reconciling to his inner fears.

They should let Joe provide commentary on the NBA and women’s soccer too.

Rogan could barely fight Smith face to face ("I disagree"), so he ran back to his safe Podcast space to strike back, laugh at him, and "expose" him.

source.gif

Joe Rogan is a confident alpha-male. The hilarious comic and UFC personality isn’t afraid to call out [. . .], [. . .] and [. . .].

I’m an MMA fan; I think I know what Joe Rogan is all about. As a result, I find his reaction to ESPN’s resident yelling head Stephen A. Smith’s evaluation of the Conor McGregor vs. Cowboy Cerrone fight amusing.

giphy.gif

. . .

The UFC And Rogan Can’t Have It Both Ways

Sorry Joe, but Cowboy’s performance was terrible, and as a professional athlete he’s subject to the same scrutiny and criticism as any other sportsman or woman who underperforms. His family being in attendance makes not a bit of difference.

The UFC can’t crave the limelight, thumping its chest when it scores a lucrative TV deal with a legit sports broadcaster only to wilt and cry when one of their fighters gets a verbal bashing from someone who bashes people for a living.

Joe Rogan should be happy that ESPN cares enough to send a major hitter like Smith to the event at all, and Cerrone should take it as a badge of honor as well. Having someone of the caliber of Stephen A. Smith ripping you a new one means that you’re relevant.

Rogan claiming that Smith’s tirade against Cerrone is “a bad look for the sport” is laughable, especially since we’re talking about a company that showcased a former pro wrestler with zero combat sports ability when they threw CM Punk onto a PPV in 2016.

tenor.gif

His claim that Smith isn’t the type of person that belongs in MMA is ridiculous. Stop crying, Joe, and just enjoy basking in Stephen A (as in Alpha)'s spotlight for a bit.

ea3cf2c0-f3af-11e9-bff7-27bc0188666d

https://www.ccn.com/stephen-a-smith-dropping-truth-bombs-on-the-ufc-upsets-joe-rogan/

He's struggling more with someone telling some truth and taking the narrative away from Dana and his minion Rogan.

Two separate issues, is he a competent MMA analyst, and did he make a solid point...He made a valid point , just because Joe and the UFC dont like to honestly evaluate certain fighters and situations, doesn’t make it right..or wrong to do...Smith offers an opinion that most of us agree with....No Problem with it..

Back