Joe "jump the gun" Rogan

esp when someone takes a back, like we know that Joe.....'He's got his back!' like the fights over?

Oh shit, burn him at the stake for getting excited about the sport he's commentating. The same organization he did backstage commentary for FREE in Dothan, AL in 1997. I respect that because I used to go to Dothan for business, and well, I'll just leave it at that...LOL

Oh, the horror!!

Didn't Ken-flo do this exact thing yesterday when Pearson rocked G-sot in the 1st or 2nd? I remember clearly thinking "no Kenny... it isn't over yet he's just rocked". TS all MMA commentators do this and to be honest Rogan is above average compared to most.

When I went from Pride to UFC I really started to appreciate Joe's breakdown of what was happening on the ground ... Bas' explanations were funny like, "he's just got to break the arm" lol so the difference was huge. Plus Joe is a passionate fan

Joe is a cool, interesting guy but he is TERRIBLE at all of his jobs. He's a awful actor, ok announcer, average comedian... the only thing I like about him is his podcast. He just talks about whatever he feels like for 3 hours. That's when he's at his best, shooting the shit.

if you ever watch MMA with people who do not know much about the sport. Joe is a great announcer. for us fans who obsess over every detail and press release he gets a bit tiresome.

His job isn't to explain things to the people who already know them. His job is to treat the viewing audience like they are idiots who have never seen an MMA fight before, and guide them through what is happening.

Rogan is a good commentator who happens to have a passion for the sport sitting in one of the best seats in the house for every friggin' fight. I can't fault the guy for his passion. I'd rather hear Rogan say, "That's a wrap.... Oh... how is he standing!!!" than a cold fart calmly stating, "A few more shots to the face he may be in trouble."

My favorites though.... "If the Seahawks want to win the game they'll have to score more points than the Broncos.." or "Patriots are going to have to play some defense to win this game..." or other "no shit" statements.

Reminds me of the Tyson - Douglas fight. If you were listening to the dry, unobservational dialog of the commentators you might think Tyson was in form as usual through the first five rounds.

Who cares and kongo was out and got a gift from god

[WITH_TEETH];77297903 said:
Joe is a cool, interesting guy but he is TERRIBLE at all of his jobs. He's a awful actor, ok announcer, average comedian... the only thing I like about him is his podcast. He just talks about whatever he feels like for 3 hours. That's when he's at his best, shooting the shit.

He's worth millions, and you're not. He's done something right.

He is an excellent commentator, one of the best if not the best in MMA.
He is a real fan which is why he goes crazy when something happens where Goldie does his regular plugs and "it's all over".

[WITH_TEETH];77297903 said:
Joe was great on fear factor and he's probably the most knowledgeable/passionate commentator in ALL of sport so just shut up. He was doing it for free in the 90's just because he loved it and has turned it into a career. His comedy is okay in my opinion but not great...but to call him terrible at everything is blind hate.

I think Golberg is worse. He constantly claims "it's all OVER!"...and then it isn't.

I think he's the best announcer in sports today. Clean the sand out of your snapper and watch the damn fights.

He gave us the phrase "slips and rips." Where would any of our lives be without that gem?

Oh, I don't wanna bag on the guy or anything! The dude has given me some of the best laughs I've ever enjoyed! Lol..slips and rips..

Back