• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because he's good at basketball and an A-level (with supplements) doesn't mean he'd automatically be a world beater.

No one knows how he'd react to getting hit or hitting someone with your money shot and they come right back at you.

That said, he would certainly mow through amateur and low level fighters.

NBA players probably have the best build for mma
What ever would even bring you to that conclusion ?

Tall people with higher center of gravity are pretty the exact opposite of what you see in wrestling and grappling....a guy like jones was the exception to the rule

Stipe is the only ufc champ over 6 feet tall btw

<36>

Most elite athletes wouldn’t be good at MMA or boxing.

Most people simply can’t tolerate punches to the face. Athletes are tougher than average, but most of them couldn’t either.

If every NBA or NFL player went into MMA, yes, a number would be championship level.

But there is no single player for whom you could say, he’d be championship level. The attributes required to be a top fighter are too rare.

There are plenty of young guys with good boxing skill, but can’t take a punch. Remember that the top fighters we see are the guys who survived this natural selection - they are the guys with abnormal chins. Even guys known for “glass” chins, probably have decent chins compared to the random male.

Can Lebron take a punch? Does he have a glass jaw? We don’t know.

If you gave me 100 different dudes with Lebron’s athleticism, I’d say a number would be champ level. But you can’t make that claim about Lebron specifically.
I'm sorry but where do you get this stuff from? The best fighters today are the guys who impose their will the best not the guys who can take a punch the best (that is a key quality though). How can I say this? A decade of mma training, coaching, and fighter recruitment for a top ten mma company.
Top trait I look for....... ATHLETICISM. MMA is just like any other sport where being more athletic than the other guy is important, the difference being the kind of specific athleticism required.

Last edited:
Lol rogan is a verified sherdogger...im calling it now

From what ive seen over the years, theres seems to be quite alot of basketball fans that drift over here in the heavies, moreso than football fans imo....or at least sherdog is more obsessed with the thought of NBA players being what a MMA fighter could be......which is kind of bizarre considering its a sport where you get fouled for even attempting too much physical contact

Football players are faster, more powerful, at least twice as strong, can jump as high or more...all while at a larger bodyweight

Obviously im a NFL mark....but even im impartial to see it ridiculous to think that wellspring for premier "physicality" talent in wrestling, grappling and striking....would
come from the brittle boned "national pituitary association" of all places

Someone like you always talks slick shit when black athletes are praised. Don't think your coded bullshit does not stick out.
Lmao it is kind of bizarre to just claim him the "best athlete"....if you just said best current badketball player, then you'd probably woukdnt recuwve an arguement

Lebron runs a 4.9 40 yard dash with his weight now(jeremy shockey said so)

If i just grabbed a former player from a team i dont like....like the chargers For comparison,

olshansky_1136173a.jpg

ex NFL player igor olshansky who was 6'6 and 320 pounds as a player,
had a draft vertical of 33 1/2 inches
( more than kevin durant)

A 4.9 40 yard dash(faster than lebron while weighing over 50 pounds more than james at his 260 plus pound heaviest weight)

And he bench pressed 225 pounds 43 times! ( NBA players bench 185 pounds for reps in their draft lmao)

.....not saying athletes like lebron or russell westbrook couldnt cut it....just saying my money is on the more physical and athletic sport...football

...Also rogan is a cuck

Last edited:
I think you under estimate the toughness of a hockey player and are overestimating that size beats skill good sir.

LeBron gets knocked down by the passing wind when someone walks by him. You think hed be tough enough to take on Bieksa on skates or George Laraque in a street fight ?

Royce Gracie & Brock taught us size doesnt always beat skill.
jeez, the girl in your av has a huge cock

There is a lot of qualities a fighter needs to have that is not a given just because you are a good athlete.

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.

LOL all Ronald does Is run, not as athletic as jones

Fighters are lucky Joe chose to commentate instead of bang in the octagon

I'm sorry but where do you get this stuff from? The best fighters today are the guys who impose their will the best not the guys who can take a punch the best (that is a key quality though). How can I say this? A decade of mma training, coaching, and fighter recruitment for a top ten mma company.
Top trait I look for....... ATHLETICISM. MMA is just like any other sport where being more athletic than the other guy is important, the difference being the kind of specific athleticism required.
I did not say the top fighters are the ones who can tolerate punches best. I said the ones who can’t tolerate punches, are generally filtered out. It’s a natural selection process.

And sorry dude, but what I stated is just fact (though there are always exceptions). The top boxers and MMA fighters are able to tolerate punches much better than the average male.

That boxers who can’t take punches usually get filtered out, is common knowledge in boxing. There should be nothing controversial about what I said.

So, one cannot say a specific athlete will do well in MMA. Odds are always against it, because the ability to tolerate punches is not a normal human trait. Most people can’t fucking stand getting hit hard. When discussing any specific NBA or NFL player, you have to remember - it is more likely than not, that they will not be able to accept getting hit very well.

How's his chin?

How's his heart?

How does he react to getting hit?

Do you people forget we are talking about fighting and not fucking decathalon here?

With Lebrons ups imagine the jumping spinnings attacks he could learn/do, fucking flying around and shit

I don't think most shertards actually listen to the interviews posted. They just read the thread title and start commenting lol
We don't have time to actually read and listen to everything that is posted on here.
And how are you getting likes if you don't answer the minute the thread is made ?

Lol rogan is a verified sherdogger...im calling it now

From what ive seen over the years, theres seems to be quite alot of basketball fans that drift over here in the heavies, moreso than football fans imo....or at least sherdog is more obsessed with the thought of NBA players being what a MMA fighter could be......which is kind of bizarre considering its a sport where you get fouled for even attempting too much physical contact

Football players are faster, more powerful, at least twice as strong, can jump as high or more...all while at a larger bodyweight

Obviously im a NFL mark....but even im impartial to see it ridiculous to think that wellspring for premier "physicality" talent in wrestling, grappling and striking....would
come from the brittle boned "national pituitary association" of all places

Lmao it is kind of bizarre to just claim him the "best athlete"....if you just said best current badketball player, then you'd probably woukdnt recuwve an arguement

Lebron runs a 4.9 40 yard dash with his weight now(jeremy shockey said so)

If i just grabbed a former player from a team i dont like....like the chargers For comparison,

olshansky_1136173a.jpg

ex NFL player igor olshansky who was 6'6 and 320 pounds as a player,
had a draft vertical of 33 1/2 inches
( more than kevin durant)

A 4.9 40 yard dash(faster than lebron while weighing over 50 pounds more than james at his 260 plus pound heaviest weight)

And he bench pressed 225 pounds 43 times! ( NBA players bench 185 pounds for reps in their draft lmao)

.....not saying athletes like lebron or russell westbrook couldnt cut it....just saying my money is on the more physical and athletic sport...football

...Also rogan is a cuck
Lebron a 4.9 40?

LMAO. Hes clearly way faster than that. Jeremy Shockey is a retard or ur making that up

Id bet my life that Lebron would run a 4.6 or faster

NBA PLAYERS are the fastest strongest and best athletes in the World. No doubt...

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.
Lol @ comparing a swimmer and a glorified runner to a 6'8 270 lb freak of nature

So much ignorance about basketball in this thread lmao wow sherbros

<36>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back