Jo Jo Calderwood: " I don't want a bonus for a fight I under performed in"

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jo Jo Calderwood posted this on Facebook:

Jo Jo Calderwood
January 14
I just received my bonus cheque for fight of the season on The Ultimate Fighter id like to say thank you UFC. I may not have any loses on my record yet but I don't want a bonus for a fight I under performed in, disrespected Rose by not being at my best but hopefully I can fight her again and give her the respect she deserves by fighting the best version of me.

~
~

TUF_20_episode_11-Selects-2-2014-08-06-TUF-20-0066.JPG

She needs to give herself a break. There's no way she would had been at her best. Those fights on the show don't give enough time to prepare. She should just take the money. She's a great fighter and I'm sure there will be a rematch in the future. It's not like it's a stacked division.

She should just donate it to the prelim fighter's charity.

Wow, that was really lame for JoJo to say that. Totally disrespecting Rose there.

I miss TUF 20. Really enjoyed the season. That episode with Tecia/Carla and JoJo vs. Rose was surreal to me when I was watching it. I knew exactly who was going to win each bout thanks to DirecTV's dumb spoiler but I remember sitting there on the edge of my seat for each fight.

Rose vs. JoJo was definitely the best fight of the season. Very exciting and active. Seeing JoJo in the back sobbing after the loss was really upsetting to me but I don't think she should have any shame for that fight. She gave a good effort. It looked like she was beginning to turn the tide right before Rose stopped her on the ground.

How compelling I found those fights (JoJo and Tecia are my favorite SW fighters that participated in TUF) really convinced me that I am a WMMA fan.

Pretty classy way to say you felt like you didn't perform to the best of your capability. It is real hard to say that without being viewed as taking something away from the other fighter.

But if she feels bad she can give me the check then have sex with me. I will show her what real under-performing is all about!

Hmm...even for self-deprecating humor that left a bit of a mark!

So I am confused, it seems like she does not want the money but makes no concrete decision that she will give the money back or give it to charity? This is coming from a huge fan, just would like a definite answer. In my eyes she deserves it because of her positive attitude in a house that was sometimes oversaturated with negativity.

Jojo is just awesome in every way. I hope with one or two more wins she will get a title shot at Esparza.

War Jojo!!

Jojo is just awesome in every way. I hope with one or two more wins she will get a title shot at Esparza.

War Jojo!!

I'm hoping they book her vs. Penne as the next title eliminator, with the winner facing Joanna or Carla in the late summer. However, I'm increasingly concerned it's going to be Tecia vs. JoJo, which would piss me off.

For just one dollar a day you can sponsor a starving prelim fighter. Your dollar will help provide food, water and education to those who need it most.

However, I'm increasingly concerned it's going to be Tecia vs. JoJo, which would piss me off.

Do you think that fight would be like Jo Jo vs. Seo Hee Ham, or different?

Good luck paying your bills. Dumb bitch.

2 yellowcards and you post that?

lol...good luck keeping your account active.

And she didn't give the money back, she just felt a little guilty as if she didn't deserve it.

Back