• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Jessica Penne

So as of right now only 5 out of 82 Sherdoggers are educated viewers of the sport.

Makes sense actually.

#andnew

2698c6114f963709c1ba5502893713e7.jpg

So as of right now only 5 out of 82 Sherdoggers are educated viewers of the sport.

Makes sense actually.

#andnew

2698c6114f963709c1ba5502893713e7.jpg

Now when Jedi destroys her, are you going to come in this thread and admit that you are not an educated viewer of the sport as you so valiantly proclaimed the majority to be?

Simple solution:

Don't enter the thread.

Well, not entering the thread is a hard thing to do for attention whores spewing the same diatribe that's been rehashed a thousand times in every WMMA thread.

They don't want you to know they dislike WMMA, they want you to know they exist. Badly.

Well I assume Penne will come in with a better game plan than Carla did. That being said, if she can't take it to the ground she'll likely get destroyed by a vastly superior striker.

I do get the sense that Penne will come into this fight mentally stronger than Esparza was against JJ. While I don't like Carla, I do think that mental exhaustion and a lack of focus played a role in her devastating loss against JJ. With a stronger mental I think that Carla's fight would have at least been more competitive.

I don't doubt Penne's mental strength or her skill/ability, I just think that JJ is physically stronger than her which will come into play during TD, has superior striking, and an iron will to win. I also feel that JJ is intelligent enough to continually work on advancing, and rounding out her overall MMA game. So just as Penne has promised improvements in her game, I expect to see improvements in JJ's game as well.

Penne has stated several times that she believes JJ is one dimensional, and this type of thinking could be a mistake for her because if she really believes that, then she is underestimating her opponent which is not smart.

Last edited:
Betting odds are up:

Jedrzejczyk 100/647 (0.15)
Penne 532/100 (5.32)
Over 2.5 100/170 (0.59)
Under 2.5 150/100 (1.50)
Fight goes to decision 170/100 (1.70)
Fight doesn't go to decision 100/230 (0.43)
Draw 14000/100 (140.00)
Jedrzejczyk ITD 100/195 (0.51)
Jedrzejczyk DEC 200/100 (2.00)
Jedrzejczyk by TKO/KO 100/120 (0.83)
Jedrzejczyk by SUB 800/100 (8.00)
Penne ITD 680/100 (6.80)
Penne DEC 960/100 (9.60)
Penne by TKO/KO 1000/100 (10.00)
Penne by SUB 1000/100 (10.00)

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f9...ejczyk-v-jessica-penne-1630et-6-20-a-3012793/

Strangely enough, Jedi ITD is -195, while Jedi by TKO is -120.

That's a significant value, unless you think she might win by Sub.

That is odd. I expect a TKO victory, I don't envision JJ even trying to sub Penne.

That is odd. I expect a TKO victory, I don't envision JJ even trying to sub Penne.

Out of 9 fights, she has 3 knockouts and everyone is like SHES GONA KO KO KO KO KO KO KO KO KO! ROUND 1 KO! Maybe because everyone only watched her last fights I dont know, but she could possibly TKO Penne.

I am going to have a rather different speculation based on the fact that her opponent is not as vulnerable as Esparza, because Penne has much better reach and uses jiu-jitsu to bring down opponents, which require less strength and is more effective on bigger opponents. I predict a round 3 armbar by Penne.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk is prob the only female fighter i get hype to watch

and that's no disrespect to any of the female fighters; there all tough and skilled.

but joanna is a beast

Out of 9 fights, she has 3 knockouts and everyone is like SHES GONA KO KO KO KO KO KO KO KO KO! ROUND 1 KO! Maybe because everyone only watched her last fights I dont know, but she could possibly TKO Penne.

I am going to have a rather different speculation based on the fact that her opponent is not as vulnerable as Esparza, because Penne has much better reach and uses jiu-jitsu to bring down opponents, which require less strength and is more effective on bigger opponents. I predict a round 3 armbar by Penne.

Its a 5 rounder, if it were a 3 rounder I might lean closer toward UD. I don't think Penne has the TD's to get JJ to the ground and keep her there, and I'm fairly certain that Penne can't deal with JJ's striking.

don't see a straight KO,but a TKO is high up on the probability scale,that big nose will be a bloody mess by the end of the 2nd,maybe even the 1st.

Your vCash stash seems to be untouched bro! Put it down on Penne by Sub and rake in the dough at +1000!

Back