Joe Rogan: “fights are supposed to be about who does more damage”

Rogan is right. The primary goal of a fight is damage. Judging is ludicrous at the minute.

Yup, but unless they announce PRIDE while fight scoring then it's gonna be this way. That's what we get for 10-9 must

For me fights are also about damage. Therefore I had no problem with the Fury Wilder decision, although if you go by the boxing rules Fury should ve won. Still it was clear that Wilder had done more damage.
However, in many fights it is not measureable which fighter did the most damage. Some fighters just have that damaged look after the first round, although they have not absorbed that many shots. Therefore I think that the current way of scoring is best

Agreed, some guys take a beating and don't even swell badly... some get hit twice and open up... so judging on damage gets sketchy too.

So if you don't hit as hard as the other guy then you don't deserve the decision?

What if you beat the shit out of the guy but he's like Anderson and doesn't bruise pretty much at all.... then he hits an elbow that gushes you open... you should lose the fight because you cut easier??

Ehhhh
<{clintugh}>

Well we have a different definition of fighting then. If we meet on the street, you beat me up pretty hard in the first 5 mins, then u gas and for 15 mins we only more or less touch each other lightly, I would call you the winner of the fight. Also our faces and bodies would look accordingly.

What you are saying, basically, is that both fighters did almost no dmg in rounds 2-5 but fighter two is the victor due to barely winning those rounds, whereas my definition is that fighter 1 did 90% of the whole dmg in the fight and should win. Fighter 2 has 4 rounds to do as much dmg and if he can't he deserves to lose.

You both are talking about the difference between 10-8s/10-7s and 10-9s.

There is a problem with how fights are scored due to poor judges and rules that seem to be written by people who used to like MMA but now only catch it on air here and there, but I don't think it's the system, like I said it's: the judges and the rules.

Judges need to be replaced and the position of MMA judge needs to be available solely to people who have unquestionable connection to and admiration for, the sport/art(s).

The rules need to be refined by people of that same cloth.

10-8s need to be seen more, and any round of a 10-7 or God forbid a 10-6 needs to result in mandatory reviewal of the referee's and the defeated fighters corner's career performance and hopefully their firingb/banning because 10-7 and 10-6 means nearly murder, lol.

So a guy can go balls out for a round and a half, bust up his opponent then run/cruise the rest of the fight and win because he did the most damage?

Nobody has mentioned the idea of a damage only scoring system.

I've seen people mention this actually and it's stupid. Anderson can take huge shots and not get swelling or busted open on average but GSP or Nick Diaz cut immediately lol

He's discussing fights on his podcast. Are you desperate to increase your post count/belt or are you just a Rogan hater?
How he feels things should be is irrelevant to how a fight is actually scored. Much like most of the the shit he spews out of his mouth. His personal feelings towards topics doesn't mean that's the way things should be.

How he feels things should be is irrelevant to how a fight is actually scored. Much like most of the the shit he spews out of his mouth. His personal feelings towards topics doesn't mean that's the way things should be.

When you listen to a person's podcast, you're listening for their opinion and them talking about stuff. So your response was so far beyond stupid that I can't even comprehend how you brush your teeth.

*If you hate Joe Rogan or his opinion that's fine.
But don't bring up his podcast to shit on his opinion when that's what podcasts are.... conversations... I know people hate Rogan here but only an absolute moron would say his opinion doesn't matter ON HIS PODCAST

<Dany07>

The amount of stupidity....

I agree and dis- agree.
It all depends. I mean if one guy looks worse for wear because of 1 or 2 particular shots but still dominates most of action then a degree of common sense has to come in play.Flip side of coin, damage should come into play if fight is close.... judges or a special judge should be able to override a scorecard but that even becomes dicey.
There are alot of examples where winner of fight shouldn't have won based on all this.

When you listen to a person's podcast, you're listening for their opinion and them talking about stuff. So your response was so far beyond stupid that I can't even comprehend how you brush your teeth.
I've listened to three podcasts. Two were where he "acted" as a moderator between two people having a debate, in which his biased opinion on the subject had him constantly cutting off on person for the other. The third was the Novitsky podcast after the Jon Jones failed drug tests, where even youtube knows he's full of shit. I don't listen for his opinion, I listened to his podcasts because I thought the debates would be meaningful and interesting, which they weren't. Whenever the person Joe didn't favor would gain ground, he'd cut him off for the other individual.

