Media Joe Rogan: ''Khabib is the MMA GOAT '' Vol.46

I think it’s pretty uncontroversial that he is the most dominant. He doesn't seem to think he lost any rounds, which is wrong

GSP, Jones, Fedor, Anderson, Aldo

Those 5 are certainly far more accomplished than Khabib, but they have had their losing moments, unlike Khabib who has pretty much dominated every encounter. I still rank the majority of those 5 higher than Khabib on a GOAT list due to accomplishments (along with DJ)

Jones is undefeated and has a far better resume, GSP while not being undefeated still has a much better resume than Khabib.

I appreciate the lengthy and thoughtful comment, but still disagree with a few things.
Let's say we have two guys who - everything else exactly equal - weigh the same, but one has more muscle, while the other one has more fat.
The more muscular one will - depending on big large the difference is - have a significantly easier time cutting weight, since muscle is mostly made up of water.
This is a large part of why DC had always trouble cutting weight.
In regards to Holloway vs Romero, it should also be noted, that Romero is MUCH more muscular. Romero could indeed make 170 - just not with that (huge) amount of muscle.

All of what Cormier achieved, is not because/with help of his physique, but in spite of that, which is one of the reasons i rate him so highly.
Even with a sturdy build, i have to respectfully disagree with you that Daniel Cormier - had he had a somewhat low body fat percentage - would not be able to make 185; He's 5'11" with short arms; unless he's doing body building, he would not walk around much over 200 pounds, if he had a low body fat percentage.
Everything is made up mostly of water. That's not a designation. Your premise is fundamentally flawed. What one can do with fat is burn it, shed it, reduce it without hurting strength, stamina or performance, which is not true of muscle - you have to keep that muscle tissues. And is Romero is MUCH more muscular than Holloway, doesn't that also mean, according to your premise, that he can cut that much more water weight?

So, getting fit and training, you can simply lose excess fat you have over what your body is determined to keep, so cutting or not really doesn't enter into the picture if you're talking excess fat.

Two guys, same height, which, again is NOT true for DC and Romero, since Romero is 5' 9", aren't going to necessarily be the same based on muscles vs fat, alone. Bones, organ, bone density..... none of that stuff is something you can alter, and it's going to vary from person to person. How much fat someone can shed without also having to lose muscle mass, or to put their organs in distress is also not uniformly the same. So, while Romero may walk around with a lower body fat percentage, he may be built to not carry that fat. Some body composition IS genetic. How much fat DC's body tries to retain, and will try to keep at the expense of muscle tissue isn't going to be the same.

You've fallen into this Sherdog myth that everyone can pretty much cut unlimited weight.

Your premise seems to be that if DC didn't have the body he has, and magically transformed his body into some other body, then he'd be able to cut to 185 because he's 5' 11". That's not how it works. It really isn't.

He is not the GOAT. Never fought any wrestlers in the UFC, and never went up weight.

What a fucking shill what a fucking midget ass shill whose lifts are about as tall as his steroid-using small ass.

Everything is made up mostly of water. That's not a designation. Your premise is fundamentally flawed. What one can do with fat is burn it, shed it, reduce it without hurting strength, stamina or performance, which is not true of muscle - you have to keep that muscle tissues. And is Romero is MUCH more muscular than Holloway, doesn't that also mean, according to your premise, that he can cut that much more water weight?

So, getting fit and training, you can simply lose excess fat you have over what your body is determined to keep, so cutting or not really doesn't enter into the picture if you're talking excess fat.

Two guys, same height, which, again is NOT true for DC and Romero, since Romero is 5' 9", aren't going to necessarily be the same based on muscles vs fat, alone. Bones, organ, bone density..... none of that stuff is something you can alter, and it's going to vary from person to person. How much fat someone can shed without also having to lose muscle mass, or to put their organs in distress is also not uniformly the same. So, while Romero may walk around with a lower body fat percentage, he may be built to not carry that fat. Some body composition IS genetic. How much fat DC's body tries to retain, and will try to keep at the expense of muscle tissue isn't going to be the same.

You've fallen into this Sherdog myth that everyone can pretty much cut unlimited weight.

Your premise seems to be that if DC didn't have the body he has, and magically transformed his body into some other body, then he'd be able to cut to 185 because he's 5' 11". That's not how it works. It really isn't.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree then.

This confirms he’s not GOAT.

Rogan said better things about Ronda too and we all saw how that stood the test of time lol

This confirms he’s not GOAT.

Rogan said better things about Ronda too and we all saw how that stood the test of time lol
I he was really GOAT, Rogan would have declared him to be the GOATiest GOAT of all GOATS in the history of human GOAT-ness, traversing all boundaries of the GOAT-time-space-sports continuum.

Just saying someone is GOAT is something that happens with his daily morning coffee.

Those 5 are certainly far more accomplished than Khabib, but they have had their losing moments, unlike Khabib who has pretty much dominated every encounter. I still rank the majority of those 5 higher than Khabib on a GOAT list due to accomplishments (along with DJ)

Retiring super early after only 3 title defenses doesn't make your GOAT claim better, it makes it worse.

Back