Joanne Calderwood is an Absolute Savage

Seems like all her greatest achievements were outside of the UFC. Haven't seen her do anything in the UFC worth getting excited about.

Calderwood's finished only one opponent since joining the UFC; all her other fights (including the ones on The Ultimate Fighter) have either gone the distance or resulted in her losing early. Throw in the fact she's a slow starter who likes to keep her range and has suspect take-down and submission defense, and that VanZant really likes to pressure her opponents by pushing the pace and wrestling, and it's not nearly as easy a fight as you make it out to be.

Scientific studies have shown people are generally too optimistic, often by as much as 50% so; I generally try to consciously correct this by being 50% more pessimistic, so when it turns out better than I hope, I'm happy. I mean, I'll be happy if Calderwood steamrolls VanZant, but after considering the information I have on the fighters in as objective a way as possible, I'd rather err on the side of not being heartbroken if the fighter I'd prefer to win lost instead.

I couldn't see PVZ finishing her, just hounding her but as soon as JoJo started landing I think PVZ would break quickly.

I get it though. I actually doubted Karolina going into the Rose fight even though people were telling me she should win.

I get it though. I actually doubted Karolina going into the Rose fight even though people were telling me she should win.
The fight with Markos, who is primarily a wrestler who thrives on takedowns, made me think Kowalkiewicz had a good shot against Namajunas, who generally needs to get opponents down to work her BJJ.

The fight with Markos, who is primarily a wrestler who thrives on takedowns, made me think Kowalkiewicz had a good shot against Namajunas, who generally needs to get opponents down to work her BJJ.

How would you see a JoJo vs Karolina fight going?

<33>

How would you see a JoJo vs Karolina fight going?

<33>
Honestly, I think Kowalkiewicz takes it; her striking seems more developed overall, with Calderwood's subpar striking defense (she doesn't quite block punches with her face, but it's damn close) and penchant for looking openings to throw a single strike at a time not really matching up well against Kowalkiewicz's superior striking defense and ability to throw combinations. I mean, if Calderwood wins, I'll be happy, but if she loses, I won't be devastated because it'd be expected.

Honestly, I think Kowalkiewicz takes it; her striking seems more developed overall, with Calderwood's subpar striking defense (she doesn't quite block punches with her face, but it's damn close) and penchant for looking openings to throw a single strike at a time not really matching up well against Kowalkiewicz's superior striking defense and ability to throw combinations. I mean, if Calderwood wins, I'll be happy, but if she loses, I won't be devastated because it'd be expected.

I think Karolina would win a decision in very fun fight.

They need to book fights for these girls. I want to watch them.

Joanne%2BCalderwood%2BFace%2BFront%2BKicks%2BSeo%2BHee%2BHam%2BTUF%2B20%2BFinale.gif

I think Karolina would win a decision in very fun fight.

They need to book fights for these girls. I want to watch them.
Might as well book it; Kowalkiewicz just lose to the champion, and Calderwood's several wins away from a title shot after splitting her last four fights. It'll probably be a good action fight to anchor a UFC on FOX or Fight Night card as the main or co-main bout.

If the woman could just find a decent hair stylist. She's very likable. With an adorable accent.

Looked very good at FLW against Val. The UFC really needs that division.

Might as well book it; Kowalkiewicz just lose to the champion, and Calderwood's several wins away from a title shot after splitting her last four fights. It'll probably be a good action fight to anchor a UFC on FOX or Fight Night card as the main or co-main bout.

Oh I wasn't saying make that fight necessarily.

I'd like to see Karolina and Claudia go at it.

They should do JoJo vs PVZ, they tried to do it before, both coming off a loss. Let's find out if I'm right. :p

They should do JoJo vs PVZ, they tried to do it before, both coming off a loss. Let's find out if I'm right. :p
Few things would make me happier than your being right in this situation.

It's a hard time being a JoJo fan. I honestly think on her day she could beat any girl. She could also lose to any scrub picked from any shitty promotion around the world. It's never boring.

It's a hard time being a JoJo fan. I honestly think on her day she could beat any girl. She could also lose to any scrub picked from any shitty promotion around the world. It's never boring.

fwr_kst_210616_JoJo.jpg

Give him time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back