Joe Biden as President - Affordable Health Care?

chardog

That's President Donald Trump
@Steel
Reaction score
other than to get his family filthy rich
and beat trump

I see his major plans on his campaign site https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/
1. Beat Covid-19..... well a vaccine will do that, I imagine.
2. Economic Recovery..... Ok, point 1.
3. Affordable Health Care for all......

I want to focus on #3

are we going to be scammed once again? ACA was a disaster and we still pay globs of money to the insurance industry. Can I hold Joe's feet to the fire for this? Obama failed bigly when it came to this, someone convince me why Joe will be any different.

*please avoid election talk*

*for the sake of argument, act like Joe won, I would like a constructive presidency regardless of R or D*

Yup, affordable healthcare for 100% of the country including the undocumented by the spring, Biden will make it happened like he promised.

Also, covid numbers will drop to virtually nothing by then so that'll be a bonus.

Obama failed because Republicans drastically altered HIS plan.

Anyway, Joe Biden will have a plan, which is good. Having something rather than nothing is good.

If Trump wins, (he's not) well..............there is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo plan.

He keeps saying over and over and over that he has a plan..............but there is no plan. He just HATES Obama SO much that he wants to wipe away Obama Care WITHOUT a backup plan........................

In Trumps 60 Mins interview he handed over a BIG book of NOTHING.

FUCK not having a plan.

Yup, affordable healthcare for 100% of the country including the undocumented by the spring, Biden will make it happened like he promised.
as long as GDP expenditure is ~10%, he can cover whoever he wants as far as I'm concerned. The big picture is that %10 GDP for health would cut my costs drastically.

but if he dicks around and shifts costs around, like ACA..... it's a lose lose situation, on top of slap on the face.

The best thing to do is open insurance markets nationally. People always point to single payer because it expands the insurance pool...well so would making it national instead of state. See where that takes us then go from there. Trying to make drastic changes to something as big as healthcare is like quickly turning the wheel on a semi going down the highway.

Anyway, Joe Biden will have a plan, which is good. Having something rather than nothing is good.

If Trump wins, (he's not) well..............there is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo plan.

He keeps saying over and over and over that he has a plan..............but there is no plan. He just HATES Obama SO much that he wants to wipe away Obama Care WITHOUT a backup plan........................

FUCK not having a plan.
lmao, obama hired liz fowler, I havent forgotten.

look up that woman, it wasnt that long ago. I imagine obama had debt to pay for his campaign.....

Biden will not come through on any of his promises, as he’ll be deemed to be suffering from dementia after about a year in office, Kamala will take over and accomplish nothing as she’ll be cleaning up after him.

FUCK not having a plan.

Repeal and replace right? How come Trump was not held accountable for actually never having a HC plan? Never released a plan.

FUCK not having a plan.

What changes did they make? I always heard that Republicans didn't make any changes to it.

The Senate is looking good for Republicans, which means there will be absolutely no healthcare reform through typical channels. It seems like a real possibility that the Supreme Court repeals the ACA and absolutely fucks the healthcare system, putting us in a terrible spot.

If Dems by some good luck win the Senate or win it in 2022 I think they move forward with healthcare reform in 2022 if it's the former, in 2023 if it's the latter (totally speculative, btw). I think if Dems control the WH and Congress and don't get some healthcare done Dems will hold their feet to the fire.

He'll be a lame duck president as long as the Republicans hold the senate. McConnell will make sure of that.
Can have major influence on foreign policy and formulate a competent response to the pandemic, but you're right with regards to policy initiatives. As long as McConnell is alive and majority leader it's all DOA.

Repeal and replace right? How come Trump was not held accountable for actually never having a HC plan? Never released a plan.
I didnt vote for trump for healthcare, you gotta remember that ACA is literally a gen old legislation, it was never a trump campaign to totally redo healthcare. Not really expecting a president to do more than one major reform, trump was the wall, and relations with NK, peace treaties, banning hostile countries a bonus.

Biden can work with collins, romney and potentially flip the senate. I dont see anything unconstitutional with lowering the age of medicare slowly but surely until everyone is covered. Why salvage ACA, it sucks. preexisting conditions is a boogieman, insurance CAN cover that if they choose to. There is no law that prevents it, only insurance companies. either work with insurers or get rid of them.

Maybe it’s because I’m Canadian but why is something like universal healthcare such a hot button issue in the US? Don’t all citizens feel like it’s a basic right?

Because his supporters HATE Obama on par with how much trump hates him.

They have put up with sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much DIRT on trumps part.

Back