1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Joe Biden as President - Affordable Health Care?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by chardog, Nov 4, 2020.

1. chardog That's President Donald Trump

other than to get his family filthy rich
    and beat trump

I see his major plans on his campaign site https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/
    1. Beat Covid-19..... well a vaccine will do that, I imagine.
    2. Economic Recovery..... Ok, point 1.
    3. Affordable Health Care for all......

I want to focus on #3

are we going to be scammed once again? ACA was a disaster and we still pay globs of money to the insurance industry. Can I hold Joe's feet to the fire for this? Obama failed bigly when it came to this, someone convince me why Joe will be any different.

*please avoid election talk*

*for the sake of argument, act like Joe won, I would like a constructive presidency regardless of R or D*

Alphafail and Chesten_Hesten like this.
  2. Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

Yup, affordable healthcare for 100% of the country including the undocumented by the spring, Biden will make it happened like he promised.

Also, covid numbers will drop to virtually nothing by then so that'll be a bonus.

Bargey and BoxingFan653 like this.
  3. The Big Bang Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Obama failed because Republicans drastically altered HIS plan.

Anyway, Joe Biden will have a plan, which is good. Having something rather than nothing is good.

If Trump wins, (he's not) well..............there is nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo plan.

He keeps saying over and over and over that he has a plan..............but there is no plan. He just HATES Obama SO much that he wants to wipe away Obama Care WITHOUT a backup plan........................

In Trumps 60 Mins interview he handed over a BIG book of NOTHING.

FUCK not having a plan.

HomeCheese likes this.
  4. chardog That's President Donald Trump

as long as GDP expenditure is ~10%, he can cover whoever he wants as far as I'm concerned. The big picture is that %10 GDP for health would cut my costs drastically.

but if he dicks around and shifts costs around, like ACA..... it's a lose lose situation, on top of slap on the face.

5. Headkicktoleg Banned Banned

The best thing to do is open insurance markets nationally. People always point to single payer because it expands the insurance pool...well so would making it national instead of state. See where that takes us then go from there. Trying to make drastic changes to something as big as healthcare is like quickly turning the wheel on a semi going down the highway.

6. chardog That's President Donald Trump

lmao, obama hired liz fowler, I havent forgotten.

look up that woman, it wasnt that long ago. I imagine obama had debt to pay for his campaign.....

7. Sara Enigma Zone Platinum Member

Biden will not come through on any of his promises, as he’ll be deemed to be suffering from dementia after about a year in office, Kamala will take over and accomplish nothing as she’ll be cleaning up after him.

8. blaseblah Titanium Belt

It's not likely he improves healthcare with a Republican senate

9. HomeCheese Black Belt

Repeal and replace right? How come Trump was not held accountable for actually never having a HC plan? Never released a plan.

ToxicShocker, Sano and 4daLuLZ like this.
  10. mrsenor Black Belt

Biden is senile

Goonerview and Abazzdeboom like this.
  11. method115 Titanium Belt

What changes did they make? I always heard that Republicans didn't make any changes to it.

12. Misfit23 Red Belt

He'll be a lame duck president as long as the Republicans hold the senate. McConnell will make sure of that.

Halifax, Sano, irish_thug and 2 others like this.
  13. kpt018 Gold Belt

The Senate is looking good for Republicans, which means there will be absolutely no healthcare reform through typical channels. It seems like a real possibility that the Supreme Court repeals the ACA and absolutely fucks the healthcare system, putting us in a terrible spot.

If Dems by some good luck win the Senate or win it in 2022 I think they move forward with healthcare reform in 2022 if it's the former, in 2023 if it's the latter (totally speculative, btw). I think if Dems control the WH and Congress and don't get some healthcare done Dems will hold their feet to the fire.

Lubaolong likes this.
  14. kpt018 Gold Belt

Can have major influence on foreign policy and formulate a competent response to the pandemic, but you're right with regards to policy initiatives. As long as McConnell is alive and majority leader it's all DOA.

15. Kyojiro Kagenuma Red Belt Platinum Member

It's barely a Republican senate tho.

16. blaseblah Titanium Belt

Which is enough. Obamacare passed with zero Republican votes, even though it was designed to appeal to them. With any sort of lead they will block any progressive policies attempted by the Biden administration.

17. chardog That's President Donald Trump

I didnt vote for trump for healthcare, you gotta remember that ACA is literally a gen old legislation, it was never a trump campaign to totally redo healthcare. Not really expecting a president to do more than one major reform, trump was the wall, and relations with NK, peace treaties, banning hostile countries a bonus.

Biden can work with collins, romney and potentially flip the senate. I dont see anything unconstitutional with lowering the age of medicare slowly but surely until everyone is covered. Why salvage ACA, it sucks. preexisting conditions is a boogieman, insurance CAN cover that if they choose to. There is no law that prevents it, only insurance companies. either work with insurers or get rid of them.

18. Cold187um Brown Belt

Maybe it’s because I’m Canadian but why is something like universal healthcare such a hot button issue in the US? Don’t all citizens feel like it’s a basic right?

19. The Big Bang Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Because his supporters HATE Obama on par with how much trump hates him.

They have put up with sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much DIRT on trumps part.

HomeCheese likes this.
  20. rearnakedchoke Suck it!

Not just health care. But much more. A win for Biden will mean a more inclusive america.

HomeCheese likes this.