• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked Joanna Champion 2.0: TUF 23 Filming Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Observer they say that it's likely Joanna's going to be the bad guy on TUF

"The new season of The Ultimate Fighter debuts on 4/20 and the buildup video looked like there were a lot of fireworks involved. What has come out is that the heat with champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and challenger Claudia Gadelha was similar to Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate in 2013. You can never fully predict the public, but there was a feeling that Joanna, who has gotten really popular since her challenging for the title, is the one who comes across the worst. There was also an incident, not on camera, where Joanna threw a water bottle at Gadelha and they got into a legit fight with punches and kicks being thrown. Dana White said that Joanna hit her with a water bottle but Gadelha said Joanna threw the bottle at her and missed, but she kicked Joanna which didn’t miss. White’s description was that it happened just after filming had ended. “Claudia goes, `Shut the f*** up.’ She goes, `I’m so sick of listening to your mouth.’ and they started going at it, and I pulled them apart.” The title fight is scheduled for 7/8 in Las Vegas, as part of three straight nights of shows for International Fight Week."
I had a feeling just from the trailer this might be the case :(

In the Observer they say that it's likely Joanna's going to be the bad guy on TUF

"The new season of The Ultimate Fighter debuts on 4/20 and the buildup video looked like there were a lot of fireworks involved. What has come out is that the heat with champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and challenger Claudia Gadelha was similar to Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate in 2013. You can never fully predict the public, but there was a feeling that Joanna, who has gotten really popular since her challenging for the title, is the one who comes across the worst. There was also an incident, not on camera, where Joanna threw a water bottle at Gadelha and they got into a legit fight with punches and kicks being thrown. Dana White said that Joanna hit her with a water bottle but Gadelha said Joanna threw the bottle at her and missed, but she kicked Joanna which didn’t miss. White’s description was that it happened just after filming had ended. “Claudia goes, `Shut the f*** up.’ She goes, `I’m so sick of listening to your mouth.’ and they started going at it, and I pulled them apart.” The title fight is scheduled for 7/8 in Las Vegas, as part of three straight nights of shows for International Fight Week."
url?

Just gonna say, I don't really like her and hope she catches a beating, overly cocky and disrespectful. Some guy said she is liked because her accent and I'm sure he is right.

Just gonna say, I don't really like her and hope she catches a beating, overly cocky and disrespectful. Some guy said she is liked because her accent and I'm sure he is right.
Or maybe because she has personality? Is good with the fans, actively interacts with us? Arguably the best striker in the UFC? But her accent is the thing that makes her popular? Lol what u been smoking?

Or maybe because she has personality? Is good with the fans, actively interacts with us? Arguably the best striker in the UFC? But her accent is the thing that makes her popular? Lol what u been smoking?

Best in the UFC? are you crazy? Name a decent striker she has outstruck. Personality? She talks about how great she is and how she is number one all the time, is that personality to you?

That's cool, I like bad girls.

Honestly, it just feels like people haven't actually been paying attention to her, just seeing bits and pieces. Be prepared for the "Joanna's become too arrogant & unlikable" posts, even though she's been the same since her Muay Thai days. There's a reasonable dislike between the two ladies and there's been a lot of talk beforehand; there was always going to be some drama. People will always look for a villain to dislike throughout every season of TUF, as long as Joanna's just being herself and not exaggerating or manufacturing things, I don't see any issues whatsoever.

When so many ppl lost recently, conor, ronda etc. sherdoggers just shifted their hate for Joanna. The queen will shut everybodys mouth when she KOs claudio gadhelo.

First step is admitting you have a problem :D
It's a good problem to have. I'm unsure who I should honour with a date...Joanna, Tate, or Dee.

She's a dream boat though is Joanna. I'd take a beating from her anyday!

lol, you come into a thread that's dedicated to Joanna and start talking ish, I'm sure this will go over well you fucking Muppet.

Best in the UFC? are you crazy? Name a decent striker she has outstruck. Personality? She talks about how great she is and how she is number one all the time, is that personality to you?

I shouldn't judge but I'll take a stab in the dark you've probably watched her last 3 fights then you tubed a couple others, know nothing about her dominance in Muay Thai and not know she's a multiple time world champion... So yeah I guess ur right her striking is shit.

I suggest you watch more than fight interviews if her talking about fighting and been number one offends you. Tough shit she is.

Watch her silly side YouTube comps? Still a hater? Just go hang out in the BJ Penn, Conor and Fedor threads and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's a good problem to have. I'm unsure who I should honour with a date...Joanna, Tate, or Dee.

She's a dream boat though is Joanna. I'd take a beating from her anyday!

It sure is, JJ Annonymous meetings are Tuesday's and Saturdays :D

I'd take JJ over anyone tbh, she just seems so much fun,
She's cute and pretty in her own unique way :)

Sigh ..
tmIRq7I.gif

That's cool, I like bad girls.

Honestly, it just feels like people haven't actually been paying attention to her, just seeing bits and pieces. Be prepared for the "Joanna's become too arrogant & unlikable" posts, even though she's been the same since her Muay Thai days. There's a reasonable dislike between the two ladies and there's been a lot of talk beforehand; there was always going to be some drama. People will always look for a villain to dislike throughout every season of TUF, as long as Joanna's just being herself and not exaggerating or manufacturing things, I don't see any issues whatsoever.

This .. but the latest spin is that she is trying to emulate Conor. o_O

Bullshit! As you said, Joanna has been who she is since her Muay Thai days when MMA fans had no idea who she was .. This is not some new persona invented to keep up with Conor, but haters will still tell this lie any way. :rolleyes:

The Hollywood stereotype of East Europeans is cold and ruthless and that's certainly true of Joanna when it comes to the octagon. Will Tuf also pick up on funny Joanna and caring Joanna, it will be a pity if it doesn't, but who knows.

I've noticed the increase in anti-Joanna posts but what's the point of responding when they are so ill-informed.

Gadelha seems to be stuck in the past, as if she can fight the same fight and win with a different set of judges. This is a big weakness.

works for mcgregor ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back