Joe Rogan: "Bisping has resting heart rate of 34 beats a minute"

Will it increase of decrease when unconcious? ;)

That's always been bisping's strongest point. His cardio is one of the best in the game especially if you when you factor in the pace he fights at. He fights at an incredible pace and keeps it up for 15 mins everytime. Too bad he has no power in his shots.

Too bad he doesn't have the physical attributes, fight IQ, coaching, or fight in the right division to win a UFC title.

This gets brought up every time Bisping has a big upcoming fight. It wont matter, just like how it didnt matter against Hendo, Wanderlei, Vitor, Kennedy, Rockhold, and any other truly elite fighter that he's faced.

So we can put Bisping's Heart Rate in there with Diaz's ability to run triathlons as things that don't mean crap in MMA but which Joe harps on in order to make fighters seem impressive.

40 is not that surprising among too athletes. And Bisping has sick cardio. I bet it's close either way.

Its also part genetic.

Lowest ive recorded is 42, fittest ive ever been but i am no athlete.

- Rousey beat up two 200lbs guy
- Rousey drop world champion boxers in training

... :rolleyes:

It's possible. One of my fellow servicemen has a heart rate of 30 somethin' as well. Of course her cardio is off the charts. She outpaces some of the men on the 2 mile for speed.

Its also part genetic.

Lowest ive recorded is 42, fittest ive ever been but i am no athlete.
I thought you trained MMA? That has to be pretty good for the cardio. I think the athlete comparison is strictly cardio.

Plus I thought the generic links were when someone has a disease. Like heredity heart conditions and what not can cause lower resting heart rates. But obviously that's not an indicator of cardio but rather a heart problem.

I could be wrong but I haven't heard that as far as the link, if I am understanding you correctly. Are you saying people can have naturally good cardio genetically?

Lowest I've ever come in at is 38. Not that I'm an athletic god, but I try to stay in shape. I also have fucked eyes, had to stop sparring cause of the damage in them. Maybe there's a correlation :D

fucken genetics eh

the guy gets a lotta hate for someone whos career has been fucked over by the ufc only adopting a real anti drug policy now

I thought you trained MMA? That has to be pretty good for the cardio. I think the athlete comparison is strictly cardio.

Plus I thought the generic links were when someone has a disease. Like heredity heart conditions and what not can cause lower resting heart rates. But obviously that's not an indicator of cardio but rather a heart problem.

I could be wrong but I haven't heard that as far as the link, if I am understanding you correctly. Are you saying people can have naturally good cardio genetically?

Yeah i trained and fought but was just for fun. I am good side of decent in basically all sports but certainly not an athlete.

Cardio is imo somewhat genetic but i was saying low heart rate is. Just how my body works. Also have really low cholesterol which is certainly not from my diet.

Heart rate to cardio isnt 1:1 my brother in law does 10km swims etc and he is never as low as mine.

Change in heart rate however is much closer linked to cardio. Ie how fast it returns to normal after exercise.

Back