Joe "jump the gun" Rogan

i like when he says "it's in tight" because that means the guy will get out of it seconds later

yeeeeaaah most people missed the point of this, as i said at the end i like Rogan and think he's a great commentator. I simple pointed out 2 things that annoy me to discuss. i could never do a better job then him and nor does kenny, John or Mike.

Thats a wrap, son.

I used to not like rogans commentary but over the years have grown to respect his knowledge. these days i have a hard time listening to anyone else other than florian commentate a fight.

I like Joe but The funny part to me is when he or Goldberg screams "he's hurt!!!" and the guy is fine. Then maybe 2 minutes later they're commending the fighter for recovering and how "durable" the guy is.

I hear a lot more he's got 'world class' <insert jujitsu, boxing, stand up, ground and pound.>

yeeeeaaah most people missed the point of this, as i said at the end i like Rogan and think he's a great commentator. I simple pointed out 2 things that annoy me to discuss. i could never do a better job then him and nor does kenny, John or Mike.

I,I,simply,two,I,than,either,do.

Dude's a fan of the sport too, which he is also watching live. Sure, he has some miscues, but it's going to happen in sports.

We all know Joe does that. It's the imperfections that endear us to the person.

That's a wrap!
TREMENDOUS! TREE-MEN-DOS!
Nice Leg kick there! (doesn't matter that it has the kicking power of a 7 year old girl)

Fighter A beating the shit out of Fighter B. Fighter B throws a half hearted jab:
NICE JAB! OOOH That one connected! He got him hard!

Anything BJJ related, Joe gets a hard on.

Would you rather have Mike speak most of the time though? This guy spews out useless trivia while heavy action is going on.

Joe is fine. he's just really passionate. Mike has been doing this for a decade and still doesn't know the difference between a kimura or a leg lock.

He looked/sounded stupid when he said the kick to Bedford barely grazed then seconds later said yup definitely hit spot on.

He surely does like to jump the gun.

how many times do you reckon Joe Rogan has said, "thats it!" or "thats the wrap (rap?!) son" or "its a matter of time now" or something similar, when it really isn't. Ive notice he tends to say it when he is singing a BJJ guys praises and then that guy gets someones back or something, but he has done it for ko's aswell. He jumps the gun, rarely but consistently. Not a fan of his BJJ orgasms we have to witness! I think he jumped the gun for kongo vs Barry but ill happily give him that one.

Any examples you can think of?

i also hate when he is explaining a complex BJJ move 97% of people cant follow, and even if the fighters move position he will carry on explaining it as if he is on 10 second tape delay. "what he needs to do is he needs to scoot his arm.... oh he lost it" yes he did, 10 seconds ago.

dunno where that came from i like him really!

Rarely but consistently? You understand how contradicting that is, right?
Also, him explaining exactly what's going on in a fight is his job, you goober.

Boohoo lets see you do his job, I'm betting its not as easy as it looks.

I read the title wrong

jumping-the-shark.jpg

As you were...

Everytime Joe says "Changing of the guard" this picture comes to mind...
WindsorChangingOfTheGuard1.jpg

Back