• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being great at basketball doesn't mean you will do well in mma. It would be more believable if he was already good at multiple sports and it would still be iffy. I have seen wrestlers that should have transitioned just fine to mma fold because they can't take a hit. Rogan has burned his brains out on something.

Kevin Bieksa fucks up any and all other athletes.

Everyone knows NHL produces the best n toughest athletes

Kevin Bieksa fucks up any and all other athletes.

Everyone knows NHL produces the best n toughest athletes
lmao. im a hockey fan, but i dont think you understand how much bigger and stronger lebron is. hell Chara dummied dudes on size alone, and Lebron would make chara look like an uncoordinated child

Lebron has a Jonathan Goulet level chin though. Look how easily he is rocked:

lebron-james-flop-knicks-2012.gif

lebron-james-flop-2011.gif

Imagine a punch from Ngannou... Good lord!<15>
LOOL

Lebron has a Jonathan Goulet level chin though. Look how easily he is rocked:

lebron-james-flop-2011.gif

Imagine a punch from Ngannou... Good lord!<15>

He actually strikes the Overeem pose there for a second.

There's not much jumping or slam dunks in fighting. LeBron should stick to basketball.

Last edited:
I never understood how bouncing a ball around a small court meant you would become a great fighter

Being a good athlete doesn't mean you can take or throw a punch well

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.

You're describing conditioning, not athleticism when comparing lebron to ronaldo. Guaranteed LeBron has WAY better 40 time, vertical, and lateral movement than Ronaldo. Not to mention way bigger and stronger.

Michael Phelps level athleticism? He swims a straight line with no opponent. Again, you're descfibing conditioning, not athleticism. LeBron is a top 5 all-time player in a sport with a MUCH deeper talent pool (no pun intended). Kids have to guided towards competetive swimming or they take it up after realizing they suck at baseball, basketball, or football.

Being great at basketball doesn't mean you will do well in mma. It would be more believable if he was already good at multiple sports and it would still be iffy. I have seen wrestlers that should have transitioned just fine to mma fold because they can't take a hit. Rogan has burned his brains out on something.

Which is a massive issue, a lot of athletically gifted guys do not have the mentality under fire to be high level pros. Plus of course not everyone learns every skill in a similar fashion, some people have a natural aptitude for boxing or wrestling, some do not.

People are going out of there minds with Ngannou but the reality is that he is actually a perfect example that the whole "A level with 6 months training" myth is nonsense. Watch his loss again Cisse and that shows you what someone with limited training(actually much more than 6 months) looks like, wild sloppy arm punchs and a lot of mistakes.

Did you even listen to what he said? He said imagine if Lebron decided to train martial arts growing up rather than basketball. He didn't say "lebron could come to the UFC today and win the title"

Hope this helps.
its the same crap, imagine a gorilla trained ufc at birth instead of swinging on trees. you see what i did there?

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.

Imagine any soccer player trying to defend Lebron on corner kicks and set pieces. He is 6'8" and 255 pounds and can jump higher than anyone in soccer.

And I played both sports. In terms of cardio they are equally demanding, but in different ways. Lebron would adapt.

lmao. im a hockey fan, but i dont think you understand how much bigger and stronger lebron is. hell Chara dummied dudes on size alone, and Lebron would make chara look like an uncoordinated child

I think you under estimate the toughness of a hockey player and are overestimating that size beats skill good sir.

LeBron gets knocked down by the passing wind when someone walks by him. You think hed be tough enough to take on Bieksa on skates or George Laraque in a street fight ?

Royce Gracie & Brock taught us size doesnt always beat skill.

Meh athletic ability doesn't mean shit and we have seen that time and time again.

Heart is what makes a champion....many great athletes crumble in the face of adversity in a fight....something Francis has not shown us yet.

I think you under estimate the toughness of a hockey player and are overestimating that size beats skill good sir.

LeBron gets knocked down by the passing wind when someone walks by him. You think hed be tough enough to take on Bieksa on skates or George Laraque in a street fight ?

For my own edificaton, please tell me you understand that LeBron flopping is gamesmanship and his attempt to gain a competetive advantage. Please tell me you don't REALLY think he's that big of a pu$$y...please.

Considering that fighting doesn't take pace on skates and that LeBron has substantial advantages in EVERY physical metric, I'd say he violates both the players you mentioned.

I've played hockey my entire youth and been in my first share of scraps. The difference between hockey fighters and super humans like lebron is insane. This is a freak of nature

Just because he's elite in one sport doesn't mean he would be elite in MMA.

Combat sport competitors are a different breed, it's not just about talent, athleticism or even work ethic, you need to be extremely tough, few people have that type of toughness.

Even Rogan has said himself before he's seen loads of fighters before that had the skill to be elite but just couldn't take a punch.

I never understood how bouncing a ball around a small court meant you would become a great fighter

Being a good athlete doesn't mean you can take or throw a punch well

It doesn't, people on this forum are self loathing mental midgets and still can't seem to wrap their minds around that fact 10 years on still <45>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back