News Joaquin Buckley vs Nursulton Ruziboev set as UFC St Louis co-main event on May 11th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Wtf, Ruziboev is a huge middleweight. Should stay up there.

I love this fight. Nursultons KO of Brunno Ferreira was fucking Awesome, and Brunno is a beast himself.

Interested to see him at 170, Buckley is impressive but I think Ruziboev wins.

6'5"???

laugh-nicholas-cage.gif

I don't particularly like Buckley or his game, but I can't deny that he has looked much improved lately. Also gotta give him props for taking this fight. The dude just had a signature ranked win -- by stoppage, no less -- and has every right to fight his way up the list. Instead he's taking on an incredibly dangerous unranked opponent coming down in weight.

I'm a bit worried about Ruziboev making the cut. He looks a bit lanky and I guess with a good nutritionist he could potentially handle it, but man the guy is a career 185er who has even competed up at like 196 lbs. That said, it seems he does have some Welterweight and 175-pound Catchweight bouts on his record.

Assuming Ruziboev is healthy at 170, I guess I'd favor him against Buckley but it's hard to say. Joaquin is tricky and we've seen a lot more of him while Ruziboev hasn't had much time to showcase his full arsenal just yet at this level.

Nursulton is 6’5……lol

If he’s able to make weight and not be totally drained Buckley will be in big trouble.

6'5" is hilaious. Dana must have had an adrenaline rush to say that shit.

But honestly, Buckley KO'd with a spinning kick to the head 6'4" Impa who is now a LHW, just won the 1mill tournament at LHW at PFL, and arguably just beat Bellator LHW champ Eblem.

Hope Buckley KOs this eye poke merchant, hopefully he shows up with goggles and warns the ref beforehand

bizarre match making. The UFC thinks Nursulton is good because he's from a country that ends in "stan". but the "stan" country from which Nursulton hails, all the fighter are bums.

170 I have to favor Buckley. Could be a roough round 1 tho

Who in the fuck is...Nursulton Ruziboev?? He did he defect from PFL?

Co-Main on his home town card ain't so bad..

didnt like this Nursultan guy but Buckley is also annoying

6'5" is hilaious. Dana must have had an adrenaline rush to say that shit.

But honestly, Buckley KO'd with a spinning kick to the head 6'4" Impa who is now a LHW, just won the 1mill tournament at LHW at PFL, and arguably just beat Bellator LHW champ Eblem.
I'm pretty sure Impa is like 5'11?

And seems Ruziboev has been fighting at WW for a long time, pretty crazy.

He was fighting at welterweight in early 2021, but when you look back, his results at welterweight are pretty awful. He's lost to some stinkers on the regionals.

At middleweight, he was killing it.

I'm really not convinced by this move at all.
Oh really, I didn’t know that. Thanks for the information bud.
Yeah I expect him to be drained, he’s a big guy. This would’ve been a much better fight at 185, but I expect Buckley is the man to go after right now, and not the other way around

Buckley is listed as 5'10, but there's no way that man is taller than 5'8. Is this the biggest height difference we've had in the UFC? Or was Struve/Hunt bigger

It's not, but the fact that we are even contemplating the idea that a midget weight class might have a bigger discrepancy than HW/Openweight is absurd, when the entire point of midget weight classes' existence is to achieve relative parity and to protect midgets from larger men.

When you have guys like Turner competing at LW, it kind of defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?

Ruziboev moving to WW is literally insane.

I think he catches Buckley, wicked fight though.

Sherbros and their sick body dysmorphia again. Full of fatass around here.

Ruziboev is 6'2", thin and narrow at that. Plenty of WWs of that size. Plenty of them. Including the allegedly huge MW Okami. So nothing extraordinary that he is moving BACK to WW

Back