Yup. But that's not the only context or GSP would lose a lot of decisions.
Still doesn't matter. You don't agree with it being part of the scoring criteria but it is. Get over it. Just like Joe should. If this world worked on they way people felt it'd be way more fucked up than it already is.

I've listened to three podcasts. Two were where he "acted" as a moderator between two people having a debate, in which his biased opinion on the subject had him constantly cutting off on person for the other. The third was the Novitsky podcast after the Jon Jones failed drug tests, where even youtube knows he's full of shit. I don't listen for his opinion, I listened to his podcasts because I thought the debates would be meaningful and interesting, which they weren't. Whenever the person Joe didn't favor would gain ground, he'd cut him off for the other individual.

Again; it doesn't matter what you think about his podcast. Take a page from your own book, his opinion doesn't matter as a fight commentator? Okay well as a loser in life, your opinion about his successful podcast doesn't matter.

What does matter? If you're watching his podcast, you're watching for his opinion whether you realize it for not.

You don't watch Lord of the Rings and talk about how it doesn't matter if they destroy the Ring. You don't watch Joe Rogan or listen to clips and say his opinion doesn't matter when that's all his podcast is...

I'm not gonna help you increase your post count any more

You both are talking about the difference between 10-8s/10-7s and 10-9s.

There is a problem with how fights are scored due to poor judges and rules that seem to be written by people who used to like MMA but now only catch it on air here and there, but I don't think it's the system, like I said it's: the judges and the rules.

Judges need to be replaced and the position of MMA judge needs to be available solely to people who have unquestionable connection to and admiration for, the sport/art(s).

The rules need to be refined by people of that same cloth.

10-8s need to be seen more, and any round of a 10-7 or God forbid a 10-6 needs to result in mandatory reviewal of the referee's and the defeated fighters corner's career performance and hopefully their firingb/banning because 10-7 and 10-6 means nearly murder, lol.

I disagree. Unless you add 10-10s more frequently as well. So a guy winning a 10-7 the first and losing only one of the later rounds with the 10-9, the rest 10-10s, would still easily win.

Again; it doesn't matter what you think about his podcast. Take a page from your own book, his opinion doesn't matter as a fight commentator? Okay well as a loser in life, your opinion about his successful podcast doesn't matter.

What does matter? If you're watching his podcast, you're watching for his opinion whether you realize it for not.

You don't watch Lord of the Rings and talk about how it doesn't matter if they destroy the Ring. You don't watch Joe Rogan or listen to clips and say his opinion doesn't matter when that's all his podcast is...

I'm not gonna help you increase your post count any more
Are you seriously retarded? I've watched less than 1% of the content he has created, all of which shouldn't have had his opinion interjected at all into it. Yet it was. So I unintentionally was treated to his wonderful personality when he repeatedly cut off a cardiologist referencing numerous sources stating that too much ingestion of meat will cause heart disease, for an accupunturist that kept referring to the same 1 study that says otherwise. Does that make sense to you? He should have no opinion on that subject what so ever, because he never went to medical school and he's not a scholar in any medical field what so ever. He should sit back and moderate the debate.

Are you seriously retarded? I've watched less than 1% of the content he has created, all of which shouldn't have had his opinion interjected at all into it. Yet it was. So I unintentionally was treated to his wonderful personality when he repeatedly cut off a cardiologist referencing numerous sources stating that too much ingestion of meat will cause heart disease, for an accupunturist that kept referring to the same 1 study that says otherwise. Does that make sense to you? He should have no opinion on that subject what so ever, because he never went to medical school and he's not a scholar in any medical field what so ever. He should sit back and moderate the debate.

Again; you call me stupid but you're watching a man's podcast or clips of it then bitching that his opinion doesn't matter... on his show... where they often discuss... his opinion... but I'm retarded....

I can already see your life is terrible and I hope things get better for you.

Back